• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I must admit FBM you are one of the most optimistic people I know....if you dug 15 miles into the seabed and did not strike oil you would say keep digging.

To me this is a very sad day...the icing on the cake to the personal destruction and break up of our club...new beginning maybe but the damage which RM in charge has caused is done...he will now always be looked upon by most as the man that tore the heart out of our club for his own personal gain. The only thing that is keeping him afloat is the fact Sainsbury's are in to deep. His treatment of nearly everybody that made up SUFC from staff/players and fans has been one of total disrespect and egotistical mania.We maybe have been on a downward spiral these past few years and TBH that didn't bother me that much , I have seen it so many times before...but this man is no Fan..he is cowardly,immoral and darn right slippery.

I apologise for smearing you wrongly with the conclusion about being a journalist and all that but sometimes things are just wrong ....

and you mention ..

"deduction that has seen you claim that RM has been dismantling our club with ruthless efficiency for the last two years"

well his destructive behaviour has been transparent since jan 2010 - since sept 2009 we have a random loanees -

gillingham away in the FA cup ..... not eleven fit professionals - hes done his work and his prize was always going to be Tilsons head -

a very big day for RM - hes more in control of SUFC than he has ever been before

The good thing for me is taht I dont need to open my eyes to realise you are a ****, and as for all this fans arguing with fans bollox good, bring it on, you sit back and let everything fall around you we'll carry on like men you big coward and if you take offence of what I see I couldnt give a feck any of you I have won and lost to many time to worry about upsetting people like I said BRING IT ON, YOU MARTIN LOVERS X

Fbm, you are one of the most reasonable and reflective posters on this forum but on this issue, I'm afraid, I do not agree.

Being optimistic for a new era is a noble ambition but I do not think this is a new era. I don't think that financing has been arranged, nor do I believe that a new management structure has been found that will improve on what we had. RM has been building up to dismissing ST for months. He seems to genuinely believe that ST was responsible for relegation last year and that failing to pay the players had no impact. I suspect that ST has had enough but wasn't prepared to resign. It isn't difficult to imagine a bust up between the two whereby ST asked about budgets/players only to be told that what he had was adequate to win promotion and relegation was his fault. I suspect ST went some time last week.

Announcing it on a sunday afternoon looks like burying bad news. If someone else had been lined up then it would have been done weeks ago. Who would come in to the club with two winding up orders and 10 pros on the books? They would have had to have a number of assurances. Even if they have, would they be worth anything? We know that RM owes the trust but isn't worried about paying it back.

What I suspect will happen tomorrow is an announcement about the financing and stadium, no doubt with powerpoint slides and computer impressions - building will start next month...oh by the way...Ricky Duncan is the new manager.

The situation as I see it is a chairman who has invested everything (admittedly not much) in the development of the new ground. As it becomes increasingly unlikely he has become ever more desperate and intolerant of questioning. We have reached the stage where he issues statements from his bunker and dismisses all those who question his ability to deliver. Nothing is his fault and insolence will not be tolerated.

SUFC is in the grips of a downward spiral wih the ground fast approaching. I may be wrong and perhaps Paul Sturrock will be unveiled as the new manager, but I just can't see it. I have nothing against Ricky Duncan, by all accounts he has done a good job with the youth team, but his appointment as manager will not mark the dawn of a new era.

What to do about it? RM won't sell and he won't allow administration. This club is now at the mercy of Sainsburys. They can choose to save us and build the new ground, in which case we live and RM exits stage right with what he wanted. The alternative is they choose not to save us and we go under. We will know their choice in just a couple of weeks.

Anger and rage hasn't set in yet.

What has set in is the choice between bending over and taking it, or taking positive action towards the only viable alternative.

I respect that you would rather make yourself feel happy about the situation. I'd rather take positive action.

What he said.

Fbm, you are one of the most reasonable and reflective posters on this forum but on this issue, I'm afraid, I do not agree.

