• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
OK, the shock to remove Tilly as our manager was felt as much by me as by anybody on here. I suppose the quantity of messages on here in support of Tilly was to be expected, as is the anti-Ron stuff. I honestly didn't think he would actually get rid of Tilson unless we had an appalling start to the season.

So we could demonstrate and really do our best to bring everything crashing down around our ears.

Or, we could actually view this as the beginning of a new era. If Rons blog is to be believed, we will have started building the stadium sooner rather than later. Much to our disgust and disappointment, the old favourite players have gone and we all have sympathy I'm sure for the way they were treated.

But nonetheless they have gone, and whoever comes in (after all, it isn't their fault) will have a clean slate and a fresh start with totally new players who haven't gone through the bad last 12 months.

And bad it has been. As bad as any time in this clubs history in certain ways.

But we can't change that, we can't re-instate Tilly, we can't stop the players going and we can't get rid of Ron Martin. We can make things uncomfortable, but we can't physically get rid.

But what we can do - and this is very much our choice - is to actually view this as the beginning of a new era and get behind the new manager (whoever it is) so that we can get the best results that we can on the pitch.

I'm not saying forgive and forget, but if we're not careful we will be actively driving the nails in our clubs coffin if fans allow their obvious hatred and contempt for RM cloud their views and we actually end up NOT supporting our SUFC.

With the stadium still in the offing, the promise of wages NOT being an issue this season, the apparent backing of Sainsburys in the short term there is a chance that any new manager can propel us up the league and away from the dreaded drop to the Conference.

We have to view this as the start of something new rather than dwell on the problems that brought the club to the level it is now.

Thanks Tilly for all the good times. Mr Southend, his place in the clubs is guaranteed. I will bank on the fact that he will be back one day in one capacity or another.

Good luck whoever the new man is. You'll need it - but you'll have my support in trying to do a very, very difficult job.

Last edited:
FFS, almost shocked at your response.

OK, the shock to remove Tilly as our manager was felt as much by me as by anybody on here. I suppose the quantity of messages on here in support of Tilly was to be expected, as is the anti-Ron stuff. I honestly didn't think he would actually get rid of Tilson unless we had an appalling start to the season.

So we could demonstrate and really do our best to bring everything crashing down our ears.

Or, we could actually view this as the beginning of a new era. If Rons blog is to be believed, we will have started building the stadium sooner rather than later. Much to our disgust and disappointment, the old favourite players have gone and we all have sympathy I'm sure for the ay they were treated.

But nonetheless they have gone, and whoever comes in (after all, it isn't their fault) will have a clean slate and a fresh start with totally new players who haven't gone through the bad last 12 months.

And bad it has been. As bad as any time in this clubs history in certain ways.

But we can't change that, we can't re-instate Tilly, we can't stop the players going and we can't get rid of Ron Martin. We can make things uncomfortable, but we can't physically get rid.

But what we can do - and this is very much our choice - is to actually view this as the beginning of a new era and get behind the new manager (whoever it is) so that we can get the best results that we can on the pitch.

I'm not saying forgive and forget, but if we're not careful we will be actively driving the nails in our clubs coffin if fans allow their obvious hatred and contempt for RM cloud their views and we actually end up NOT supporting our SUFC.

With the stadium still in the offing, the promise of wages NOT being an issue this season, the apparent backing of Sainsburys in the short term there is a chance that any new manager can propel us up the league and away from the dreaded drop to the Conference.

We have to view this as the start of something rather than dwell on the problems that brought the club to the level it is now.

Thanks Tilly for all the good times. Mr Southend, his place in the clubs is guaranteed. I will bank on the fact that he will be back one day in one capacity or another.

Good luck whoever the new man is. You'll need it - but you'll have my support in trying to do a very, very difficult job.
What is your opinion on Ron Martin lumbering the club with two managers wages instead of one for the next year?

I agree FBM, someone actually speaking sense on here... we're not going to get rid of anyone, not bring back people, so whats left for us to do? Support who the new guy is, and be fans of our club.

