• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

That would be over a computer surely that defeats your point

Bit confused after looking at all your posts.
Are you anti TBV ?
Or do you just want a big cuddle and to be accepted by them ?

I think the latter on reflection.
Maybe you could be in charge and everything will improve ?
It's worth some thought surely....

Wow 18 posts and already reached pri*k status! you have beaten some good posters to that :hilarious:

21 posts now and already Cu*t ( put in an L or N ) status good start. :thumbsup:

And you've got more than 500 so should know better. Anymore of that and you won't be making any more. Opinions are opinions but this is a non-abuse forum and the swear-filter is there for a reason.

Completely unacceptable B 'n' T.

- - - - -

And now in fairness to B 'n' T...

{True Blue answer]This is the sort of answer I wanted, thank you for being sensible. I will try and find you on Saturday to discuss ways of improving the blue voice as I think there are many.

Unfortunately, you've only got the kind of responses you asked for, whether you wanted them or not. Thankfully, you got there in the end. Now relax and, dare I say it, grow up a little bit and you might get more of the answers you're looking for.

Not to start an age old argument off but I have to make a comment....... Do they think they are Ultras from turkey? Standing on chairs at the front with their backs to the game shouting at people to sing when everyone was. Your an embarrassment. You sing terrible songs half the game as well and then then waste time abusing the other fans or players. Not arguing that the atmosphere wasn't good yesterday as it was noisy and the songs where loud but that was probably due the summer holidays day as the average age is about 14 and they must have all just had their first beer and putting on a deep voice. Three idiots that stood out where the 14 year old looking fans on chairs, watching the game through their Iphone as they tried to capture every wonderful song they start on there phone probably to go home and touch themselves over. They also had terrible hair cuts one even had a hair band in his hair.

I'm sorry pal, what is wrong with you? Sexual remarks about minors? Wow.

Your post is far more offensive, and less contrsuctive than anything those kids trying to enjoy themselves supporting the club did last night.

Get your own house in order before having a go at kids trying to do something constructive.

I'm sorry pal, what is wrong with you? Sexual remarks about minors? Wow.

Your post is far more offensive, and less contrsuctive than anything those kids trying to enjoy themselves supporting the club did last night.

Get your own house in order before having a go at kids trying to do something constructive.

Do not feed the troll

Ask the players whether they'd rather play in a stadium with singing and chanting or the silence of the East Stand - apart from their constant moaning at players and refs. I'm sure you'll find they want a decent atmosphere.

TBV do a fantastic job of creating a proper football atmosphere, and if they needs a few gents to face them to help generate the support, then so be it. You do a great job lads. Keep up the good work

Right, i sit in the east stand and despite your comment it isnt full of moaners and silence, the atmosphere was good in there last night the problem is that due to the lack of acoustics around the ground it cant be heard by all. The blue voice were excellent last night, but even from the east stand it doesnt sound that loud. As for player abuse, a lot of us stand up and applaud the players when subbed regardless of how well or not they have played and also stay at the end to clap the team off at the end as we did last night. yes, argue with the guy that posted this thread but dont start on other people from other parts of the ground.

Point taken and I apologise for a dig at our friends in the East (the majority of which are season card holders that have supported us for many years). To be honest, I couldn't hear them last night...but I was in a loud W Block, and as you say the acoustics around the ground are not great. I only went by my previous experiences of sitting in the East Stand which was as above, but that was a couple of seasons back.

Don't get me started on applauding our players (I thought we disappeared in the West far too quickly). Respect to you guys for that.

Not to start an age old argument off but I have to make a comment....... Do they think they are Ultras from turkey? Standing on chairs at the front with their backs to the game shouting at people to sing when everyone was. Your an embarrassment. You sing terrible songs half the game as well and then then waste time abusing the other fans or players. Not arguing that the atmosphere wasn't good yesterday as it was noisy and the songs where loud but that was probably due the summer holidays day as the average age is about 14 and they must have all just had their first beer and putting on a deep voice. Three idiots that stood out where the 14 year old looking fans on chairs, watching the game through their Iphone as they tried to capture every wonderful song they start on there phone probably to go home and touch themselves over. They also had terrible hair cuts one even had a hair band in his hair.

Perhaps they should drop burning mopeds into the away end like proper Ultras.

No offence Ayrshire but i don't think people really appreciate you personally turning round screaming and shouting at fellow fans at the end of the game for applauding Adam Barrett! Maybe you had a few too many beers?

In general I think the Blue Voice does a very good job and I support them fully. Was just a bit disappointed to see that last night.

No offence Ayrshire but i don't think people really appreciate you turning round screaming and shouting at fellow fans at the end of the game for applauding Adam Barrett! Maybe you had a few too many beers?

