• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
How come we are so far and away a better team than last year?

Well, Eastwood and Gray are the obvious choice, but for me it's all about the defence.

We have got very mean in the goals against column. last year we had to score pretty much 3 goals in order to win a game. This year we are just as likely to win 1-0 and of course, if you don't concede you can't lose.

But, and this is a massive but, the REAL difference is that you have 3 players now in the squad - Griemink, Prior and Edwards, who have all tasted a promotion season and have all played at a higher level, and must be instilling self belief into this squad like there's no tomorrow.

These are unchartered waters for Yeovil, Swansea and Macclesfield, which is possibly why they are wobbling.

With the confidence at the back and the arrogance at the front, we are a match for anyone in this league.

We're gonna go up!

Blue army!

Where is your report from the Cambridge game Fbm? It's always a good read.

I hope your right, I really do...

Lets hope the boys use that experience and give us a great start to our weekend!!..

Sing your hearts out Friday night people!!.

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Mar. 29 2005,23:32)]Where is your report from the Cambridge game Fbm? It's always a good read.
Sadly I was away for Easter so couldn't get there <sob>

But, I plan, work permitting, to attend Bristol Rovers and Yeovil at home, plus the LDV final away, Oxford away and, if something depends on the result - Grimsby.

At the moment the Orient game is looking unlikely - but I'm working really hard on it. I don't want to miss anything!

What do you fancy then FBM in terms of the Blues last 6 games?

I'll go for:

Bristol Rovers - LOSE (manager of month curse)
Leyton Orient - Draw
Macclesfield - Win
Oxford - Win
Yeovil - LOSE
Grimsby - draw (to leave us stuck on 79 points)

Thing we will need 80 to go up so I am predicting heartbreak for the blues.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (lincoln shrimper @ Mar. 29 2005,23:53)]What do you fancy then FBM in terms of the Blues last 6 games?

I'll go for:

Bristol Rovers - LOSE (manager of month curse)
Leyton Orient - Draw
Macclesfield - Win
Oxford - Win
Yeovil - LOSE
Grimsby - draw (to leave us stuck on 79 points)

Thing we will need 80 to go up so I am predicting heartbreak for the blues.
Rovers - draw
Orient - win
Macclesfield - win
Oxford - win
Yeovil - win
Grimsby - lose (but we'll have won the title by then)

LDV - win

Interesting to see the Yeovil manager has said 81 points will be enough for a top 3 finish..

So that leaves us needing just 3 wins and a draw from here on in..

We CAN do this!!.

smile.gif

As long as we keep doing the business, I'm going to adopt Lincoln as my second team until the end of the season. Go the Imps!

Lincoln's run-in;

02 April 2005
Coca-Cola Football League Two
Notts County v Lincoln City, 15:00

09 April 2005
Lincoln City v Swansea, 15:00

16 April 2005
Lincoln City v Macclesfield, 15:00

23 April 2005
Northampton v Lincoln City, 15:00

30 April 2005
Lincoln City v Darlington, 15:00

07 May 2005
Yeovil v Lincoln City, 15:00

Although I'm sure we'll all be preparing for Cardiff on Saturday 9th April (or actually already in Cardiff!), but Lincoln are at home to Swansea that day. A victory for the Imps, coupled with a victory for us Friday, and I think we'll do it. I honestly think, away from our matches, that the Imps vs Swans match is the most important match of our league campaign.

wow.gif

oops.gif

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ Mar. 29 2005,23:19)]How come we are so far and away a better team than last year?

Well, Eastwood and Gray are the obvious choice, but for me it's all about the defence.

We have got very mean in the goals against column.  last year we had to score pretty much 3 goals in order to win a game.  This year we are just as likely to win 1-0 and of course, if you don't concede you can't lose.

But, and this is a massive but, the REAL difference is that you have 3 players now in the squad - Griemink, Prior and Edwards, who have all tasted a promotion season and have all played at a higher level, and must be instilling self belief into this squad like there's no tomorrow.

These are unchartered waters for Yeovil, Swansea and Macclesfield, which is possibly why they are wobbling.

With the confidence at the back and the arrogance at the front, we are a match for anyone in this league.

We're gonna go up!

Blue army!
Always helps when your the only team in the league not to lose 2 league games in a row... Turning our losses into draws. That's the key this season.

So many teams above us have been looking over their shoulders at our progress recently and falling off the ladder in the act of doing so, due to the sustained pressure we have been applying to each and every one of them.

Yeovil's result last night, is just another bonus and I hope we have a little competition left with our rivals before the end of the season, so that if we are crowned Champions, we can say we deserved it, we've earned it and we've beaten the best to do it!!!

Opposition managers are now starting to sit up and take notice of Southend United, rather than us being the forgotten side in times gone by... Similarly, many football review programmes are starting to get onto the Southend United band-wagon and why not!

Let's have a real party atmosphere on Friday night, which will get us nicely warmed up for the LDV final on Sunday week. I wouldn't bet against Southend doing the double [what are the bookies offering? anyone...].

HAVE FAITH... IT'S LOOKING GOOD SO FAR!
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

mmm. everyone seems to have forgotten southends remarkable ability for monumental f..k ups.. ill be there on friday night and i really hope southend get the win to go top, even if it is only for a few hours, but all this talk of titles and not wanting to stroll it... are you mad.. sneaking third on goal difference would be a massive result.. it was only a couple of weeks back when making the playoffs was everyones priority..
rock.gif

Nobody has forgotten the fact we usually f**k it up on the big occasion..

Everybody is just putting it to the back of their minds!.

We are made of stronger stuff now, they can do it!.

biggrin.gif

I've rejigged that Grimsby promotion run-in spreadsheet this morning & I think we'll finish joint 3rd with Swansea (so lets keep that GD up boys).

This is based on being particularly negative though & thinking that we'll only notch up another 7 points out of 18 (ridiculous I know if you take into account the past 8 games form of us and our rivals)

1) Yeovil
2) Scunthorpe
3) Southend, Swansea
5) Macc Town
6) Northampton
7) Lincoln

So, Lincoln in the playoffs if we fail to beat the Jacks on GD. Not a prospect I would relish.

Yeah, I did the promotion calculator with a negative look towards Macc, Yeovil and Grimsby with everyone else doing pretty well.

We missed out on automatics by 1

sad.gif

Back