• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Blue Voice - Membership..

How much per annum would you be prepared to pay?

• Nothing (Please State Why?)

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • £0-£1

• £1-£2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • £2-£3

• £3-£4

• £4-£5

• £5-£6

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • £6-£7

• £7-£8

• £8-£9

• £9-£10

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • £10-£11

• £11-£12

• £12-£13

• £13+

• Total voters

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
Right guys, how much would you be willing to pay per annum to be part of The Blue Voice supporters group and help contribute towards huge flags, banners, card displays, streamers, ticker tape, confetti and general quality displays on matchdays etc..

This is just a little feeler on how much people would be prepared to pay, so when the time comes, the membership cost is fair on all who want to be part of this exciting new supporters group..

Obviously there will be benefits for all members, this will be confirmed at a later date, but we are certainly hoping for discount season tickets, discount away travel, priority ticketing, designated Blue Voice seating section at Fossetts Farm etc etc.

PS, If you are prepared to pay £13+ per annum, could you please state your upper limit on this thread!..

Honest answers please.

Last edited:
I never envisaged that this would be some sort of club; rather a groupf of people who want to make more than the usual contribution to the atmosphere at matches through singing, flag-waving, etc. Surely we already have a supporters club in the trust. If funds are needed for huge flags or banners then some form of fund-raising for that express purpose will need to be undertaken, perhaps on here, or else at the ground or on away trips etc.

I never envisaged that this would be some sort of club; rather a groupf of people who want to make more than the usual contribution to the atmosphere at matches through singing, flag-waving, etc. Surely we already have a supporters club in the trust. If funds are needed for huge flags or banners then some form of fund-raising for that express purpose will need to be undertaken, perhaps on here, or else at the ground or on away trips etc.

I'm sorry that The Blue Voice proposal is not what you have envisaged Andy, but unless we have a steady stream of income, and a proper membership scheme, this idea will not get past the drawing board. Mainly down to the fact that, without a steady stream of income, we will not be able to produce fantastic matchday displays, banners, flags etc etc which I can assure you will not be cheap, but will be totally worth it!!. Also without a proper membership scheme, that is where apathy sets in, and it will be nigh on impossible to get a sizeable group of like minded supporters seated together, week in week out, which is the main aim of this group, a membership scheme will promote a real sense of "togetherness" and will make the vision I/We have much easier to implement.

We will need funds to promote this idea first of all, by means of various leaflet/flyers/poster campaigns in and around the ground, and hopefully around the town in general. We will also be looking at gaining exposure in the local newspapers.

Funds will need to be in place to set up a designated Blue Voice website, first of all to cater for our members... amongst other things, it will be a chance for them to add their own personal touch to future matchday display events, and give the SUFC fans in general a chance to say what they want as part of their matchday experience. The site will also be used to enhance the mission statement of the group, get more publicity, form links with other like minded groups across the UK and help gain potential sponsorship etc etc...

Yes, we do already have The Shrimpers Trust, and a sterling job they do, but this is a totally different and unique supporters group proposal, which will hopefully work in collaboration with The Trust, to continue to help and indeed increase the funding to SUFC for various projects, and also help enhance the fans matchday experience, which I know Ron Martin is very keen to achieve.

I hope this has addressed your points Andy, if you have any further concerns/questions regarding the Blue Voice proposal please feel free to PM/E-mail me.

I'd also like to add that these ideas are just the tip of the iceberg, we are hoping to produce merchandise etc in the future too!..The idea is to get all Blue Voice members wearing Blue T-Shirts/Polo's/cap's etc to create a sea of blue behind the goal!..

Any feed back, positive or negative is welcomed..

This is a group, made by the fans, for the fans..

It will be what WE make it. It's up to you to add your voice.

Thanks,

Lee

Last edited:
Smiffy - I would be prepared to contribute to a fund to improve the atmosphere etc - its a worthy idea and deserves to be supported . For the really committed I don't suppose that a pound a week is too much to ask ie less than half a pint not consumed for the sake of the Blues ( and added benefits for the waistline !)

My worry is that once you start collecting money etc , there are likely to be all kinds of rules that you have to comply with - I don't know the detail so please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.It strikes me that there are two possible alternative routes for acheiving your goal .

1 - organise it in tandem with the Trust who already have experience of these affairs - fans could for example make an extra donation expressing a wish for it to be donated to the Voice ( hope the Trust Guys don't chop my head off for suggesting this ! )

2 - Sort out something with the club - the amount you would be looking for would be relatively small compared with the annual turnover and hopefully they could work something into the promotional activity budget for next season .

Good luck with your noble idea !!

Back