• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
We have now starting nudging the business end of the season and the time has come to show what we are made of.

Next tuesday we welcome a very in form swindon town managed by ex wet spam pantomine villain di canio.

Its fair to say that what was once a 3 horse race between Crawley ourselves and cheltenham has now been extended to shrewsbury and swindon.

I think the time has come that we as supporters finally find our voice and really make roots hall a couldron of noise.

Its fair to say that the team have done there part throughout the season and we have not always shown them and the management the kind of support that we afforded previous management.

Its time to drag a friend or family member along to roots hall and really show the team that we are well and truely behind them.

If we dont start then i think we may find that all this seasons dominance coming to just a play-off place.

Lets try and get 8k through the gate and really for the first time this season roar the team on to a vital win.

I couldn't agree more. My Son and I moved seats from our previous location in the South lower. We are Season Ticket Holders now based in the West Stand but within the family allocation, but I must say, the atmosphere there is virtually zero to non existent. By and large, people are looking at their phones, complaining about particular players or waiting for the bar to open.

Now, as an OK qualified coach, I do agree that the football hasn't been great (good results, but not really enjoyable football (from a spectators prospective)), BUT the atmosphere is simply dreadful, and as such, I'm with Tommy on this.

We all have a responsibility to encourage others to the game, but equally, bring ourselves as "fans" against Swindon, and really get behind the lads.

Let us start the momentum as supporters, rather than wait for a moment from the players to ignite our potential interest.

Pretty or not, we are now at the sharp end of the season, so from here on in, let's us, the fans be our 12th man.

UTB

We are Season Ticket Holders now based in the West Stand but within the family allocation, but I must say, the atmosphere there is virtually zero to non existent

Now, as an OK qualified coach, I do agree that the football hasn't been great (good results, but not really enjoyable football (from a spectators prospective)), BUT the atmosphere is simply dreadful

Can only agree Nigel, you may have heard me and my rotund pal shrimptank TRY to generate some sort of atmosphere from the row in front of the tea bar but its just a waste of time really :sad:

Whilst I do entirely agree with the sentiment of the thread and the need for supporters to get behind the team and create a positive atmoshpere (Luggy's twelfth man) at Roots Hall, I am a little wary about 'the biggest game of the season so far'. It's another game with three points to fight for.........the same as the remaining games this season. Probably futile to say it but I don't like the idea of piling more importance and pressure on this one match which is likely to filter through to the players and make them even more nervy.

Ofcourse its another game but its also the chance to move away from a biggest rival as they have now taken that mantel in recent weeks.

I think the time has come that we as supporters finally find our voice and really make roots hall a couldron of noise.
Cant see that happening, unless we score a couple in a matter of minutes. Be surprised if Swindon bring a big following for 2 reasons. Firstly as its a evening ko, and secondly i'd imagine a lot of their fans will opt to go to Leicester on saturday, and use their weekly football money to see them in the FA cup.

Agree with this, but this time it needs to happen. Everyone should not hold back and just start chanting! Sing up. There's no doubt Swindon will bring a few, and to hopefully silence them and Paolo Di Canio; we as fans can only do our bit by singing our loudest and getting behind the team. They have a great squad, got a nervous feeling already and the games not till next Tuesday. But we have a good squad too, hopefully it will be a great game and the lads will be up for it, but lets not let them horrible 'silences' during the game happen, and fill a few more seats around and show up. 1st v 4th massive game.

UTB

I hope Shrewsbury are beaten at the weekend. For if they win it'll put them 2 points ahead of swindon. That might act as an extra spur to Swindon when they play us if the Shrews win.

Whilst I do entirely agree with the sentiment of the thread and the need for supporters to get behind the team and create a positive atmoshpere (Luggy's twelfth man) at Roots Hall, I am a little wary about 'the biggest game of the season so far'. It's another game with three points to fight for.........the same as the remaining games this season. Probably futile to say it but I don't like the idea of piling more importance and pressure on this one match which is likely to filter through to the players and make them even more nervy.

It is more important than a game against a midtable side.

If we lose Swindon get to the same points difference as us, if we win we put some distance between us.

Losing to Swindon will be worse than losing to Shrewsbury , we really need to draw at the very least to keep them at bay...

I dont see whats wrong with labeling it the the biggest game of the season so far. PS and the players will all know how important this game is. Swindon are blazing at the moment, I cant stand dicanio, and after his interview saying "they can send me off as much as they like Im still gonna win this league", I desperately want to win this one! And think we need at least a draw IMO.

I dont see whats wrong with labeling it the the biggest game of the season so far. PS and the players will all know how important this game is. Swindon are blazing at the moment, I cant stand dicanio, and after his interview saying "they can send me off as much as they like Im still gonna win this league", I desperately want to win this one! And think we need at least a draw IMO.

Yeah after seeing that clip of Di Canio I really want us to give them a pasting on Tuesday. That said I'd take a 1-0 scrappy win all day long.

This is one game we really need a Northampton like performance.

Can't stand Di Canio, he's almost overtaken Evans in the b***end charts.

I wish Swindon an EXTREMELY tough match at Leicester on Saturday. I think that the best for us would be that they gain a hard fought draw and then pull out a plum draw on Sunday........just to take their mind a bit off the league.

This is one game we really need a Northampton like performance.

Can't stand Di Canio, he's almost overtaken Evans in the b***end charts.
I doubt if anyone will overtake the fat git from Gatwick. However, DiCanio certainly is in second place.

Looks as if we shall be without JPK an Phillips for this game (and perhaps many more?). Echo says there is a fear that both could be long-term injuries :sad:, the former with a hamstring problem and the latter with a groin injury. That's not a re-ocurrence of what kept Phillips out for most of last season is it?............I hope not. It should also be added that, due to the injury of Kalala, PS stated he couldn't unfortunately bring on Sampson.

Back