• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

By actually giving people a united outlet to convey how fed up they are with being fobbed off with the ramblings of a delusional egotistical muppet.

But the new manager shouldn't be that outlet and nor should any new players he brings in. That is just going to make matters 10 times worse.

That RM has been lying to us?
That the club is in decline?
That we only have 9 players?
That we are in L2?

i find it rather endearing, fbm, that you continue to give that **** the benefit of the doubt, when you have provided just a few examples of many as to why nobody should believe a single word of what he says

as one of the more respected members of this site, i can't help but feel that you need to re-assess your clearly misjudged opinion of Ron **** Martin

Surely that's the point - we support the team on the pitch and we make like interesting for RM off the pitch. While we are still in business (only just admittedly) as a football club shouldn't we be behind the team who turn out in a blue (or claret!) shirt on a Saturday afternoon? There's plenty of time before and after each game to get on Ron's back about getting the hell out isn't there??

But the new manager shouldn't be that outlet and nor should any new players he brings in. That is just going to make matters 10 times worse.

Exactly.

Christ this board is turning into more of a circus than the club.

I'm never going to stop supporting the club, but I can't just sit by and watch what is happening. IF we start the season I will be there supporting the team (and the manager whoever that may be) but I don't think Ron is the man to take us forward anymore he is living in cloud cuckoo land.

Last season we were all "can't protest during the game", "got to suuport the players", well **** that. Yes, I am going to support the new manager, and I will of course support the kindergarten on the pitch, but if I hear one more person on here say we shouldn't protest against RM during games then I will scream.

The man does not have a clue how we all feel, and the best way for him to understand is when there are 7000 of us all in one place.

very good reasoned post asa ever FBM, I only heard about this a couple of hours ago but already I have gone from being very angry about it, to 'lets see what tomorrow brings, Im still going to the hall tonite though because I would still love ron to do one but im actually excited about the new man (although that could turn to disgust quite quickly) an emotional day all round, on the new man, lets not hate him just cos he not tilly

Last season we were all "can't protest during the game", "got to suuport the players", well **** that. Yes, I am going to support the new manager, and I will of course support the kindergarten on the pitch, but if I hear one more person on here say we shouldn't protest against RM during games then I will scream.

The man does not have a clue how we all feel, and the best way for him to understand is when there are 7000 of us all in one place.

this is good

I'd like to know why some people on here STILL just want to sit back and watch one person ruin our club and STILL don't think he should be given a hard time for what he's done to it! How much worse do things need to get?! Even if we go into liquidation, some people will want Ron Martin to be chairman of AFC Southend!

There is something that can happen. Sainsbury's could switch allegiances, stop bankrolling Ron Martin, bring about a change of ownership. They could get their supermarket and be popular in the community. Fans can help that happen if they want to. But it seems that some people on here still think Ron Martin is good for the club and we should keep with him. Fair enough. We're all entitled to our opinions. I just don't get it.

I agree with one thing - irrespective of what many of us feel for SUFC, we should give the team our support. To do otherwise would be counter-productive if we're genuine supporters. The trouble is: I'm talking hypothetically. I can't see us starting the season so the team (or whatever's left of it) may not need our support anymore!!

i know the world is a wicked place and sometimes the bad guys win - but there comes acertain point when things like decency honesty loyalty
are worth standing up for......

what RM did last season was a calculated taking apart of SUFC for his own benefit and I am sure he is today enjoying taking out Tilson -

ce la vie - its the way of the world ... but I won't forgive and forget and pretend that it doesn't matter - why should I - RM can do what he wants so I can I -

going to buy my east stand ticket and give it loads of "theres only one steven tilson" - going to get your goons to throw me out ????

i find it rather endearing, fbm, that you continue to give that **** the benefit of the doubt, when you have provided just a few examples of many as to why nobody should believe a single word of what he says

as one of the more respected members of this site, i can't help but feel that you need to re-assess your clearly misjudged opinion of Ron **** Martin

My opinion about Ron Martin is actually nothing to do with it and probably not a lot different to anyone on here. What I choose to do about it is where I differ from people I think. My initial post was aimed mainly at those who made it clear that the new manager would not be welcome. I cannot see that massive protest action and giving the new manager a hard time will be at all helpful.

