• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The £3 lunch deal.

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
I have the choice between Sainsburys and Tesco and have opted for the latter because they have a better selection and crucially have Pickled Onion Monster Munch in the deal.

Can any experts out there provide any interesting alternatives?

I have the choice between Sainsburys and Tesco and have opted for the latter because they have a better selection and crucially have Pickled Onion Monster Munch in the deal.

I spend the extra 79p and go to Boots instead. I enjoy trying to get as expensive a combination as possible.

Morrisons have a good one, where your 'snack' can be a pretty decent and sizable samosa, but alas none to be found in this corner of West London.

I had an Innocent coconut water in my meal deal today that has a standalone price of £2.63.

I can only assume the sandwiches are made of very low quality ingredients indeed.

Which suits me just fine.

for pure laziness reasons I now go to Sainsbury's and I have to say the £3 deal there is a tad naff! the sandwiches on offer are pretty poor nothing to get the taste buds going! although I like the Tyrells veggie crisps which are in the deal.

If I leave the house early enough I sometimes go to Onestop on my walk to the station as there meal deal is good, there tuna pasta is the best available IMO and again there snack range is pretty good, Pork pie or scotch eggs are a firm favourite of mine!

Bake your own bread, and have whatever you want. All for well under £3.

No lunch deals here but have enjoyed some cold sausages for lunch today left over from yesterday's BBQ! Yum, yum!

No lunch at all for me, a muesli breakfast, herbal drinks and fruit only during the day.

My body is a temple!

And as a manual laborer I get blooming hungry by the time to head for home.

...and sink 10 pints of lager and a vindaloo :smile:

LAGER!!!!!!!!!
Never but the odd pint of beer has been known to refresh and rejuvenate my old bones.
Vindaloo? not for 35 years but a choice madras for sure, peshwari nann, bhajji..............

I suppose I could get lucky and find a supermarket mock indian meal in the out of code knock down section but for £3? that might be pushing it.

I make a packed lunch for me and the kids every morning

Problem for me is that I have breakfast at 6 so lunch is calling at around half 10

Have also been known the eat my sandwiches before 10am

anyone lunching earlier??

I make a packed lunch for me and the kids every morning

Problem for me is that I have breakfast at 6 so lunch is calling at around half 10

Have also been known the eat my sandwiches before 10am

anyone lunching earlier??

I leave the house at 6:10. I have a pre breakfast at around 5:45 and another at 7:45 when I get in the office.

It keeps the wolf from the door but come 11am I am hungry. I try to hang on until midday though if I can.

I leave the house at 6:10. I have a pre breakfast at around 5:45 and another at 7:45 when I get in the office.

It keeps the wolf from the door but come 11am I am hungry. I try to hang on until midday though if I can.

I tend to have breakfast at 5:30, leave at 6, then a piece of fruit at 9, by 12 I'm starving.

By the by, Sainsburys has changed their £3 deal recently, the sandwich range has gone downhill and it's awful. I tend to see if there's any reduced ready meals on offer, or failing that grab one of their pasta salads.

Back