• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steveo you're wrong. Kick 'em out now.

Not aying i am right or wrong, but if people pay their money and are given a ticket in a certain area, you cant dictate to them what they can or cannot sing

Come to think of it, and I know this is an old subject, the Blue Voice are a fairly respectable bunch of supporters. If Ron is as committed as he says he is, two decent fences and an empty section of the North Bank should allow the Blue Voice to occupy the North West corner. Access could be via the West. Members would have to have a separate membership card. Any bad behaviour would result in the confiscation of the card.

If the Club are to stay at Roots hall for at least another couple of years, surely its worth the investment.

Shame we can't return to the 60's when, if you were in the North Bank and you jeered or booed players, the older lads gave you a slap. It soon shut the trappy youths up.

Shame we can't return to the 60's when, if you were in the North Bank and you jeered or booed players, the older lads gave you a slap. It soon shut the trappy youths up.

Seem to remember a goalkeeper being regularly jeered in the late 60s, Brian Lloyd I think it was.

Come to think of it, and I know this is an old subject, the Blue Voice are a fairly respectable bunch of supporters. If Ron is as committed as he says he is, two decent fences and an empty section of the North Bank should allow the Blue Voice to occupy the North West corner. Access could be via the West. Members would have to have a separate membership card. Any bad behaviour would result in the confiscation of the card.

If the Club are to stay at Roots hall for at least another couple of years, surely its worth the investment.

Yep, we have already looked into this, but unfortunately the cost involved in upgrading the facilities and improving the safety features, plus additional police costs, was deemed too expensive.

Which is why we are going to struggle avoiding these morons at RH.

If anyone has any suggestions where at RH we could re-locate the drums and flags too, without causing too much hassle to those that dont want it, then please let me know.

Last edited:

As I remember it in the sixties, most of the slapping on the north bank was of visiting supporters foolhardy enough to venture up there.
Oh happy slappy days!

I think, as mentioned previously, an article in the match programme encouraging support for all the team would be a good idea. Preferably against Hereford while its still fresh in peoples minds as regards the poor support shown by some people. Some will just follow any chant that gets started regardless of its content or meaning.

The problem is these cheap games you get a lot of chavvy kids going who dont really support the team but treat it as some sort of pantomime.

The problem is these cheap games you get a lot of chavvy kids going who dont really support the team but treat it as some sort of pantomime.

Exactly and they all decided to sit in the West stand last night unfortunately. Hence the worst negative chanting heard for a long time.

After speaking to a few people across the ground after the game last night, the problem with that is that it seemed like TBV were drumming along with the chants.

Now I was sitting right in front of you, and I know that it was the in fact opposite of what was going on, however it may be perceived from others that you were drumming with them and maybe, therefore, leading to all this heavy criticism.

I didn't think people could hear us in the south or east??? Thats what's been said before.

football is all about expressing opinions as a fan, the ONLY way to stop negetive chanting is for the team to pull their fingers out and play better football.

getting played off the park which we were last night in the second half will invite people to view to vent their frustrations

Smiffy as I've said I'm 100% behind the BV but while these cretins latch on to you you'll be tarred by the same brush. Personnally I'd identify them and ban them. They won't be missed and will be more than offset by other fans deciding to some as the atmosphere will be better. Why ban them? Well they nearly caused a riot. A few people near me were a fag paper away from going and sorting the ******s out. I made do with a few steely stares and raised eyebrows (that stopped the 2 youngsters behind me in their tracks).
Keep up the good work Smiffy.

PS you must know who they are. Name and shame? Were there any who post on this board?

you can't ban people from the club for voicing their opions even if they are wrong & are going well over the top!

Only just seen this but I applaud the work that you and other in TBV do Smiffy. I have only witnessed TBV a few times before fleeing overseas but the atmosphere at the Hall is a lot richer for it and i am sure the same will apply at FF when it will be more organised and more powerful. I look forward to it on my return.

I am usre the majority of supporters and all the players and staff appreciate the job you do in getting behind the lads and showing your support in a fantyastic reign. Long may TBV cheer the boys on.

Last edited:

Agree with that Ken - but same applies for lots of things!

And now we have a splinter cell to contend with...

Dear me!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6574022942

I notice one Dave the Shrimper is a member of this group, shocking mate, shocking.

Haha, brilliant! Love the moderator profiles too:

Alex Cast (Loughborough Uni.)
Co-ordinator of the Real Fans

Marc De Villiers (Cambridge)
is well up for League 2

Tom Fraser (Loughborough Uni.)
is southend united, BOOM

Charlie Dickson (UEA)
Initiator of Chants

Jonathan Bale (London)
Temporary News Updater

So lots of these students regularly get back for games then I'm guessing...

is well up for League 2

is southend united, BOOM

Charlie Dickson (UEA)
Initiator of Chants

Jonathan Bale (London)
Temporary News Updater

TBTV shall make a mock of these clowns

is well up for League 2

is southend united, BOOM

Charlie Dickson (UEA)
Initiator of Chants

Jonathan Bale (London)
Temporary News Updater

HaHa, I know some of these!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back