• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Blue Boar & The Spread Eagle Pubs

On the other side of West Road from the Blue Boar is a corner shop that sells beer, against Sunderland there were numerous fans queuing for tins of beer and every doorway had fans drinking trying to avoid the rain!

On the other side of West Road from the Blue Boar is a corner shop that sells beer, against Sunderland there were numerous fans queuing for tins of beer and every doorway had fans drinking trying to avoid the rain!

Wow. It shouldn't be. It's licence stipulates that it can't sell booze before, during or after a game for a given period (an hour, I think). I live next door, and if I pop in for provisions on game day, the alcohol is "off limits".

Wow. It shouldn't be. It's licence stipulates that it can't sell booze before, during or after a game for a given period (an hour, I think). I live next door, and if I pop in for provisions on game day, the alcohol is "off limits".

It could have been more than an hour before kick-off, and it was a funny time for a kick-off, clearly the Sunderland fans were stocking up for the long haul.

I think you're talking about the corner shop Roots Hall Avenue. There was loads outside with beer, but I think they did buy it within the time allowed, and had stocked up. The shop even had a person in front of the alcohol saying they can't sell it when I went in there. Some Sunderland fans were arguing with the shop staff about it, but the shop workers wouldn't budge. So the shop did nothing wrong.

I swear I remember one game against Leeds years ago where the Golden Lion randomly opened and Leeds fans completely took over the pavement and come of Victoria Avenue having drinks.

a friend of mine had a interview a few years back to be commercial manager but never got the job ,he gave them some ideas which they stole of course

Update from Alan & Michelle the Landlord and Landlady of The Spread Eagle and The Blue Boar Facebook pages.

They are leaving The Spread Eagle (not The Blue Boar) and their last day at The Spread Eagle will be Sunday 21st July. To celebrate they will be doing £2.50 a pint on all draught, all day until the pub runs dry! Now extended so it is £2.50 any pint, large wine, single spirit and mixer or bottle of beer/ale/cider!

Then

Going back to the beginning! Alan & Michelle would now like to welcome all Southend United fans to The Blue Boar and especially on matchdays.​

67052074_2311514899102027_1266431786523557888_n.jpg

To get the new season underway, The Blue Boar starting Wednesday 24th July 7.30pm kick off with Happy Hour 3-7pm before the game.​

66620072_2311562209097296_1837419650980249600_n.jpg

Update from Alan & Michelle the Landlord and Landlady of The Spread Eagle and The Blue Boar Facebook pages.

They are leaving The Spread Eagle (not The Blue Boar) and their last day at The Spread Eagle will be Sunday 21st July. To celebrate they will be doing £2.50 a pint on all draught, all day until the pub runs dry! Now extended so it is £2.50 any pint, large wine, single spirit and mixer or bottle of beer/ale/cider!

Then

Going back to the beginning! Alan & Michelle would now like to welcome all Southend United fans to The Blue Boar and especially on matchdays.​

View attachment 8405

To get the new season underway, The Blue Boar starting Wednesday 24th July 7.30pm kick off with Happy Hour 3-7pm before the game.​

I said he had both pubs. This is going to get a bit crazy with away fans heading to the Blue Boar as usual, only to find Southend fans in there.

Then

View attachment 8405

Are they selling proper beer (ale) ? That’s nearly all fizz.

I swear I remember one game against Leeds years ago where the Golden Lion randomly opened and Leeds fans completely took over the pavement and come of Victoria Avenue having drinks.

I think the last time we played them in the League, the pub was still open.

That would have been the Friday night game in L1 I imagine.Sorry can't help with this one I was drinking in the Cricketers both pre-and post match.

Understand that both pubs will be for blues fans with BB accepting away fans for low key games.

Are they selling proper beer (ale) ? That’s nearly all fizz.

There is a possibility of at least one guest real ale being on or maybe one from a LocAle brewery. I do know the Blue Boar is not brewery tied so there is more chance of a better range of beer and not just fizz being served.

Back