• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Di Canio has had run ins with about 6 players this season and had to ship them all out. Works OK when you have one of the biggest budgets in the league, but give him a mid sized Championship side and he would have a mutiny or relegation.

I couldn't agree more. My Son and I moved seats from our previous location in the South lower. We are Season Ticket Holders now based in the West Stand but within the family allocation, but I must say, the atmosphere there is virtually zero to non existent. By and large, people are looking at their phones, complaining about particular players or waiting for the bar to open.

Now, as an OK qualified coach, I do agree that the football hasn't been great (good results, but not really enjoyable football (from a spectators prospective)), BUT the atmosphere is simply dreadful, and as such, I'm with Tommy on this.

We all have a responsibility to encourage others to the game, but equally, bring ourselves as "fans" against Swindon, and really get behind the lads.

Let us start the momentum as supporters, rather than wait for a moment from the players to ignite our potential interest.

Pretty or not, we are now at the sharp end of the season, so from here on in, let's us, the fans be our 12th man.

UTB
Move towards W Block then? how old is your son?

Move towards W Block then? how old is your son?
Too young to be let loose amongst you lot!

I think a few rousing choruses of ole, ole, ole, ole, Leon Clark, Clark, Clark might be in order. Got to wind di Canio up haven't we?

I think a lot of the teams fans have fallen into the trap of spending the game slating di'canio when we should spend a lot more time really getting behind the team and jeering swindons every touch.

Cant wait for this one. Anything less than 8k+ in attendance would show a serious lack of ambition at the club.

I think a lot of the teams fans have fallen into the trap of spending the game slating di'canio when we should spend a lot more time really getting behind the team and jeering swindons every touch.

Cant wait for this one. Anything less than 8k+ in attendance would show a serious lack of ambition at the club.

Its not exactly a lack of ambition by the club is it! Its a lack of ambition amongst the fans

I fear a heavy defeat if Phillips and JPK are missing, sorry just me being pessimistic. Feel Sampson has to start, especially if midget Mccormack plays at centre back. The positive is they are playing 3 days after an away trip in the FA cup and we will be fresh.

Forget Di Fascisto - any baiting of him, or of the Swindon players will fall into their hands. Ignore him, ignore them, and sing loud and proud for the players and manager that has got us to the summit of league 2.

I hope they draw a big Prem club in the next round of the FA Cup, but if we lose it ain't over! I'm still confident we're going up.

The players have said this season what a difference it makes when we get behind them.

I for one can't stand Di Canio but during the game I'll ignore his existence, I would hope everyone else to do the same and get behind the team 100%

Save the jeering until full time when hopefully we've just taken 3 points.

Where do you get all your stories from that Di Canio has the biggest budget in this league as that is absolute garbage.

The facts are Di Canio cleared out 17 players from last season plus we had the 2 million we got for Austin and Morrison.

THE FACT - All the players he has brought in this season have been FREE TRANSFERS apart from Rooney who we bought last week and we have paid a small fee for Foderingham the keeper but apart from that they have all been free.

We got a small fee from you lot for Timlin.

So where all this rubbish comes from he has a big budget is rubbish.

Also Di Canio didnt say we will walk the league - He said we will win the league a shade different i would say.

For a manager in his first season like him or not he is clever in his tactics and does alot of homework on opposing teams.

I see you lot have all got on the Di Canio hate band wagon and all fans in this league seem to follow like sheep.

Oxford fans were the same but there all now saying they wish they had him as manager.

As for our players that have left the club they have left as they didnt like his training regime and as Jamie Redknapp put inthe paper saturday when his Dad was manager of West Ham he got Geoff Hurst along to watch Di Canio train and now he is manager he has instilled his training methods on to this sqaud and the like of Clarke and Timlin etc didnt like it so that's why there out and i'd rather have that than the bunch of knobs we had playing for us last season who were getting ****ed every night and couldn't give a toss about the club.

The game against you lot os going to be tough as we have a game saturday at Leicester and you have a day off so the odds are probably stacked in your favour but i think we will go up automatically and you will as i think Cheltenham will die off.

Where do you get all your stories from that Di Canio has the biggest budget in this league as that is absolute garbage.

The facts are Di Canio cleared out 17 players from last season plus we had the 2 million we got for Austin and Morrison.

