• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I wish Swindon an EXTREMELY tough match at Leicester on Saturday. I think that the best for us would be that they gain a hard fought draw and then pull out a plum draw on Sunday........just to take their mind a bit off the league.

This!! Swindon are still fighting on 3 fronts so surely that will catch up with them eventually!

Di Canio is class.

He says it how it is. He is not afraid of the media and it's refreshing that he can speak his mind. I saw that he said something along the lines of it does not matter if he is sent to the stands 25 times, he has such a good team that they will win the league. Class. You have to buy into the Di Canio philosophy as a player or you will get left behind. From what I have read it sounds like he puts an extraordinary amount of work into studying the opposition and in my opinion deserves every success he gets.

I think it's likely he will get at least a 1 game ban from the touchline, although I don't know if this will be served in the FA Cup or against us..

think this game could be treated like a cup final with a very vocal crowd of at least 7,800 surely ?

di canio is good mileage.. you cant lump him in with the likes of the crawley **** or westly et al .. swindon should enjoy their time with him as he will be off to a desperate sleeping giant type club in the championship soon enough.. forest ipswich etc .. dont think a big prem club could handle his lunacy tho

Di Canio is class.

He says it how it is. He is not afraid of the media and it's refreshing that he can speak his mind. I saw that he said something along the lines of it does not matter if he is sent to the stands 25 times, he has such a good team that they will win the league. Class. You have to buy into the Di Canio philosophy as a player or you will get left behind. From what I have read it sounds like he puts an extraordinary amount of work into studying the opposition and in my opinion deserves every success he gets.

He's many things but classy is not one of them.

Just play that interview to our players before the game. Team talk done.

Swindon will not win this league.

Ourselves, Creepy, Morecambe and Shrewsbury have all hit a dip in form at some point in the season. Cheltenham may be having theirs now and Swindons will surely come (unless the fact that they didnt start well was their dip). What we need to do is to ensure that we dont drop stupid points like we did on Saturday and I am convinced that we will amke it across the line. In my view, Luggy decided to go for the impact substitutions of Bilel, Hall and Sampson on Saturday instead of simply playing the best team to start with! I think that is a lesson learned has he came unstuck with the injuries to Phillips and Koala! He must start Sampson and Hall next week and perhaps leave Bilel as the impact sub but if Phiilips is out long term we might have to play Bilel at CH. Unless of course, Luggy delves into the market again! We sould also be aware that Swindon are likley to expose Gilbert as our weak link again, so unless a replacement comes in, Luggy may be forced to cover the left back position!

Ourselves, Creepy, Morecambe and Shrewsbury have all hit a dip in form at some point in the season. Cheltenham may be having theirs now and Swindons will surely come (unless the fact that they didnt start well was their dip). What we need to do is to ensure that we dont drop stupid points like we did on Saturday and I am convinced that we will amke it across the line. In my view, Luggy decided to go for the impact substitutions of Bilel, Hall and Sampson on Saturday instead of simply playing the best team to start with! I think that is a lesson learned has he came unstuck with the injuries to Phillips and Koala! He must start Sampson and Hall next week and perhaps leave Bilel as the impact sub but if Phiilips is out long term we might have to play Bilel at CH. Unless of course, Luggy delves into the market again! We sould also be aware that Swindon are likley to expose Gilbert as our weak link again, so unless a replacement comes in, Luggy may be forced to cover the left back position!

Talking of that, what happened with Christian Dailly?

Just play that interview to our players before the game. Team talk done.

Swindon will not win this league.

3:40 The interviewer finally gets a word in and says, "Let's talk about the game itself!"

Now, that is class.

Back