• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Loramski

All,

After reading the massive thread on the circa 80k profit for last year, I thought I'd provide you all with a little to ponder. I know many of you will not like this through your undying love for the club, just like my friend who will not accept any player who pulls on a Blue shirt being called cr@p:

About this time last year there was an article in a leading Sunday, which had a table of the 92 leagues clubs debts. Southend were rather concerningly in the top 20 with a figure of an estimated £8m. We were way above Wrexham and any other club that has come close to the Kaibosh recently.

It also appears that in the recent thread you all forgot that we almost faced administration not long ago - all that happened is Ron walked from one room as Mr MD with one piece of paper signed by directors and then into another room as Mr Delancy and signed it again (more or less the same people) gauarnteeing the clubs security to the courts. This prevented us being wound up. This action provides the clearest clue to the mystery of the SEL set up you are all debating. It's quite evident that the whole set up is a massive scam. Three companies, all interwined, with similar directors and similar interests, and an offshore account thrown in somewhere for extra interest. The only thing we haven't had yet to my knowledge is a name change by any of them.

You will all know too well what has just happened to Hornchurch and will shudder at the thought, however their set up with multiple companies, offshore accounts, and directors mingled in between all three meant that they have all walked away scott free leaving who's name to get fecked in the courts??? Hornchurch FC, whilst whatever new venture Mr Coldseal had to change their name for the umpteenth time and continue as they were.

The Echo is also somewhere close to reality (for once) when any time one of these companies have problems with their related business (profits, developments etc) it makes the front page.

It would not surprise me in the slightest that unlce Ron has already had drawings of flats for the Roots Hall site - and back in 1999 both purchasers could not have invisaged the spiralling property market or that a new University would be in the town (hang on, yes they could, they built it!!!). A nice cosey plot of land, with good access to the A127, close prox of the town centre and a Mainline railway station just a few hundered yards away - HANG ON A MINUTE.

This is the bl00dy reason they bought the club and the only reason they're hangin on.

This all sounds very conspiracy theorist I know, but it's happened elsewhere and seems to all add up - the only problem is I don't have the answer as to how we get out of this whole - I suppose the only hope is that the new flats earn them enough to be pursuaded to sell to a fans consortium leaving us with a ground as an asset somewhere and clear of debts???

For the time being though let's just hope they see sense in only offering max 2 year deals to players and keep wages realistic so we can stay in the theoretical black for the time being.

Regards

Happily, I see no parallels between the Hornchurch situation and ours.
Hornchurch paid over the odds and got all the best players, paying them the best money to be had at that level of football. They were trying to buy success ... and surely would have done (well Conference Football, anyway) if the money hadn't dried up.
Their youth team winning their FA Trophy match the week after it all went wrong was surely one of the results of the season at any level of football.
(The words youth team and winning in the same sentence may seem a bit strange for Southend followers; that's one area with plenty of scope for improvement. All those 50 pences with the bigger crowds last season should start to reap dividends!!)

Back