• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpers Trust News The Big Christmas Quiz 2020

Shrimperstrust

Supporting SUFC
The Shrimpers Trust are once again running a 'Big Quiz' this Christmas with a first prize of £150.

The theme for the quiz is 'Pop Song Titles' and the entry fee is £1.50.

As well as the £150 first prize you could also win Four Seats in the Blues' Centre Circle Lounge with Match Tickets* conditions apply, a Bottle of Champagne, a Signed SUFC shirt and a Box of sweets.

Copies of the quiz can be purchased using a Debit/Credit Card from the Trust Online Shop by clicking here (there will be a 50p surcharge for buying online to cover costs and postage).

All entries must be received by Saturday, 9th January 2021. Please note that only original answer forms are acceptable and that photocopies are invalid as entries to this quiz.

The Trust would once again like to thank MSPFX Foreign Currency Services for their sponsorship of the quiz and Southend United FC and Alan Perry for their donation of prizes.

Christmas Quiz 2020 - 300.jpg

*Bumpity bump*

Copies are now out in the public domain and there are a few little errors - apologies for that, I really should have got someone to check it as you go a bit word blind yourself!

Anyway, these are the errors:

Question 26 - the answer is 4,2,3,3 not 4,2,1,3

Question 34 - the answer is 10 letters long

Question 63 - the answer is 6,2,3,4 not 7,2,3,4

Question 84 - should reference Alf Garnett not Mitchell (mixing the actor with the character!)

Question 95 - the answer is 7,2,3,4 not 4,2,3,4

:Dunce:

*Bumpity bump*

Copies are now out in the public domain and there are a few little errors - apologies for that, I really should have got someone to check it as you go a bit word blind yourself!

Anyway, these are the errors:

Question 26 - the answer is 4,2,3,3 not 4,2,1,3

Question 34 - the answer is 10 letters long

Question 63 - the answer is 6,2,3,4 not 7,2,3,4

Question 84 - should reference Alf Garnett not Mitchell (mixing the actor with the character!)

Question 95 - the answer is 7,2,3,4 not 4,2,3,4

:Dunce:

OBL, would you be so good as to confirm the numbering for Qn 99 please?

I suspect I am just failing to see the right answer, but thought I should double-check before I drive myself mad ?

OBL, would you be so good as to confirm the numbering for Qn 99 please?

I suspect I am just failing to see the right answer, but thought I should double-check before I drive myself mad ?

Hi, no problem at all, this one is correct on the print out

500 pairs between dusk and dawn (3,5,3,1,8,4)

The full list of amendments are as follows, if anyone wants any clarification on any others, feel free to message or post here:

26 - Children’s toy will spring a surprise (4,2,3,3)

34 - Soap opera that first ran from 1964 – 1988 (10)

63 - Alpha Male of the group of wolves (6,2,3,4)

64 - Favourable quivering (4,10)

76 - An Eternal flame (5,2,1,5,4,5,4,3)

84 - Almost how TV’s Alf Garnett referred to his son in law (5,6,3)

88 - Night time visions don’t happen in reality (5,3,1,5,4,4)

94 - Tom Hanks, Johnny Depp or Meryl Streep? (5,4)

95 - Roses, dahlias etc experiencing precipitation (7,2,3,4)

Note to self - must do better next year!!!

Back