• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
Right, first of all many thanks for all the bitchy comments, to say I'm a little ****ed off right now is an understatement. All these negative statements regarding TBV I take as a personal insult, so If anyone else wants a pop please do so via PM.

Now for the facts.

The Blue Voice is not an organised group yet.

We do not have a membership scheme or a code of conduct as yet.

We do not have our own dedicated section at RH.

The drums and flags are situated in the West by default (we cannot go elsewhere as we cannot upset STH's) rather than out of choice and believe me after tonight we need to shift the drums/flags elsewhere more than ever.

We are small group of committee members trying to do some ****ing good for this club and we are trying to encourage people to follow the same line of support. But there will always be individuals who do not agree with our principals, we cannot change that, we can encourage them to change, but we cannot make them.

When we get to Fossetts Farm and when we have our own dedicated section, people have the right to have a pop if the support is of a negative nature. If this proves to be the case then your right, The Blue Voice should be disbanded.

Until then, do not tar the committee members and the loyal group of followers that we have built up, with the same brush. There is a small group of sheep in certain sections of the west who will sing **** just because they think its funny and makes them look hard. I can assure you that TBV is totally against this and we do what we can to counteract this. For instance this evening I myself took the drums and tried to drum and chant over the top of any negative chanting, I really dont know what more we can do than that at the moment.

Until we have our own section at FF, we will do all we can to improve the atmosphere at RH. But as you can see we are fighting against our own here and its proving a struggle. We need your help for crying out loud.

Dont have a pop at what we are trying to do here, get involved and help make it happen.

Judge us at FF, when we WILL have our own section. Until then keep your opinions to yourselves, appreciate what we are doing here and get involved with it.

Please dont slate TBV when you do not even have the right to do so yet.

The Blue Voice is a long term plan and when we get to FF you will all see the benefits, believe me.

And to all the little ***** trying to undo all the hard work we have put in, get out and stay out, you are not welcome.

And to all those who doubt that TBV will be a success, I say bring it on, its going to take more than a few snidey remarks to make us give up.

We WILL be a success, maybe not so much at RH but certainly at FF.

We WILL NOT stop because of a small minority who are intent on just being negative. We want to grow big enough so we can outsing these morons, but until we ALL group together in our own section and have everyone lending there support, it will be difficult.

BUT as already mentioned, we are in this for the long haul. Giving up is not an option.

Yours,

A very ****ed off but forever battling,

Smiffy (TBV Chairman)

Last edited:
Agreed Lee, as I posted in the other thread.

OOOo hang on a minute,don't tar TBV with a few mindless idiots...TBV is all of the supporters who sing and support the team all around the ground...The same thing's I am seeing being said tonight were said at exactly the same time last season...Of course when we are losing at home 4-2 to Borient of all teams and after a 5-2 away from home defeat some people are going to get the ar$e ache...It annoys me more that those who have made the effort to create TBV and put the hours into making a better atmosphere at RH get slaughtered for the minority few who voice there disapproval of certain things.. Once again I will say TBV have no control over what other fan's who pay there money to watch the club sing...We are not a members club just a small committee that try our hardest to help raise the standard of singing and support of the club and our players...You have a very short memory if you forget night's like Doncaster last year.

I completely back the work that you and your team, (TB and Cricko + many others i'm sure) Smiffy and would like to place on record my thanks for your positive efforts in trying to create a fantastic atmosphere at Roots Hall.

It is such a shame a few small minded individuals decided to ruin yours and my evening by singing quite ridiculous chants and tarring the Blue voice's image for what will unfortunately be sometime. Many supporters do not read this board, and sadly will believe it was the groups doing. Perhaps a short statement in the next programme that your committee absolutely do not condone these actions will get you once again the recognition you deserve.

I completely back the work that you and your team, (TB and Cricko + many others i'm sure) Smiffy and would like to place on record my thanks for your positive efforts in trying to create a fantastic atmosphere at Roots Hall.

It is such a shame a few small minded individuals decided to ruin yours and my evening by singing quite ridiculous chants and tarring the Blue voice's image for what will unfortunately be sometime. Many supporters do not read this board, and sadly will believe it was the groups doing. Perhaps a short statement in the next programme that your committee absolutely do not condone these actions will get you once again the recognition you deserve.

Thank You Sir and yes a message to that effect will indeed be present in the next programme.