Being optimistic for a new era is a noble ambition but I do not think this is a new era. I don't think that financing has been arranged, nor do I believe that a new management structure has been found that will improve on what we had. RM has been building up to dismissing ST for months. He seems to genuinely believe that ST was responsible for relegation last year and that failing to pay the players had no impact. I suspect that ST has had enough but wasn't prepared to resign. It isn't difficult to imagine a bust up between the two whereby ST asked about budgets/players only to be told that what he had was adequate to win promotion and relegation was his fault. I suspect ST went some time last week.

Announcing it on a sunday afternoon looks like burying bad news. If someone else had been lined up then it would have been done weeks ago. Who would come in to the club with two winding up orders and 10 pros on the books? They would have had to have a number of assurances. Even if they have, would they be worth anything? We know that RM owes the trust but isn't worried about paying it back.

What I suspect will happen tomorrow is an announcement about the financing and stadium, no doubt with powerpoint slides and computer impressions - building will start next month...oh by the way...Ricky Duncan is the new manager.

The situation as I see it is a chairman who has invested everything (admittedly not much) in the development of the new ground. As it becomes increasingly unlikely he has become ever more desperate and intolerant of questioning. We have reached the stage where he issues statements from his bunker and dismisses all those who question his ability to deliver. Nothing is his fault and insolence will not be tolerated.

SUFC is in the grips of a downward spiral wih the ground fast approaching. I may be wrong and perhaps Paul Sturrock will be unveiled as the new manager, but I just can't see it. I have nothing against Ricky Duncan, by all accounts he has done a good job with the youth team, but his appointment as manager will not mark the dawn of a new era.

What to do about it? RM won't sell and he won't allow administration. This club is now at the mercy of Sainsburys. They can choose to save us and build the new ground, in which case we live and RM exits stage right with what he wanted. The alternative is they choose not to save us and we go under. We will know their choice in just a couple of weeks.

Ok... read my opening post again. I don't think it's particularly optimistic, but more realistic and was aimed at the several posts I'd read about the new manager not being welcome (as if it's his fault).

It's all well and good to get hot under the collar, I've just heard from a mate that there is a huge demo going on outside Ron's house at the moment and if it gets made uncomfortable for him (which I also refer to in my post) then who knows what effect that may have? But I'll wager a guess that he'll just use the law to protect himself, he owns the club, is probably legally untouchable and as he has 2 or 3 offshore companies according to the Echo that's where any wealth is salted.

So, is this demo action going to have any effect? Probably not. I've encountered property developers before, they're all "sharp" at best and with hides thicker than a rhino.

So what I can realistically do is throw my support behind the team and if we can all be united in this (admittedly difficult on a day like today when tempers run high) then in time, maybe we will look back on this day as the beginning of a new era. Who knows?

However, if we do not get behind the team, it will simply sink, of that we can be certain. That's the point. I didn't expect too many people to agree, but you always need the counter view.

FBM, you are a very reasoned and sensible poster and I want to buy into everything you say. I shared many of you sentiments up until a month ago but cannot retain any sense of optimism about the club at the moment. The main reason for that is tangibility and factual information, in that everything in the last few weeks that ticks these boxes has been negative (winding-up orders, threadbare squad, the embargo). I am sick of conjecture and the promises made by the chairman, and today's news (which is obviously very emotive given that Tilson is certainly one of the most successful managers in our history and the only manager our new generation of supporters has ever experienced) has stoked the fires further. I for one hope that you're correct and that the future is brighter/exists, but at present I can't share any optimism. The YTS boys and the total madman that takes this job will get my full support, but the board will not. Who knows, Ron might pull a rabbit out of the hat, but I think he's out of hats, yet alone rabbits...

Ah yes, well worked out, clearly using the same powers of deduction that has seen you claim that RM has been dismantling our club with ruthless efficiency for the last two years. After all, after what's happened that must be right, mustn't it.

And it might be.

But then it's very difficult to actually make a judgement until you have all the facts.

And I sit in the RBS family stand and am not a journalist. The "Press Box" comment was just a light hearted reference to the fact that I used to write the match reports for the Zone home page.

Sometimes it isn't all as it seems...

Bloody right,it seemed Martini cared for this club once,wrong it was his bank balance all the time.

Back