• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

southchurch

Manager⭐
Unlike a lot of shrimpers the Accrington board seems full of confidence:-

''hope I am not getting ahead of myself, but I can’t remember the last time I felt so positive heading into a new season.
Things behind the scenes seemed to be more professional and organised than ever before. The team appears to be taking shape nicely, with a mixture of existing experienced pro’s and hungry new talent and finally a Decent Pitch to play passing football on.''

And,

I too am looking forward to not only the friendlies, but the regular season and like smobile, feel more confident that I have ever done before. I honestly think we can go on and do things this season, even, dare I say it, auto promotion.

and,

i'm pleased with the progress being made off the field and now have far more hope than previous that Stanley can maintain their League status and become more than an expected lower end cannon fodder team. We could and should aspire to the Cheltenham type of model who were not too distantly a Stanleyesque club. now thought they are reasonably expected to do well on a frequent basis.

and,

Second division championship. Will settle for nowt less now I've put a tenner on 'em at 100/1

If this confidence is felt by the players too , you have to think it will be a tough opening game.

Make it even the sweeter though if we can give em a good spanking and knock that confidence into next week .

Heres hoping.

Cant be much confidence in our team at the moment, shed load of goals against us recently and we aint scoring, so i hate to say 2-0 to accry !

To be fair I'm not jumping on any bandwagons or suggesting we'll be relegated by christmas or anything, but at this moment in time we do look somewhat unprepared for the season to start in 3 days. The 4/1 available on Stanley looks very tempting to me.
We are only a couple of players from being able to challenge for the PlayOffs in my opinion, and I hope that gets sorted ASAP - but until it does there are some misgivings in my mind about the coming season. We definitely look a little undercooked at present.

Unless we get a couple of midfielders in before Saturday I think we will struggle, although I still think we could scrape a 1-0 win without them if Cresswell/ Hurst ect are fit.

Midfield is too weak but I think defence is ok and attack decent if all players are fit I say 3-1 Southend

I think we are gonna win the league every season, I always think we are gonna win every week, for me it's pointless to go and sit in my seat and think 'Nah, not today, no three points today and no promotion this year'. Otherwise what's the point? It's all about hope and belief at this level.

BELIEVE!

I was chatting the other day to a Shamrock Rovers fan who is a big fan of Accrington's new loanee striker Karl Sheppard. With how shaky our defence has looked lately I'm slightly worried about him.

Full of confidence or just absolute blind optimism? They'll probably be in bottom 3 after the first six games and be all gloom and doom and calling for thre manager's head on a plate.

The joys of a football messaging board.

I think we are gonna win the league every season, I always think we are gonna win every week, for me it's pointless to go and sit in my seat and think 'Nah, not today, no three points today and no promotion this year'. Otherwise what's the point? It's all about hope and belief at this level.

BELIEVE!

I used to think like that too but i have become more level headed over the years. It makes it even the more sweeter when we do get a result against a team i dont think we'll do well against.

Just for the record, i think we'll win 2-0 Sat. Eastwood with both :-)

perhaps accrington fans confidence is based on having a smart-looking team photo:smiles:

I used to think like that too but i have become more level headed over the years. It makes it even the more sweeter when we do get a result against a team i dont think we'll do well against.

Just for the record, i think we'll win 2-0 Sat. Eastwood with both :-)

Ahh but the thing is, I am very level headed I just choose to ignore reality!

Costs nowt to have confidence in ones team!! And after all we always upset the bookies,every year we're odds on fav to do the drop:'( hell we were 100/1 to get promoted not now though down to 16/1 and might be even shorter odds at the mo.Every fan no matter who they support has high asperations and thats what it should be like no use going in to a new season all doom and gloom.. So heres to a good season who ever you follow:happy:and don't get upset when the mighty stanley win today its only a game :winking:

Last edited:
Back