• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Blue Zone

bluesjourno

Hi,

I just thought I'd introduce myself - I'm Martin who does The Blue Zone show on Southend Radio...now I know the general feeling is that our station are "tight" with Shrimpers Online, which is true to an extent, but only because we got on board with them last season! As for the new show on Friday nights, I am very keen to make sure all the fan groups get a voice...with that in mind, if there are any Shrimper Zone members that would like to take part, please send me a message and I'll get back to you asap!

I certainly hope we can work together, clearly you are a big part of supporting the club, and that is what I'm trying to do as well!

And as for the name Blue Zone, where do I pass the royalties on to? :P

In all seriousness though no offence was meant by using Zone ourselves...

Thanks,

Martin

Hi Martin,

As a blues fan based in Ireland, I still seek an explanation for why Richie Foran was shipped off in such discreet circumstances. Alan McCormack gave me a riddle last season, but I still can't work it out.

If you and your show could probe the Southend hierarchy as to the reasoning behind the above, I might be able to sleep again at night.

Kindest of regards,

Ant :)

Hi Martin,

As a blues fan based in Ireland, I still seek an explanation for why Richie Foran was shipped off in such discreet circumstances. Alan McCormack gave me a riddle last season, but I still can't work it out.

If you and your show could probe the Southend hierarchy as to the reasoning behind the above, I might be able to sleep again at night.

Kindest of regards,

Ant :)

:D Bless, Ant still seeks a satisfactory answer to this conundrum!

Hi,

I just thought I'd introduce myself - I'm Martin who does The Blue Zone show on Southend Radio...now I know the general feeling is that our station are "tight" with Shrimpers Online, which is true to an extent, but only because we got on board with them last season! As for the new show on Friday nights, I am very keen to make sure all the fan groups get a voice...with that in mind, if there are any Shrimper Zone members that would like to take part, please send me a message and I'll get back to you asap!

I certainly hope we can work together, clearly you are a big part of supporting the club, and that is what I'm trying to do as well!

And as for the name Blue Zone, where do I pass the royalties on to? :P

In all seriousness though no offence was meant by using Zone ourselves...

Thanks,

Martin
Hello,

Firstly, welcome to the Zone, ShrimperZone that is!

Secondly, When I heard about BluesZone, I thought that it was a brilliant idea! I listened to it this week and last week, and thought that it was brilliant!

I look forward to what you have planned for the future of BluesZone!

SS1

I enjoyed last weeks show but todays was even better.There seemed to be more imput this week on the main subject matter.
Keep it up young man!

Hi Martin,

Enjoyed listening to the show tonight - first time I have tuned in.
Thought your chat with Ricky Duncan was informative and gave us a background to how the Youth set-up works at the Club.
Think it can only be a positive thing, that the local station devotes an hours air time to its local football club and its supporters.
Will tune in again next week.

PS. Did I hear you nearly slip up at one point and say 'your listening to sshr...Blue Zone';)

Thanks guys for the positive feedback and messages...

At the moment there isn't a listen again facility, but we will certainly look into it!

Cheers,

Martin

Back