• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Birds this Winter.

Cricko

Winter is here & our native birds are finding food scarce. Please go to the pet shop & buy a bag of nuts for our feathered friends.

There is no finer sight on a winters morning than a pair of tits around your nut sack, just remember however its a bit early in the year to expect a swallow !!

Plenty of shags along the waterfront here - they don't seem to be short of fish though...

Tits have been very apparent in my garden, the nuts have gone down very well.

Actually you have brought up a very important subject as I for one enjoy watching the birds in my garden and regularly feed them. I find most birds in the winter like the grease balls.
I have a Mr & Mrs Robin in my garden and they love to eat broken up digestive biscuits

Me too Tinks, to be honest though there's an awful lot less around this winter than usual although I do see my robin regularly too. I have plenty of stuff out there for them, maybe they're keeping garden visits very brief in this weather. Can't wait for the warmer weather to see the tits out in full force!

Me too Tinks, to be honest though there's an awful lot less around this winter than usual although I do see my robin regularly too. I have plenty of stuff out there for them, maybe they're keeping garden visits very brief in this weather. Can't wait for the warmer weather to see the tits out in full force!

well that will keep their peckers up :)

Agree with you there.
I have a tit box in my garden which they nest in every year.

Still loads of bloody magpies everywhere though, little gits! Too superstitious to shoo them away, except when the babies are around then they get stuff thrown at them!

Not a fan of either the Magpies or seagulls - greedy things. Much prefer the smaller ones.
It can be very relaxing watching birds however, at the moment I have a great big bloody rat hanging around my garden so am reluctant to put out any food

Not a fan of either the Magpies or seagulls - greedy things. Much prefer the smaller ones.
It can be very relaxing watching birds however, at the moment I have a great big bloody rat hanging around my garden so am reluctant to put out any food

I know, I saw that the other day. It's cos you're putting the food out, you need to stop putting it on the floor and only hang it from trees or on bird tables - hate rats, evil, nasty things.

Back