• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

THE ASHES

Anyone else feel they come around a bit to frequent nowadays?
Regardless, when it’s good it’s pure theatre and this summer could be a close one.
England off the back of the World Cup will be full of beans but the same dilemma remains, who opens and who comes in at three?
Jason Roy appears to be the latest hope but we’ll have to see how his technique holds up against Starc and Co on a moving pitch. Bowling isn’t so straight forward this year either. Anderson and Broad play if fit, Stokes plays but then you look for a fourth seamer.
Anyone from Wood, Curran, Woakes and now Archer. Do we stick with Moeen as spin option, his record in England is good, or do we go with more control with Jack Leach or even gamble with a attacking Rashid?
Plenty to ponder and I haven’t even mentioned who should take the gloves!

Anyone else feel they come around a bit to frequent nowadays?
Regardless, when it’s good it’s pure theatre and this summer could be a close one.
England off the back of the World Cup will be full of beans but the same dilemma remains, who opens and who comes in at three?
Jason Roy appears to be the latest hope but we’ll have to see how his technique holds up against Starc and Co on a moving pitch. Bowling isn’t so straight forward this year either. Anderson and Broad play if fit, Stokes plays but then you look for a fourth seamer.
Anyone from Wood, Curran, Woakes and now Archer. Do we stick with Moeen as spin option, his record in England is good, or do we go with more control with Jack Leach or even gamble with a attacking Rashid?
Plenty to ponder and I haven’t even mentioned who should take the gloves!
Does Broad really play if fit? I think he'll probably start the first test but if he doesn't offer much then he'll be dropped.

Over 400 wickets says otherwise. No player should be undroppable but I’d be astonished if he was discarded.
More likely to lose Anderson through injury.
Like you say, no player should be undroppable. If Broad gets off to a slow/bad start, then no reason why we don't look to change it up with so many options available to us.

Wood out until fourth test at least. Archer out until second test and Anderson struggling with calf strain.
This leaves Broad and Woakes, Stokes and Curran and I’m not sure how many overs Stokes has in him.
Porter may have a outside chance of a call up.

Wood out until fourth test at least. Archer out until second test and Anderson struggling with calf strain.
This leaves Broad and Woakes, Stokes and Curran and I’m not sure how many overs Stokes has in him.
Porter may have a outside chance of a call up.

Gregory seems to be ahead of him in the pecking order but as it's all T20 at the moment that's not yet to Essex's advantage. No doubt Gregory's lack of pace will be shown up and which time Porter will get the call - just as the Championship resumes:Sad:

Rather ironic that Tim Murtagh who did the early damage with his five wicket haul was born in Lambeth and represented England in the under 19 World Cup.

Too much white ball cricket, need to learn to adjust to a longer game. Could be a long summer.

Back