THE FACT - All the players he has brought in this season have been FREE TRANSFERS apart from Rooney who we bought last week and we have paid a small fee for Foderingham the keeper but apart from that they have all been free.

We got a small fee from you lot for Timlin.

So where all this rubbish comes from he has a big budget is rubbish.

Also Di Canio didnt say we will walk the league - He said we will win the league a shade different i would say.

For a manager in his first season like him or not he is clever in his tactics and does alot of homework on opposing teams.

I see you lot have all got on the Di Canio hate band wagon and all fans in this league seem to follow like sheep.

Oxford fans were the same but there all now saying they wish they had him as manager.

As for our players that have left the club they have left as they didnt like his training regime and as Jamie Redknapp put inthe paper saturday when his Dad was manager of West Ham he got Geoff Hurst along to watch Di Canio train and now he is manager he has instilled his training methods on to this sqaud and the like of Clarke and Timlin etc didnt like it so that's why there out and i'd rather have that than the bunch of knobs we had playing for us last season who were getting ****ed every night and couldn't give a toss about the club.

The game against you lot os going to be tough as we have a game saturday at Leicester and you have a day off so the odds are probably stacked in your favour but i think we will go up automatically and you will as i think Cheltenham will die off.

Roberto many of our fans have a dislike of PdC because of his scum ham connections, the fact he's proved himself a total tool has just added gloss to it .. oh and he said something like .. "they can send me to the stands every week we will still win this league, is easy"

Alan McCormack has been outstanding this season for us so alot depends on the managers they play for and i cant knock him for what he has done for us.

I understand you lot dont like Di Canio because of the west ham connection which is fair enough but he has said to the players they dont have to like him but do as he says and they will become better players and he will get us promoted.

Lets face it not all players nad managers get on and to me Di Canio has been a breath of fresh air to our club and this league.
For us Swindon fans we all like Sturrock as he did well for our club and got us promoted and Barry Corr was a cult hero for us as well but a pity he is injury prone as he is such a good player but will always be a bit part as he nearly ended up being paralysed because of his back.

Anyway i wish Southend well but the onlt reason i came on here was every fan of every club in this league think Di Canio has a big budget which is totally false.

The board of Swindon have said that they will run our club as a business to make a profit and we were the only tema in L1&L2 last season that made a profit. We have wealthy owners now at our club who have been there for about three years as weve had our financial problems in the past and they have stated they wont throw money at the club.
We have some big sponsors and our fa cup run and JPT run is bringing in more revenue and with the 2nd biggest gates in the league behind Bradford and with the most expensive tickets for a L2 game the club is sound.

If we dont go up no doubt the likes of Ritchie and probably Caddis will go but if we go up i think both willstay as Paolo is planning promotion 2 seasons on the trot.

Next Tuesday will be tough but if we can get a point or even better three then were on our way and people will start to look at us if we lose then it puts you in a firmer position but we have Shrewsbury Chelenham and Crawley to play at home yet and we havent conceded a goal at home for four months that not saying we wont but were pretty tough at home.

But good luck to Southend for the rest of the season apart from Tuesday night.

The board of Swindon have said that they will run our club as a business to make a profit and we were the only tema in L1&L2 last season that made a profit. We have wealthy owners now at our club who have been there for about three years as weve had our financial problems in the past and they have stated they wont throw money at the club.
We have some big sponsors and our fa cup run and JPT run is bringing in more revenue and with the 2nd biggest gates in the league behind Bradford and with the most expensive tickets for a L2 game the club is sound.

I think you've answered your own question. Where do you think the "rumour" of a big budget comes from. Don't forget budget isn't just on getting players in, it's about how much you can afford to pay them. Anyone can get people in for free because players are free agents once their contracts are up. But why do they choose to go to Swindon as opposed to a different club? Let's be honest, most players make that decision based on money.

Rooney has become Paolo Di Canio’s third signing of the New Year following the capture of Wes Foderingham and Paul Benson, agreeing a two-and-a-half year deal after completing a medical at the club yesterday.

The 21-year-old winger was Di Canio’s main transfer window target and now that he has signed, the Town boss will turn his attention to other areas of his team.

On the wishlist are a centre midfielder, striker and a centre-back and Wray has suggested that the club will strengthen other areas of the team before the month is out.

Wow , thats a pretty small budget !!! And as for the wages ....

Back