As mentioned above we WILL NOT lose heart or give up on this because of a minority hell bent on causing grief.

It will be done...

TBV has made a big hit imo, I can hear the voice from wherever i sit in the ground, the song NaNaNaNaNa song was very good today. Away at Doncaster, without TBV i think it would of been a disastrous day out all round. Our away days are getting better vocally and make it more enjoyable.

Big well done from me for the creators of TBV

The other thing that should be done, not just by the Blue Voice, but by everyone who wants the club to succeed is to show your support for Steve Mildenhall. Destroying his confidence isn't going to make him a better player, singing his name might though.

The people that just knock the blue voice as they heard some negative chanting are being just as mindless as they people that are doing the negative chanting.

Next time you hear the chnats have a listen to the drums and see if they join in, the people on the drums plus cricko and Trueblue are the only people officially part of blue voice i believe.

So if u see Smiffy Cricko or Trueblue having a dig at the keeper ect. have a go.

But they won't, so you won't need to.

The people that just knock the blue voice as they heard some negative chanting are being just as mindless as they people that are doing the negative chanting.

Next time you hear the chnats have a listen to the drums and see if they join in, the people on the drums plus cricko and Trueblue are the only people officially part of blue voice i believe.

So if u see Smiffy Cricko or Trueblue having a dig at the keeper ect. have a go.

But they won't, so you won't need to.

Nail on head mate.

The other thing that should be done, not just by the Blue Voice, but by everyone who wants the club to succeed is to show your support for Steve Mildenhall. Destroying his confidence isn't going to make him a better player, singing his name might though.

perhaps you could write a song sheet for us all to sing to midenhall at carlisle.

a great effort again tonight on the drums lee & the other guy
(i dont know his name)

if only the whole stand & ground was as enthuastic as the rest of us in that area of the west...one day hey...

loved the 10 minutes of "sing up, sing up too" :clap:

is TBV planning anymore away days ?

(i dont know his name)

if only the whole stand & ground was as enthuastic as the rest of us in that area of the west...one day hey...

The other guy goes by the unfortunate name of LEE...Aka "Scamps" on here.

I have done already!

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showpost.php?p=712616

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showthread.php?t=42670

This already looks like a season where we may have to entertain ourselves. If we are going to lose, we might as well have a bit of a sing-song on the terraces.

blimey :stunned: cant see that second one taking off
half the crowd struggle to remember the basic "give me a S.O.U.T.H.E.N.D."

you could sing steeeee-eeeeeve midenhaaaaaaaaaaal
to the tune of anfield road ? :whistling:

(i dont know his name)

Yes, the "sing up, sing up" chant worked very well this evening. Infact I thought we done very well this evening all round.

Just a shame that some of these people singing this for 10 minutes, then join in with the "Flahavan" chants.

Fickle is not the word.

Yes, the "sing up, sing up" chant worked very well this evening. Infact I thought we done very well this evening all round.

Just a shame that some of these people singing this for 10 minutes, then join in with the "Flahavan" chants.

you cant stop people singing his name or another ex player.
but maybe at a different stage of the game.

we shouldnt forget the past (players)

well done blue voice for tonight getting the southend fans up on there feet who else would do it if we did not have you! cant wait till we move to FF having a blue voice section count me in.

why would them fans be getting behind a Goalkeeper who crys and shuts every time he lets one in?
The club it self was making a big deal all summer about Ian Joyce (not Steve Mildenhall) being top young American Goalkeeper!
The only time the club made a big deal about Steve Mildenhall was when they were talkin about him gettin a goal for notts in 2001 or playin as a striker for swindon town or sayin he wants to be Southend number 1 but not once did the club say he was our best goalkeeper.

Save Steve Mildenhall from being boo'ed out the club by putting Ian Joyce in goal for the next six or so games so we all can see whos Southend's number one really is!!!

Im sorry, but when Daryl was conceding left right and centre, WE NEED COLLIS in now were the crys. Collis comes in concedes a few WE NEED DARYL back in goal again came the cry. For me I have this funny feeling, that Daryl did indeed love the club and may have stayed, if it wasn't for the fickle fans that hounded the keepers.

Now after 4 league games and 2 cups games, WE NEED JOYCE in goal. Watch he'll concede a few, then it'll be WE NEED MASTERS then he'll concede a few, then we be back at route 1 again with Milldenhall in goal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back