• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stats

aka Ian Poulter
Yesterday I thought the writing was on the wall, or on the toilet pan. I'd woken up with a migrane, dodgy stomach and had a case of the 2 bob bits, it was my birthday (25yrs young) and to kop it all off I faced the prospect of watching my team be thrashed on national tele by the worlds biggest club.

Now being off work sick isnt the best, theres only so much you can do and only so many re-runs of SSN you can watch. Once again the sky cameras were out in force round the town talking to our fans most of which like me expected us to get a whipping after all if Hull had torn us apart what could Manure do?

I made the short walk down to Roots Hall with my Mrs in tow, now she doesnt normally come to football but when I said that I was going football on my birthday it almost caused WW3 so paying that extra £30 for a ticket was priceless in my book.

Once again SUFC had no programmes left, there goes a birthday souvenier, seriously if anyone has one spare or they wish to sell please pm me I'd be most grateful and would pay a good price.

Thinking beforehand Manure would put out a mixed team gave me a little bit of hope so when they ran out onto the pitch and I saw 10 internationals I must admit the stomach started to churn again.

Well onto the match, we actually looked up for it for once, we gave them very little room to work and reduced them pretty much all game to long range shots, poor old Ronaldo eh probably the biggest tart to grace roots hall. Rooney pretty much did nothing as did Alan Smith. The Manure backline held fairly firm although our beloved Freddy gave them quite a few problems.

Oh and that free kick, I personally thought when we got it, this is in Hammell range. Still I cant give a monkeys who put the ball in the net we were 1-nil up. The atmosphere was electric, singing from start to finish obviously gave the boys a lift, Tilly talks of that 12th man well last night he was there in force.

2nd half was pretty much backs to the wall as expected, Sir Alex changed his formation as they were chasing a game (Tilly take note) still nothing was gonna beat Prior and Sodje they were ammense. As for Flavs a string of top draw saves kept us infront.

The board went up for added time minutes, must of been the longest few minutes of my life, for what a scalp this could be. We managed to force the ball up their end, they pumped long balls at us but they went back, and then that final whistle, jeez could you believe what had just happened. That moment has to rank up there with Lincoln and Swansea, a major achievement for the club not so long after we looked like going out the league.

You get these results that are once in a lifetime and last night I believe was no exception I mean how many small clubs can boast to of knocked out the league leaders, cup holders and biggest club in the world, not many. And on my birthday, thats one to stick in a frame.

Lets say I slept like a baby lasy night although this morning I still feel like schite, I think about that result and its like an instant cure. Although when I dont think about it, I feel like I've got a 2nd heartbeat in my head

Onwards & Upwards eh

Stats
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bluesmanager @ Nov. 08 2006,09:51)]Get down to the Hall on Thursday, they're reprinting the programmes.
Will do, glad to see the club sorting that one out
smile.gif

Back