• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sherif H

Omar's older brother
I sat in the BV section today, forgoing my usual season ticket spot in the South Upper...I also persuaded two of my fellow seasos to make the move.

I am all for a singing section, and at times today, we saw the best of the Roots Hall Roar, but its got to be said, people will be put off making the permanent move if they can't obtain a guarantee that they won't be harassed and subjected to the 'C' word every couple of minutes by sections of the crowd consisting of 14 year old members of the 'Burberry brigade' who looked like they were in training to cast as an extra on Football Factory.
On no less than 6 ocassions during the first half, a group of these fools kept making the whole row stand up so they could chat to their mates standing at the back of the block, and started getting lippy when I objected, then decided it would be a good idea to chuck a load of plastic tea stirrers over the rows in front (again, containing young children).

Now, I am no angel...my language is colourful at times, and I am very passionate about my club, but I don't see why I and many others around me should have to be subjected to this kind of inciteful behaviour and mindless swearing from these little chavs, just because I want to sing...particularly when people had made the effort to make the switch and many had brought young children along...all of whom, I must add, were joining in the with the carnival atmosphere.

For my money, if, as I hope, the BV will be able to secure Block W next season, I do think there will need to be some way of either policing or getting rid of these idiots, who let us face it, if actually faced by any genuine trouble from less welcome visitors, would make matters worse for the rest of us, by inciting trouble and running at the first sign.

I should add, I have pledged to make the move next season, as have my fellow season ticket holders in the Upper Blues, but I will be re-evaluating if it is going to be to the detrement of my general enjoyment of the game.

seems an honest opinion. i think tho that as it was a family day there were many who were in that block who were there for another reason other than being part of TBV specifically. hopefully those who were there and really enjoyed and added to the atmosphere will be those who return and want to be part of it again.

there is always room for improvement so people who take the time to make these sorts of constructive comments are perhaps more useful than "we cant hear you", etc etc.

Any "movenment" will attract others that perhaps do not belong to what we are trying to achieve....We have no subscription membership..we have no control over others that pay there match day money..We can only hope people are sensitive to others around them and join in with the positive nature of TBV. I doubt we will ever have control over others and the way they act but this of course is there freedom of choice, not something we condone within TBV..just a fact of life I guess.

Any "movenment" will attract others that perhaps do not belong to what we are trying to achieve....We have no subscription membership..we have no control over others that pay there match day money..We can only hope people are sensitive to others around them and join in with the positive nature of TBV. I doubt we will ever have control over others and the way they act but this of course is there freedom of choice, not something we condone within TBV..just a fact of life I guess.

Be it right or wrong I see TBV as the 'drum' and the singing section. If there is a chant with no drum then TBV didn't support it, if the Drum is going and continues to go after it is obvious what the chant is then its TBV.

FOr what its worth I had my 10 year son with me half way down Block W, I had children in front/ behind me and they all enjoyed themselves.
14 Year old boys in a group are, as a generalization a pain but thats life (and this is a generalization)

Sherif H makes good points. To get up once during a half can be for understandable reasons but to make the row shift 6 times is unacceptable and I would have been just as peeved as he was. Surely something the stewards could have dealt with?

Be it right or wrong I see TBV as the 'drum' and the singing section. If there is a chant with no drum then TBV didn't support it, if the Drum is going and continues to go after it is obvious what the chant is then its TBV.

FOr what its worth I had my 10 year son with me half way down Block W, I had children in front/ behind me and they all enjoyed themselves.
14 Year old boys in a group are, as a generalization a pain but thats life (and this is a generalization)

I think the points you say are very valid...but we are trying to make TBV a ground thing not just a section in block W as a whole...It was always planned to be something we could take to the new ground, for now we make do with what we have and it is very frustrating at times for Smiffy etc..When losing the North Bank a few years back now, fans were scattered across the stands, we lost if you like the heart of the singing section and even then there were culprits of stupid behaviour...We like to think we are building a better culture of fan but as I have stated before there will always be the odd ones that we have no right or control over.

Cricko....if it is not clear from my initial post, I should add that I thoroughly enjoy being right in the middle of the noise and atmosphere; indeed, I have always bemoaned the lack of vocal support in some other parts of the ground. My gripe was with the lack of control of those who ruined it for others. Not a BV problem, but perhaps one that the Club need to look at, particularly when you have a group of 20 odd stewards and three Old Bill standing filming innocent supporters, making no attempt to seat those standing on the staircase/vomitories causing problems and nuisance for others.

Maybe it's more a case of these lads need a bit of "direction" from their elders in football etiquette? Got a feeling I know exactly the people you're talking about Sherif. Have to say, I thought the crowd were brilliant, TBV et al.

Back