Its this sort of thing that winds me up the most

Point taken and I apologise for a dig at our friends in the East (the majority of which are season card holders that have supported us for many years). To be honest, I couldn't hear them last night...but I was in a loud W Block, and as you say the acoustics around the ground are not great. I only went by my previous experiences of sitting in the East Stand which was as above, but that was a couple of seasons back.

Don't get me started on applauding our players (I thought we disappeared in the West far too quickly). Respect to you guys for that.

Cheers SK apology accepted and as i said last night you guys were excellent especially after the goal went in.

Blue voice always sound good to me and I am all for what they do and represent. Personally I'm not much of a singer, I struggle to concentrate on the game and sing, typical bloke, can't multi-task etc. The answer? I don't sit in that area, let the singers stick together and make the great noise they do and if you don't sing don't sit there, it aint rocket science

No problem at all with applauding AB, I did the same myself BEFORE the game but that seemed to be all people were interested in singing.

When the chips where down, we try to rally, no harm in that

Having moved from the South to the East this season I haved picked up on a few things.

The Blues Voice do their best but due to the height of the West Stand alot of the noise is lost into the open air.

The Wombles last night used the North Bank accoustics to full advantage and sounded louder I am afraid. Not down to lack of effort on TBV but more positioning.

The East stand is full of Families and certainly those of us more mature in years. I do not however ever hear negativity or abuse where I am sitting. The majority stand up and clap the players off and clap the subs warming up.

As a lifelong diehard supporter of Southend (87 of the old 92 grounds visited mainly with the Blues including the Italian trips)
I have gone from a rowdy, noisy teenager thru the years to where I am now nearly 50. I have been there for all the big games and all of the awful ones as well. I was one of the few that made Grimsby away after being postponed twice many a year back.(i remember the South Bank in its hey day and was there for the Liverpool game as a boy)

I even went to Darlington by mini bus when they played Colchester when the loser was sure to go down to non league.

My days of singing and abuse are not over but as my son is with me I prefer to watch my football in a different way than before.The facts are we have so many local Premier League Clubs that alot of the local youth follow their dads in following one of them. This leaves us with a core of supporters not great in numbers but loyal thru n thru.
We are not an impoverished area where football is all they have in life, with no huge housing estates as per inner cities etc.

What I am trying to say is as people get older they change in general and if the TBV want to be vocal and sometimes abusive , I for one don't care as I was once one of you. On the other hand TBV must remember that there are those of us that have spent 40 years plus following the Blues and count the Southend games I personally have watched at just over the thousand mark. I know many who have seen more than me.

We have earnt the right to watch the Blues in silence or in a straight jacket as we see fit.

Only if fishing was this easy. Id be a pro.

You don't do that much, the majority of the time once you have chucked your streamers and had a 5 minute sing you don't make a sound until its either to abuse the ref/a players/or fans or when we score

A few years ago some of the "Blue Voice" wouldnt even last 5 minutes before leaving for the spread but those days are long gone.

If I was to reattend home games I would probably find myself in the South Upper or the East due to my views of that block

As others have said, if anyone has issues and wants to discuss, in a grown up manner, most of us can be found very easily. I'm easy to spot, I'm the fattish, grey haired old git with a beard and glasses normally around the drum....:smiles:
(Maybe, FFS, I'm also still reliving my youth but I've never been much different, maybe just a little bit wiser; probably never grew up, apart from the grey hair and the sciatica....:'()

Come and meet the lads, they are a pretty friendly bunch, like a bit of banter and can be a bit boisterous sometimes but, hey, apart from the odd old git like me they are young men. No different really to me when I started out as a young lad all those years ago back on the North Bank. :winking:

As others have also said, these are amongst our followers who travel the country, they'll be at Carlisle on Saturday and they'd be at Hartlepool on a Tuesday night in January if SUFC were playing; doesn't give them any divine rights but you can't doubt their commitment and passion, if you cut their heads off they've probably got SUFC stamped all the way through them like a stick of Southend rock.

True Blue's put his email addy up further up the thread, contact him and discuss, as he quite rightly says he has no power over anyone but he does, maybe surprisingly, :unsure:, have respect. Sorry, TB, couldn't resist :smile:.

pinch of salt. kids at all grounds make mistakes. They just want to know that every fan has a load of passion but don't realise not every fan shows it in the same way.

They are generally very good. But, throughout the decades, at different grounds this goes on and on and on.

Personally, I prefer the anti-orient/col u songs myself. Some light banter with the away end and some anger pointed towards the away team. Creates a much better atmosphere and makes Roots halls somewhere teams fear. All this happy singing stuff bores me :finger2:

Back