• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Bolton effect

As above...some details;

The English Football League will appeal against the "lenient" suspended points deduction given to Bolton Wanderers over unfulfilled fixtures.
Bolton had a five-point deduction suspended for 18 months after failing to fulfil fixtures against Brentford last season and Doncaster this term.
The EFL said it is "disappointed by the conclusions reached by the independent disciplinary commission".

There was a case of while back. Think it was Blackburn v Middlesbrough, where the away team were docked points for failing to fulfil a fixture :-

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/middlesbrough-rocked-by-three-point-penalty-1283330.html

Middlesbrough were indeed docked the three points and it ended up costing them dearly; they were relegated at the end of the season as a result.
The decision not to deduct the three points from Bolton for each unfulfilled fixture is indefensible. I like Bolton Wanderers and wish them no ill but if they stay up by a couple of points right will not have been done.

The only thing might be that the FA presided over the Blackburn v Middlesbrough match as it was a PL fixture, whereas the EFL govern on the Bolton issue.

The problem lies if a side is relegated below Bolton this season by one point. Particularly if it was, say, Doncaster.

Wasn't expecting this news tbh, had us dead and buried, now we have a chance of staying up, can understand the anger towards us, but blame the EFL, they are incompetent.

I don't think it makes any difference - it's a suspended penalty. They haven't been docked any more points and that will only happen if they fail to fulfil another fixture in the next 18 months which, of course, they won't.

So we should now stop playing until January in order to give ourselves a better chance of staying up. We will only get a suspended sentence. Result

Was saying yesterday how, not that long ago, Accrington Stanley were a non-league side and Bolton were in the top half of the PL.

How times change.

Was saying yesterday how, not that long ago, Accrington Stanley were a non-league side and Bolton were in the top half of the PL.

How times change.

Remember when us & Oxford were in 2nd Div ( Championship ) & we beat them 6-1 down here!.

I do and I was there at that match.

Before yesterday, I couldn't recall us losing to Oxford in a game I attended at RH and only once in three visits to Oxford, as well.

Back