• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The beauty of the FA Cup...

Final Score:

Barnsley 1 - Chelsea 0

"Jamal Campbell-Ryce and Odejayi were a threat throughout and made a mockery of Chelsea's experienced international's at times." Extract from the match report.

How far can Barnsley go?

Match Report

Last edited:
could possibally win it?

JCR tricked 3 chelsea players at one point.

What a fantastic day. Finally, a team outside the 'Big Four' is going to win the FA Cup - first time since 1995.

Looking at the teams left in it, I think WBA are the most recent winners, having lifted the trophy in the late 1960s.

Great stuff.

I'm glad as a Liverpool fan that they turned Chelsea over aswell, great that Man Yoo went out too. I just hope Middlesbrough don't go onto win it now!

I'm glad as a Liverpool fan that they turned Chelsea over aswell, great that Man Yoo went out too. I just hope Middlesbrough don't go onto win it now!

I don't mind who wins it now. One of my best mates is a Barnsley fan (couldn't get a ticket yesterday though, so now he knows how I felt missing out on the Man Utd game!) so I'd be delighted for him if the Tykes won.

I'd be more than happy for Boro to win it. A thoroughly decent chairman, a promising manager in Southgate and a good youth policy that brings a lot of young English players through. Rubbish fans though!

I don't mind who wins it now. One of my best mates is a Barnsley fan (couldn't get a ticket yesterday though, so now he knows how I felt missing out on the Man Utd game!) so I'd be delighted for him if the Tykes won.

I'd be more than happy for Boro to win it. A thoroughly decent chairman, a promising manager in Southgate and a good youth policy that brings a lot of young English players through. Rubbish fans though!

I agree with you but there's just something about Middlesbrough I dont like, probably the fact they always seem to beat Liverpool!

Anyway it would be great if Barnsley or West Brom won it, one in the eye for the Premier$hite!

This year will be the first time the cup has been won by an English (or Welsh) manager in over a decade.

So Cardiff beat Boro then, I don't ever remember a cup that was so wide open. Any one of those left could quite easily cause a massive upset in winning the final. It'd be great to see a "little" club win for once.

Has there ever been (at least in recent times) a time where only one of the last 4 come from outside the top flight?

Cricko?

And potentially, one of the teams in Europe next season will be a Championship team or lower...

Has there ever been (at least in recent times) a time where only one of the last 4 come from outside the top flight?

Cricko?

I've been thinking about this. The 1987 semi-final line-up was hardly glamorous - Spurs, Coventry, Watford and Leeds - but three of those were at least in the top flight.

In 1992 there were two non top flight teams - Sunderland and Portsmouth - with Liverpool and Norwich making up the rest of the line up.

Apparenty its been 100 hundred years since there was only one to-flight team in the semi's. It was mentioned during the Arsenal game.

Almost another shock North of the Border.....spawny *****ing Celtic!!!

Apparenty its been 100 hundred years since there was only one to-flight team in the semi's. It was mentioned during the Arsenal game.

Been a funny FA Cup: No draws in the 4th (I think) round...first time for 50yrs.

I blame Global Warming.

Back