I prefer to concentrate my efforts on what I can actually control or do something about rather than bang my head against a brick wall. It's how I survive and cope with adversity in my personal life and it's what I've done for years. Try it. You'll find you achieve a hell of a lot more than wallowing in anger or self pity.

I prefer to concentrate my efforts on what I can actually control or do something about rather than bang my head against a brick wall. It's how I survive and cope with adversity in my personal life and it's what I've done for years. Try it. You'll find you achieve a hell of a lot more than wallowing in anger or self pity.
I agree entirely with your statement, and do that myself. You can either take control of a situation, or sit back and let it happen if it's outside of your control.

I'm doing what I can :)

This is why Martin is getting a cheap ride, do gooders!

tend to agree with FBM. Whoever is coming is not naive. Football is a very small world and he will come in with his eyes open. He will believe he can do a job. He will know we have no players and that there is fan unrest. Hope I won't be disappointed tomorrow. If it's Martin Allen I will scream BTW.

Usual deluded crap from Ron Martin (aka FBM)

Interesting comment against the red rep from you MC.

"Open your eyes"

And see what?

That RM has been lying to us?
That the club is in decline?
That we only have 9 players?
That we are in L2?

I know all these things.

And when I've seen them, I'm meant to do what?

I'd actually prefer to make myself feel better actually. But if you want to drive yourself round the bend with anger and rage, go ahead. It's your choice.

But I'd rather you didn't call my own personal belief deluded crap. What you believe is up to you. What we do is our choice.

So, I've opened my eyes, smelled the coffee... and decided how I will react. How you deal with it is up to you.

I feel very, very similar to you fbm.

At the end of the day, the death of our football club will be sped up if the fan base basically quit supporting the team. Whoever is in charge, whoever pulls on the shirt on the 7th August, we NEED to be there and we need to SUPPORT the team. Otherwise the club, as you put it, will come crashing down around our ears. Nobody, absolutely nobody, on here know what this year is going to bring. We might all be surprised, who knows. But we must get behind the team we all love, no matter who is running things, upstairs or on the pitch. The worst thing people could do is make the new mans time hell, just because he isn't Tilly.

"Open your eyes"

And see what?

That we are in L2?

I know all these things.

I'd actually prefer to make myself feel better actually. But if you want to drive yourself round the bend with anger and rage, go ahead. It's your choice.

But I'd rather you didn't call my own personal belief deluded crap. What you believe is up to you. What we do is our choice.

So, I've opened my eyes, smelled the coffee... and decided how I will react. How you deal with it is up to you.

Better change that avatar, your man has just sh it on him!

"Open your eyes"

And see what?

That we are in L2?

I know all these things.

Anger and rage hasn't set in yet.

What has set in is the choice between bending over and taking it, or taking positive action towards the only viable alternative.

I respect that you would rather make yourself feel happy about the situation. I'd rather take positive action.

Fair enough, so did I when I heard the news. A few months ago, today's events would have been met with loads of shouting, swearing & general anger in the direction of one Ronald Martin. However, after all that's gone on recently has now switched me off so much that, save for a few internet comments, I've not really bothered. Martin isn't going anywhere unfortunately, and until somebody can come up with a decent enough strategy to convince him to sell or Sainsburys to force his hand then there's nothing any of us on here (unless we perhaps win a £40m Euromillions jackpot) do.

Personally, now I think I've just about had it in terms of Southend United Football Club, that is until Martin, King & Scriven are removed from their posts.

I sort of agree with you FBM, but the stadium was suuposed to start early last year, then in the summer, then this spring, then June, then July, now its sometime in the next four months (if RM Blogland #3 is to be believed). I am not sure how long or how much more a lot of people can take from RM without getting angry and full of rage. Everyone has their breaking point, and for a lot, today was it.

Usual deluded crap from Ron Martin (aka FBM)

I'm confused, I thought I was Ron Martin?

Anyway, I agree with FBM. Given the turmoil the club has suffered this past year, this needs to be treated as a fresh start where the new manager, whoever he is, can come in with a fresh approach and ethos and, hopefully, remove some of the doom and gloom from the club.

If the fans continue to dwell on this and harbour a hostile atmosphere against the new man simply because he isn't Tilly, then we may as well just give up.

Back