I'd like to know why some people on here STILL just want to sit back and watch one person ruin our club and STILL don't think he should be given a hard time for what he's done to it! How much worse do things need to get?! Even if we go into liquidation, some people will want Ron Martin to be chairman of AFC Southend!

There is something that can happen. Sainsbury's could switch allegiances, stop bankrolling Ron Martin, bring about a change of ownership. They could get their supermarket and be popular in the community. Fans can help that happen if they want to. But it seems that some people on here still think Ron Martin is good for the club and we should keep with him. Fair enough. We're all entitled to our opinions. I just don't get it.

I agree with one thing - irrespective of what many of us feel for SUFC, we should give the team our support. To do otherwise would be counter-productive if we're genuine supporters. The trouble is: I'm talking hypothetically. I can't see us starting the season so the team (or whatever's left of it) may not need our support anymore!!

I understand from another thread that 'The Blue Knights' will have something to say tomorrow? :unsure:

I think it could get very interesting if Councillor Holdcroft et al refuse to play ball with Teflon Ron now. :cool:

OK, the shock to remove Tilly as our manager was felt as much by me as by anybody on here. I suppose the quantity of messages on here in support of Tilly was to be expected, as is the anti-Ron stuff. I honestly didn't think he would actually get rid of Tilson unless we had an appalling start to the season.

So we could demonstrate and really do our best to bring everything crashing down around our ears.

Or, we could actually view this as the beginning of a new era. If Rons blog is to be believed, we will have started building the stadium sooner rather than later. Much to our disgust and disappointment, the old favourite players have gone and we all have sympathy I'm sure for the way they were treated.

But nonetheless they have gone, and whoever comes in (after all, it isn't their fault) will have a clean slate and a fresh start with totally new players who haven't gone through the bad last 12 months.

And bad it has been. As bad as any time in this clubs history in certain ways.

But we can't change that, we can't re-instate Tilly, we can't stop the players going and we can't get rid of Ron Martin. We can make things uncomfortable, but we can't physically get rid.

But what we can do - and this is very much our choice - is to actually view this as the beginning of a new era and get behind the new manager (whoever it is) so that we can get the best results that we can on the pitch.

I'm not saying forgive and forget, but if we're not careful we will be actively driving the nails in our clubs coffin if fans allow their obvious hatred and contempt for RM cloud their views and we actually end up NOT supporting our SUFC.

With the stadium still in the offing, the promise of wages NOT being an issue this season, the apparent backing of Sainsburys in the short term there is a chance that any new manager can propel us up the league and away from the dreaded drop to the Conference.

We have to view this as the start of something new rather than dwell on the problems that brought the club to the level it is now.

Thanks Tilly for all the good times. Mr Southend, his place in the clubs is guaranteed. I will bank on the fact that he will be back one day in one capacity or another.

Good luck whoever the new man is. You'll need it - but you'll have my support in trying to do a very, very difficult job.

just saw you have your location as the press box ?

journalist ???

well explains the lack of any backbone or moral fibre ?

I haven't read anywhere of anyone sitting back and watch one person ruin our club, as you so dramatically put it. All a few people are calling for is a bit of thoughtful protestation and not knee jerk reaction, particularly as far as the new manager is concerned.

just saw you have your location as the press box ?

journalist ???

well explains the lack of any backbone or moral fibre ?

Ah yes, well worked out, clearly using the same powers of deduction that has seen you claim that RM has been dismantling our club with ruthless efficiency for the last two years. After all, after what's happened that must be right, mustn't it.

And it might be.

But then it's very difficult to actually make a judgement until you have all the facts.

And I sit in the RBS family stand and am not a journalist. The "Press Box" comment was just a light hearted reference to the fact that I used to write the match reports for the Zone home page.

Sometimes it isn't all as it seems...

Ah yes, well worked out, clearly using the same powers of deduction that has seen you claim that RM has been dismantling our club with ruthless efficiency for the last two years. A

No but's it clearly incompetence!

Back