• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Formality? Maybe. Time consuming? Yes. It would be easier to deal with him direct. I wonder how much of this is his intransigence, and how much is RM not having a clue how to deal with him...

So much time has passed since we made any original offer we could have had the CPO executed long long ago if we had been in a position to do so.

The fact we arent able to progress the rest of the project is what makes Mr Pizza's demands all rather minor.

Given the amount of debt, the various offshore companies passing funds between themselves, and the generally less than transparent way RM does business, I'd suggest he should fail the fit and proper test. My personal dream would be to see him sell, the new owners scrap the proposed move and invest in Roots hall. There's nothing wrong with the stadium we've got! I know it won't happen though....looks as if the club will continue to be run into the ground for personal greed until it finally enters administration or folds altogether. I do hope I'm wrong.

Given the amount of debt, the various offshore companies passing funds between themselves, and the generally less than transparent way RM does business, I'd suggest he should fail the fit and proper test. My personal dream would be to see him sell, the new owners scrap the proposed move and invest in Roots hall. There's nothing wrong with the stadium we've got! I know it won't happen though....looks as if the club will continue to be run into the ground for personal greed until it finally enters administration or folds altogether. I do hope I'm wrong.

This is the same stadium that causes us to lose money every month and require owners who are prepared to lose a fortune?

So much time has passed since we made any original offer we could have had the CPO executed long long ago if we had been in a position to do so.

The fact we arent able to progress the rest of the project is what makes Mr Pizza's demands all rather minor.

But a CPO (from what I understand) isn't a formality even if the council agree it. I believe it can be appealed, thus adding yet more time. However, If other stories are to be believed a CPO would give Pizza Man less than he has already been offered. If that is the case then I would issue it, and **** him off. The fact that they haven't suggests that these are just rumours...

But a CPO (from what I understand) isn't a formality even if the council agree it. I believe it can be appealed, thus adding yet more time. However, If other stories are to be believed a CPO would give Pizza Man less than he has already been offered. If that is the case then I would issue it, and **** him off. The fact that they haven't suggests that these are just rumours...

A CPO will take time, but thats not the hold up, if it was then the amount of time that has passed already would have been enough.

Its the other holdups (whatever they may be) that are the problem.

A CPO will take time, but thats not the hold up, if it was then the amount of time that has passed already would have been enough.

Its the other holdups (whatever they may be) that are the problem.

Maybe, but we are where we are. I believe we don't have an agreement with Pizza Man, and haven't even started the CPO process. If that is true, what is quicker, dealing with him direct, or issuing a CPO?

I doubt we need to. I would imagine that Sainbury's would pay that as and when the whole deal is agreed and processed.

I'm sure it's been said that those properties are the last piece of the jigsaw and everything else can be done around them, including the building work! I don't actually think they are in the way of the store build.

I'm sure it's been said that those properties are the last piece of the jigsaw and everything else can be done around them, including the building work! I don't actually think they are in the way of the store build.

Who said they were? We were talking about the finance. I believe the finance for buying the retail outlets will come from Sainsbury's when everything else is in place (including their purchase, and the council's agreement to the revised proposals), i.e. we don't have to stump up the cash...

I think Sales Appliances have a poster in their window showing their new premises on the London Road. So maybe things are moving on behind the scenes. Although nothing will happen until the council has its next meeting to discuss the S106 agreement. If that's approved this time then I think there will be a positive announcement re Roots Hall and Fossets Farm pretty soon after that.

The store is going to sit right on top of them so not sure how that would work?

The store is going to sit right on top of them so not sure how that would work?

Don't think it extends right to the edge there though, Prospects was the key property, knock that down and you have clear access to the ground they want to work on.

Don't think it extends right to the edge there though, Prospects was the key property, knock that down and you have clear access to the ground they want to work on.

From the plans/photos in the Echo a while back the whole front of Sainsburys will be down Vic Ave and round the corner into Fairfax Drive.

From the plans/photos in the Echo a while back the whole front of Sainsburys will be down Vic Ave and round the corner into Fairfax Drive.

Maybe it's just landscaping then? I don't know, just know I've been told it can largely go on behind the properties. Don't forget there's a massive amount of ground levelling to be done before anything can happen anyway.

Back