• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

hexagon_sun

Manager
Have to say, I was very sceptical about this when I first heard about it - The Beatles back catalogue being re-arranged for a new Cirque de Soleil show being staged in Las Vegas. Then I heard that George Martin and his son Giles were overseeing the project personally using the original master tapes and that it was all being done with Apple's consent. Though still worried, I became more intrigued at that point. Now, having just listened through to the album for the first time I have to say, it's absolutely stunning. One big Beatles mash-up; a joyous trip through the entire back catalogue plus many un-released outtakes too, all done so well (and with so much genuine love) that it's totally irresistable and all of my doubts went straight out of the window before the end of track one. Also, it sounds incredible and offers a tantalizing glimpse of just how phenomenal the albums will sound once EMI/Apple get their fingers out and remaster them in the manner they so richly deserve.

No doubt some sections of the music press will offer predictably cynical, scathing reviews of this, but just like anyone who doesn't like The Beatles - they're simply wrong. Die-hard Beatles fans need this album. I'd also recommend it highly to casual fans - this will probably become your most played Beatles album. I'd even suggest anyone who's never owned a Beatles album before should start with this one.

Now excuse me while I go pick my jaw up from the floor and hit 'repeat'...

Just got a copy.

Initially i was sceptical but actually after a listen its quiet refreshing to a point. I particularly like Octopus's Garden and Lady Madonna but not keen on Strawberry Fields.

Although i would of liked to of listened to a John Leckie and Paul Oakenfield produced version instead!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ulysses @ Nov. 21 2006,13:29)]

Although i would of liked to of listened to a John Leckie and Paul Oakenfield produced version instead!
Heresy!

Gary Clail and the on U sound system on the over hand.....

To be honest I'm blown away by it. I always felt cheated buying "Remastered" albums or collections of "Best of" etc. that isn't that type of album.What Martin has done has created, a perfect album. Not polished or enhanced.... perfect.
If you took the originals of all the songs used on this album and made your own compilation, they wouldn't work well, it'd be a boring collection of great tunes.
This album is just.... perfect.

You can keep your Dalai Lamas and Jesus at "who to have round for tea" I want Martin in my home studio for an hour.

Beg, Borrow, Steal, Torrent or buy it from the Russian mafia?

I reccomend you get the CD, on a good sound system it sounds awesome ! if there's one legal thing to buy, it's this.

Back