• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kenny

Thailand Shrimper
I'll try and keep this thread moving in some kind of chronological order, there will be some repetition until I get into the "newer" clips.

Some stuff I've redone to improve the quality and fix previous issues when converting from VHS to a digital file.

So let's kick this off:

4th May 1991, a fine day in the clubs history as we reached Division Two (sic, Division One) (Sic, The Championship) for the first time.

So who did put the ball in the Bury net?

Last edited:
a bit of a gap in my archive and that brings us into the Colin Murphy era, the only clip I have here is from a 3-3 draw at home to Millwall, Tilly rescuing a point at the end.

Last edited:
I remember the game against Millwall - and I remember thinking what was the point of putting Tilson on up front! Luckily I have never been considered as the manager .................. :'(

Very well done Kenny. Fantastic work. Brings it all back. Loving the Bury One, especially.

This is what it's all about, we're not Premiership glory hunters. When you love your club, it's for life through thick and thin.

luckily Barry Fry arrived to get us out of the mire, starting with a 4-2 win up at Sunderland (who were still at Roker Park). I seem to recall he hadn't met the players until he boarded the coach up there!

We next pick things up in May 1993 with Southend needing to beat Luton to guarantee safety. 11,000 fans were shoehorned into Roots Hall. I was in the North Bank this match and it was absolutely rocking.

Last edited:
Why did Mark Hall never make more of an impact. Always rated him the few times I saw him but he never seemed to make the break

luckily Barry Fry arrived to get us out of the mire, starting with a 4-2 win up at Sunderland (who were still at Roker Park). I seem to recall he hadn't met the players until he boarded the coach up there!

We next pick things up in May 1993 with Southend needing to beat Luton to guarantee safety. 11,000 fans were shoehorned into Roots Hall. I was in the North Bank this match and it was absolutely rocking.

[video=youtube;WAsVI6XocjE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAsVI6XocjE&feature=youtu.be[/video]
Didn't realise Andy Edwards played right back in those days. Also, unless my eyes were seriously deceiving me, that offside decision against Collymore was laughable.

[video=youtube;WAsVI6XocjE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAsVI6XocjE&feature=youtu.be[/video]

My first game and what a cracker

so Stanley was sold in the summer but Barry Fry bought shrewdly to rebuild the team, most notably Ricky Otto from Orient. We opened the season on TV with a 1-1 draw at home to Forest but we were soon back on TV again as Millwall were about to christen their new stadium:

Last edited:
We pick things up again in October 1993, the Blues were fresh back from a mid-week trip to Fiorentina in the Anglo-Italian where we got smashed 3-0, some Batistuta bloke got a hat-trick.

We took it out on Oxford though :winking:

Last edited:
The Oxford game is one of my all tme favourite games. Remember being almost crushed in the North Bank when Tommy Mooney celebrated his hattrick right in front of where we were standing.

The following weekend we travelled up to Barnsley. The performance of Mr Otto had "The Saint" purring with delight when they cut back to the studio, which was later parodied by Skinner & Baddiel.

I was tardy pressing record at the time so missed Bretts opening goal. :unsure:

Last edited:
so Stanley was sold in the summer but Barry Fry bought shrewdly to rebuild the team, most notably Ricky Otto from Orient. We opened the season on TV with a 1-1 draw at home to Forest but we were soon back on TV again as Millwall were about to christen their new stadium:

[video=youtube;j1QvEkGA2nw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1QvEkGA2nw[/video]

I was there at Millwall, in the home stand. Awful awful place. Great result though.

That reminded me of Derek Payne. Whats with short arsed Paynes?

Back