• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Blue Voice Relocation

The Blue Voice in my opinion should relocate to the South upper by the corner of the west/south.

There are a group of fans there who are loud and on big occasions along with the family stand make a lot of noise. Add to this the blue voice with drums and flags waving i think this location would be a far better location for the blue voice.

It would not hurt to move for one game would it?

You could argue that its inbetween the two stands as well so should unite both the East & West a little more too.

I guess it depends how much TBV is about uniting Roots Hall, and how much its about keeping the away fans quiet?

I think it's been agreed with the club that the West stand is where TBV will be based and the only part of the ground where a drum is allowed.

Smiffy can give more details.

I think it's been agreed with the club that the West stand is where TBV will be based and the only part of the ground where a drum is allowed.

Smiffy can give more details.

I imagine a lot of the South Upper is for STH's too, so getting a larger free area would be tricky

IMO only the players keep the away fans quiet. TBV is about getting behind the Blues so maybe going by what you said about east/west perhaps TBV should think about splitting into 3 sections NW corner/ NE corner and centre of the South Upper

cant see why some blue voice fags cant be waved from the south upper when we score though. and why are drums not alloed in other parts of the ground. sure the south used to have one.

I believe there is a thread in "The Blue Voice" forum which has looked for volunteers to wave flags in the past. If people wish to wave a flag then I am sure Smiffy or Cricko would love to hear from you. Just PM them. I am sure they will only be too willing to help or arrange something.

Also, if you want to buy say a blue/white chequered flag (some are on ebay for a reasonable price) then why not make a simple purchase. It all adds to the display at the ground and you get to take it home with you.

Its nice to see that someone is making some decent suggestions on how improvements can be made in different parts of the ground to improve the noise levels. This is a refreshing change to the negativity that is often levelled at TBV. I do wonder if those making negative comments are those sitting in silence only to moan about it later.....The trouble is TBV is there to help raise the noise, its up to us to "turn up the volume". TBV can only do so much and then its up to the rest of us. It must be quite frustrating for the likes of Smiffy and Cricko to read all the negative comments made against something they are trying to achieve especially given the time it takes up. I am sure that while they accept its not perfect, it would be nice if people could make constructive suggestions as to why and what can be done about it rather than just moaning about it. But then again moaning about something is the easy part.

And if the club read this website, then fix the bloomin speaker above block U/V......Brian sounded like a bad DJ at a wedding reception and I couldnt hear any of the goal music or announcements or anything.

Believe me, we would love to relocate to somewhere like the South Upper..

BUT...

The SU is almost always full with STH's, and i'm sure that we would receive more complaints than compliments if we were to carry out our flag waving, big bass drumming antics up there unfortunately. People pay good money to sit there for "the best view" in the house. If a whole host of large flags where being waved and obscuring people views, they would have every right to complain. Plus i'm sure not everyone in the SU is up for "singing" and "flag waving" if they want to support the team silently that is their choice and their right.

The ONLY way we can do this properly, is to take over an as yet unoccupied area (By home fans) of RH and invite people to join us.This would in theory, make sure that ALL in the "Singing" section, were up for the singing, drumming, flag waving and whatever else that will go on in this vibrant section..

Whether it be where we are in Block W, X of the West, the NW corner or the North Bank, these are the only viable options available unfortunately. They all have a crap view, so it will come down to whether people want to sit in a section with a vibrant atmosphere, or a section which has a decent view. That decision is down to you guys, obviously we hope its the former.

The good thing is when FF comes along, we can incorporate both a decent view and a decent atmosphere...

We just hope that for the last 2 seasons at RH, as many of you will join us in a "singing" section to have a real party and say goodbye to our spiritual home in a fitting way.

Last edited:
I believe there is a thread in "The Blue Voice" forum which has looked for volunteers to wave flags in the past. If people wish to wave a flag then I am sure Smiffy or Cricko would love to hear from you. Just PM them. I am sure they will only be too willing to help or arrange something.

Also, if you want to buy say a blue/white chequered flag (some are on ebay for a reasonable price) then why not make a simple purchase. It all adds to the display at the ground and you get to take it home with you.

Its nice to see that someone is making some decent suggestions on how improvements can be made in different parts of the ground to improve the noise levels. This is a refreshing change to the negativity that is often levelled at TBV. I do wonder if those making negative comments are those sitting in silence only to moan about it later.....The trouble is TBV is there to help raise the noise, its up to us to "turn up the volume". TBV can only do so much and then its up to the rest of us. It must be quite frustrating for the likes of Smiffy and Cricko to read all the negative comments made against something they are trying to achieve especially given the time it takes up. I am sure that while they accept its not perfect, it would be nice if people could make constructive suggestions as to why and what can be done about it rather than just moaning about it. But then again moaning about something is the easy part.

And if the club read this website, then fix the bloomin speaker above block U/V......Brian sounded like a bad DJ at a wedding reception and I couldnt hear any of the goal music or announcements or anything.

not just Cricko and Smiffy! me too!!!!

Believe me, we would love to relocate to somewhere like the South Upper..

BUT...

The SU is almost always full with STH's, and i'm sure that we would receive more complaints than compliments if we were to carry out our flag waving, big bass drumming antics up there unfortunately. People pay good money to sit there for "the best view" in the house. If a whole host of large flags where being waved and obscuring people views, they would have every right to complain.

The ONLY way we can do this properly, is to take over an as yet unoccupied area (By home fans) of RH and invite people to join us..

Whether it be where we are in Block W, X of the West, the NW corner or the North Bank, these are the only viable options available unfortunately. They all have a crap view, so it will come down to whether people want to sit in a section with a vibrant atmosphere, or a section which has a decent view. That decision is down to you guys, obviously we hope its the former.

The good thing is when FF comes along, we can incorporate both a decent view and a decent atmosphere...

We just hope that for the last 2 seasons at RH, as many of you will join us in a "singing" section to have a real party and say goodbye to our spiritual home in a fitting way.

Lee, your hard work is very commendable and hopefully will make a difference but i feel that the one thing that will bring success on the terraces is success on the pitch, Southend United supporters have been a very fickle bunch in the last 30 years that i have followed the club, quick to criticize but also quick to get behind the team when it is gong well on the pitch. They only really seem to respond to successes on the pitch......I guess that is a very common theme through out most football grounds.

Keep up the good work guys

There was a problem with the sound system on Saturday.

A fox overnight chewed through some cable and when the system was set-up on Saturday it was discovered the sound system wasn't working in the West Stand.

Our technicians came in to try and resolve the problem, but it was too late in the day to get it rewired and pitch side wedges were placed along the edge of that stand as a stop gap.

We hope to have the problem fixed by Tuesday night, but it could be the game after. Sorry for any problems caused.

A fox overnight chewed through some cable and when the system was set-up on Saturday it was discovered the sound system wasn't working in the West Stand.

Our technicians came in to try and resolve the problem, but it was too late in the day to get it rewired and pitch side wedges were placed along the edge of that stand as a stop gap.

We hope to have the problem fixed by Tuesday night, but it could be the game after. Sorry for any problems caused.

Haha, you couldn't make it up!

I hope that Fox has received a banning order for entering the field of play.

:D

How do you know it was a fox??

Thank you sir.....I look forward to hearing Brians booming voice again on Tues then. I was just worried I had gone deaf although the quizical look on my daughters face when Brian was apparently speaking suggested I hadnt.

A fox eh.....Sam or Sarah....tutt tutt....naughty girls...

Back