• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BLUEBLOOD

Moderator of Moderators
As pointed out by the Ex Trust chap we have 3 big games next week, so if you had to pick a W D L for each what would it be and why

WIN ... Cheltenham, "League Twos a **** hole, i wanna go up, i wanna go uuuuup League Twos a etc etc" a morale boosting win against one of our current challengers
DRAW ... Swindon, followed by a cheeky win on penalties (they're my rules and i'll bend them how i see fit :raspberry:)

LOSE ... Oldham, whilst i'd love to break the unbeaten games record and draw Arsenal away in the next round we all know it'd be Barnsley away

WIN... Swindon - I feel a trip to Wembley coming on, Swindon is quite a long way away, we do well under the lights

DRAW... Cheltenham - A tough away fixture against a team on a fine run of league form

LOSE... Oldham - if the 2 Man City loanees - Scapuzi and Mancini - are eligible we may struggle

As pointed out by the Ex Trust chap we have 3 big games next week, so if you had to pick a W D L for each what would it be and why

WIN ... Cheltenham, "League Twos a **** hole, i wanna go up, i wanna go uuuuup League Twos a etc etc" a morale boosting win against one of our current challengers
DRAW ... Swindon, followed by a cheeky win on penalties (they're my rules and i'll bend them how i see fit :raspberry:)

LOSE ... Oldham, whilst i'd love to break the unbeaten games record and draw Arsenal away in the next round we all know it'd be Barnsley away

Whats wrong with that love going to Barnsley

Whats wrong with that love going to Barnsley

Too right, had a right old laugh a couple of years ago at that Tuesday nite replay. If i remember we started doing the conga in the massive away end and ended up being featured on SSN.

For me, although Promotion from this hell hole of a league is very important, it is only three points. I mean, we dropped two points saturday so if I had to choose, I reckon we could make up the three points over the next 20 odd games. Therefore:

WIN - Swindon Town match, that means we get one over that jumped up loud mouth Di Canio and most importantly, we would be a two legged area final away from Wembley. Imagine our beloved Blues at Wembley, what a day/weekend.

DRAW - Oldham Athletic match. Maybe a thriller of a match where we score late goal to force a reply. The next day is the FA Cup draw so we head to Boundary Park knowing our prize in a replay. Maybe a big money spinning tie!!!

LOSE - Cheltenham Town match. As I said, make the three points up over the rest of the season and the run has to end eventually.

WIN... Swindon - I feel a trip to Wembley coming on, Swindon is quite a long way away, we do well under the lights

DRAW... Cheltenham - A tough away fixture against a team on a fine run of league form

LOSE... Oldham - if the 2 Man City loanees - Scapuzi and Mancini - are eligible we may struggle

Christ, they've laoned the manager out :stunned:

WIN Oldham - a potential big tie awaits in the third round

DRAW Cheltenham - a decent return away from home to the team in 3rd

LOSE Swindon - a mickey mouse competition that doesn't even bother to publicise it's final sufficiently for me to put it in my diary before I book my holidays

Win - Oldham. Bring on The Arse for our full set of opponents.

Draw - Swindon. And then smash them in the penalty shoot out. **gets paint ready for the Yorkshire Blue, Where Are You??? flag that'll take pride of place at Wemberlee...

Lose - Chelts. As long as Crawley do as well, we can make them points up.

WIN - Cheltenham - Would take another 3 points in the league over everything else

LOSE - Oldham - no disgrace to lose to a team from the league above, can concentrate on the league then and hope that Crawley and the other contenders progress in the cup, pick up injuries and suspensions and take their eye off the league!

DRAW - Swindon - provided we then go to win on penalties and take another step towards Wembley!

WIN - Cheltenham - the League has to take priority, surely

DRAW - Oldham - then win the replay already knowing we've got a big tie waiting in the 3rd Round

LOSE - Swindon - see Yorkshire Blue

WIN - Cheltenham; the league is our bread and butter and we need to keep picking up points to maintain our momenteum and keep pressure on the chasing pack to do the same.

DRAW - Swindon; Our best chance of reaching Wembley this season and even though this competition does not have the financial clout as the FA Cup the chance to see our boys at the Wembley can not be turned down. Of course we will draw and then win 9-8 on penalties.

LOSE - Oldham; Sorry even the possibility of a glamour tie makes this the outsider. Lose here and most of our focus will be on the league which is where it should be. Even if we won like said before we will not get one of the big boys and I don't know about you but a visit to Barnsley on a cold January does not appeal to me.

WIN - Cheltenham; the league is our bread and butter and we need to keep picking up points to maintain our momenteum and keep pressure on the chasing pack to do the same.

DRAW - Swindon; Our best chance of reaching Wembley this season and even though this competition does not have the financial clout as the FA Cup the chance to see our boys at the Wembley can not be turned down. Of course we will draw and then win 9-8 on penalties.

LOSE - Oldham; Sorry even the possibility of a glamour tie makes this the outsider. Lose here and most of our focus will be on the league which is where it should be. Even if we won like said before we will not get one of the big boys and I don't know about you but a visit to Barnsley on a cold January does not appeal to me.

Oue best chance of reaching Wembley? Our only chance or are we going to an FA Cup Final? Dream on.

WIN Oldham DRAW Man u away please LOSE interest in the FA Cup after our visit to Old Trafford.

As for the other games, I'l tell you after Saturday. One game at a time please.

win - cheltenham - getting out of this league should be our priority

draw - swindon - then win on pens - still in with chance of day out at wembley for fans earning cash for club

lose - oldham - draw means another fixture we can do without and a win will probably mean drawing the last remaining non-league club away - we will be on TV but they will be supporting the plucky non-league underdogs

Back