• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Swindon have only sold 200 in advance so maybe they won't have many more than 5/600 down whereas i'd expect double that really

So Di Canio compares the game to a Champions League Final, and Sturrock says it's "just another 3 points".

Playing it down, and kind of a sly dig too as we've won 16 games - routine win.

Nice work Luggy :thumbsup:

No Matt Ritchie tonight for Swindon, Can only be a good thing surely? Hoping for a 2-0 win tonight, Benyon and Timlin. Smiles all round!

Edit: Twitter nonsense, Ritchie in squad tonight

My line up would be.

Morris

Clohessy Barker Baldwin Gilbert

Hall Grant Timlin Martin

Sampson Dickinson​

That would be my team (excpet CB's swith sides :smile:), but I have a feeling Benyon will start ahead of Sampson.

No Matt Ritchie tonight for Swindon, Can only be a good thing surely? Hoping for a 2-0 win tonight, Benyon and Timlin. Smiles all round!

Really? Didn't know that. I just though it was Flint and Caddis that were out.

I'm going for a 1-1 with Sampson scoring. I will be very pleased with a point today, but I would prefer to beat these more than Crawl£y to be honest and 3 points would be fantastic!

2 hours exactly till kick off!

Hello Shrimpers, Swindon fan here.

Just a couple of points.....this is a massive game tonight and may the best team win, I do think we will both be there or there abouts at the end of the season.

Matt Ritchie is playing tonight, he has travelled and will be playing despite what some wags are saying so don't get your hopes up too much, he has been awesome lately.

Caddis and McCormack are far from the smallest defenders in this league! Caddis is 5 foot 7 and is a fullback anyway so his heaight is not hugely relevant and as you very well know Alan McCormack is 5 foot 11 and there are smaller defenders out there, thats a bit obvious.

McCormack has transferred to centre back like he belongs there and has played there all season, he was the best player on the pitch on Saturday marking Nugent out of the game.

We were not overly stretched at Leicester on Saturday, not enough to affect tonights fitness, and we are the fittest side in the league this season and get lots of late goals...again as I am sure most of your fans are aware, we play a very attacking passing game that even Leicester struggled with, and the game stats show that, the only minus point being that we dont score enough goals from the striker position, with a good striker we would have easily beaten Leicester. 12 shots against Leicesters 8 and 6 corners to Leicesters 4 and 10 fouls against compaired to 5 for us.

The FA Cup is behind us now so we can concentrait on getting to Wembley on Tuesday and going up this league.

It will be a tough game tonight for both our teams and probably wont be pretty to watch (I know it never was under Luggy when he was our boss....direct football with little on the ground)

There will be around 500-600 of us there tonight but we did only sell 250 before this morning.

Best of luck for the rest of the season after tonights game. Oh and I can fully understand why you guys arent keen on Paolo, we would be similar if you had an ex O*ford player as your manager, but he is good value for money and entertaining and does speak his mind.

Caddis and McCormack are far from the smallest defenders in this league! Caddis is 5 foot 7 and is a fullback anyway so his heaight is not hugely relevant and as you very well know Alan McCormack is 5 foot 11 and there are smaller defenders out there, thats a bit obvious.
Bollocks is he! I'm 5'9" and have photos to prove he's definitely no taller than me!

I see your point! :nope:

Just stuck a cheeky fiver on Michael Timlin to score 1st and Southend to win 1-0 at 80/1. Come on you Blues!

In normal cicumstances would want Southend to win (if only for Visiting_Shrimper) but we need to hang in there so a draw suits us best.

Woohoooooo. Went well indeed.

I have a great deal of respect for both Southend and Sturrock. I have nothing against them, but to be perfectly honest, I'm glad we demolished you, having read some of the comments on here before the match.

I understand why you don't like PDC, he may come across as an arsehole to most of you, and really, he is mental... But arrogant he is not, and Steve Evans he certainly is not.

He's italian...

He's passionate...

He's a legend...

He has worked wonders with the club, brought in only players who want to work for a place, who want to play football. He really has been brilliant for us, and it really doesn't matter to us what anyone says about him, he's a brilliant manager.

As I said before, I have respect for Southend. Thanks to the guys in here who were sticking up for Di Canio, it's nice to see some decency in our oppositions fans.

This is a minor set back for you guys, only goal difference, you will still go up! Keep it up! :) Good luck!!!

Well played townie, now please do the same to Creepy, Pox, Cheltenham et al thank you very much

We meanwhile will continue to tear ourselves apart OFF the pitch and que sera sera to what happens on it

Back