• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

That's why Freddy Eastwood's nickname is the legend!

Stan Collymore was without question the best striker I've ever seen at this club but a legend ? Nope. Fantastic memories ? Yep.

Donut and Prior are two that reached legendary status in second spells. I was never an Eastwood fan but the debut and the crucial goals in crucial games in the bottom two divisions give him the right to legend status. As many will remember I was incredibly vocal saying that Freddy would never make the grade higher than 3rd tier and I think the records prove that Wales or not. I still believe Freddy has goals in him and at least another season. He started this season on fire before injury since when he has hardly had what could be considered a decent run of 90 minutes. His legs may be struggling but his football brain is not.

There are some super memories in that list. I wonder if it would simplify things by people desisting from the term 'legend' and we created a Hall of Fame that can include so many. Also, it might be nice, if fans voted say once every five years and chose an ex-player to become an Honorary Blue. Could even hand out a certificate and whatever at a fund raising dinner.

A wise man once said to me 'never eat the yellow snow'

Your suggestion of a Hall Of Fame is different in context but equally a brilliant idea.

Legend is a strong word and possible used too freely.

The Hall of Fame induction is a different story.

Bravo

Stan Collymore was without question the best striker I've ever seen at this club but a legend ? Nope. Fantastic memories ? Yep.

Donut and Prior are two that reached legendary status in second spells. I was never an Eastwood fan but the debut and the crucial goals in crucial games in the bottom two divisions give him the right to legend status. As many will remember I was incredibly vocal saying that Freddy would never make the grade higher than 3rd tier and I think the records prove that Wales or not. I still believe Freddy has goals in him and at least another season. He started this season on fire before injury since when he has hardly had what could be considered a decent run of 90 minutes. His legs may be struggling but his football brain is not.

Ulrika-ka-ka agrees with you

There are some super memories in that list. I wonder if it would simplify things by people desisting from the term 'legend' and we created a Hall of Fame that can include so many. Also, it might be nice, if fans voted say once every five years and chose an ex-player to become an Honorary Blue. Could even hand out a certificate and whatever at a fund raising dinner.

SZ already has a Hall of Fame, and Freddy has already been admitted to it. The Trust also has a Hall of Fame, which is up for view in the entrance to the Shrimpers Bar.....it's in the process of being updated, I don't think he was in it previously but have no doubt he'll be added soon.

I'll see if I can dig up the SZ Hall of Fame stuff...here we are...not sure if we'd gone on from that point, YB?

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/show...ted-Hall-of-Fame-round-up&highlight=HAll+Fame

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/show...l-of-Fame-Freddy-Eastwood&highlight=HAll+Fame

What's interesting is that DWB voted FOR him!!!!

SZ already has a Hall of Fame, and Freddy has already been admitted to it. The Trust also has a Hall of Fame, which is up for view in the entrance to the Shrimpers Bar.....it's in the process of being updated, I don't think he was in it previously but have no doubt he'll be added soon.

I'll see if I can dig up the SZ Hall of Fame stuff...here we are...not sure if we'd gone on from that point, YB?

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/show...ted-Hall-of-Fame-round-up&highlight=HAll+Fame

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/show...l-of-Fame-Freddy-Eastwood&highlight=HAll+Fame

What's interesting is that DWB voted FOR him!!!!

It was for the hall of fame, not if he was a legend. Don't get me wrong, he was a big part of 2 promotions etc so should go into the hall of fame but not a legend for me. Surely that's easy enough to understand? No need to keep having a dig is there.

It was for the hall of fame, not if he was a legend. Don't get me wrong, he was a big part of 2 promotions etc so should go into the hall of fame but not a legend for me. Surely that's easy enough to understand? No need to keep having a dig is there.

The Hall of Fame stated the top 12 people in Southend's history, that pretty much means they had to be of legendary status!

Freddy Eastwood is the kind of player that our Grandkids will be hearing about on Shrimperzone in 50 years time. 7 second debut goal, play off final goal and assist, top scorer three years running, slayed Manchester United.

If he isn't a legend then no one is.

Freddy Eastwood is the kind of player that our Grandkids will be hearing about on Shrimperzone in 50 years time. 7 second debut goal, play off final goal and assist, top scorer three years running, slayed Manchester United.

If he isn't a legend then no one is.

Well said. Freddy is a legend!

In my opinion Freddy Eastwood and his achievements earn him automatic legendary status from his first spell at the club. The debut, the wonder goals, numerous hat-tricks, that Utd goal, back to back promotions, records galore and he is a local lad with a great story.

His second spell hasn't set the world on fire for numerous reasons including weight, injuries and PS. But he is and always will be deserved of legendary status amongst most Blues fans. As a fan since the early 90's I have seen some cult heroes and great servants at this club but Freddy is the biggest and most genuine legend bar none. It's sad that too many people take it too far in putting Freddy down.

True his his second spell has not been anywhere near what we had all dreamed of but you would be a very brave man to write Freddy off........I got a sneaky feeling that the legend may have one last big contribution as a SUFC legend - maybe a late winner at Wembley on May 26th!!!! But for now, Mr Freddy Eastwood I thank you for so many of my favourite football memories, you ARE a Southend legend.

It is because it is absolute nonsense. Yet another example of scapegoating. Second half of that season Eastwood, Gower and (arguably) McCormack were the only players in the squad who didn't look completely out of their depth and yet somehow Eastwood's attitude was the reason why we were shipping three goals a game.

Another top post.

I suggest that those who make these remarks about Eastwood not trying didn't go Sheffield Wednesday away when it was one man vs their entire team towards the end of that season.

Back