• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

onceknownasrab

President
Just listened to the post match interview with PS. Same old story, players not playing, big changes going to be made. Well lets be clear, looking at the list of recent signings, Benyon, Baldwin, Martin, Flood and sick note Sampson, none were fit to play when they arrived and at the stage of the season they joined us we needed fit bodies not liabilities. There are shocking errors at the club from top to bottom with regard players and the buck stops with the manager. If you cant get the players you signed to do the job required then you are not the man for the job.

I was under the impression only Baldwin and Flood weren't fit when they joined us, Sturrock doesn't have a crystal ball to predict if players are going to get injured during the season.

I have a grip which is more than PS has with the team. Enough is enough. I rate PS but will not accept constant blaming of players. If he is the manager he has to manage. When he cant he leaves.

It was welldocumented that neither Benyon or Martin were match fit and some way of it.
Well Martin has been great since joining so fit or not, Sturrock made a good signing there. Benyon remains to be seen, I think there's something there, he doesn't look injured to me so he must have been near full fitness, he just hasn't really got the chances with the style we're playing. But that's a problem with the tactics and this thread seems to be about the signings made.

The thread is about PS saying yet again its the players and big changes need making. Who is he suddenly going to magic up to put in? Yes Martin is doing ok but not from the off, he took time. Regardless of this we do not have the personnel to berate the team and talk of changes all the time.

I have a grip which is more than PS has with the team. Enough is enough. I rate PS but will not accept constant blaming of players. If he is the manager he has to manage. When he cant he leaves.

When the players step over that white line, to a certain extent, it is down to them.

I would suggest that match fit players would be regulars in their respective first Teams.

I would also suggest that our perilous finances do not allow us to do a Bournemouth and sign those sort of players.

With the exception of Flood, who I accept is a gamble, then I believe that all the signings were welcomed at the time and are good additions.

Personally I believe that the buck stops with Uncle Ron who seems to be hell bent on alienating everyone that he works with both at Southend United and within the town itself.

I think you'll find that the root cause of this current spell is due to issues off the pitch maifesting themselves on the pitch ..........once again!!

I just hope and pray that someone with enough backing sees enough potential in the FF development aligned with the regeneration of the airport to make RM an offer that he can't refuse - but then again, I've always been a dreamer!!

Well I can agree with you there, the constant treat of changing the team never seems to really happen, personally I'd like to see Dickinson out for a game, not that he has done much wrong but maybe it would stop us playing long ball as much, or alternatively playing long ball to Mohsni, who I think has a better head than Dicko. (This is not an attack on Dickinson I'm just saying maybe we should try a different striker for a change if PS is serious about changing the team)

I would suggest that match fit players would be regulars in their respective first Teams.

I would also suggest that our perilous finances do not allow us to do a Bournemouth and sign those sort of players.

With the exception of Flood, who I accept is a gamble, then I believe that all the signings were welcomed at the time and are good additions.

Personally I believe that the buck stops with Uncle Ron who seems to be hell bent on alienating everyone that he works with both at Southend United and within the town itself.

I think you'll find that the root cause of this current spell is due to issues off the pitch maifesting themselves on the pitch ..........once again!!

I just hope and pray that someone with enough backing sees enough potential in the FF development aligned with the regeneration of the airport to make RM an offer that he can't refuse - but then again, I've always been a dreamer!!

Finally someone with a grip on what is happening. By all means have a pop at the players and the manager. But the root cause is above them. Whether some of you like it or not, its all gone down the pan since Tara left. Fact. And that was down to one mans greed, jealousy and continued failed promises. Enough is enough. We need an overhaul at boardroom level.

Finally someone with a grip on what is happening. By all means have a pop at the players and the manager. But the root cause is above them. Whether some of you like it or not, its all gone down the pan since Tara left. Fact. And that was down to one mans greed, jealousy and continued failed promises. Enough is enough. We need an overhaul at boardroom level.

People don't realise that he was a lot more involved with the players than they think. I gather that he made a lot of friends on the playing side of things and there must have been a bad internal reaction to his departure.

Bring back Blair Sturrock!!!!!! :dim:

You might be joking, but Blair will put in 100% effort if we play him, which you could accuse some others of not doing right now, he also holds the ball up well which we never seem to do anymore.

People don't realise that he was a lot more involved with the players than they think. I gather that he made a lot of friends on the playing side of things and there must have been a bad internal reaction to his departure.
Damn straight. I dont care if people label me as part of 'The Brady Bunch' he was a good man, astute and knew exactly what was needed to get us out of this division and more importantly financially secure. It was plodding along just fine until our chairman ****ed things up yet again. Why do we just have to sit here and let this happen? I cant imagine any other clubs fans would tolerate it. We need to do something. Whos in?.....

Last edited:
Back