• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Boy whos skin fell off

footymad13

Just watched a truly remarkable and touching program on Channel 4, about a man suffers from Dystrophic Epidermolysis, a terrible skin condition which has led to a final fight against skin cancer. And it really is horrific what he had on his skin, obviously he couldnt lay down etc. Anyway it was a documentry of his last few months and he planned his funeral with really sharp wit and had a baked beans tin carved on his coffin and flew a plane before he died.

Anyways, he was told he had a certain amount of time before he would die,but he wanted to go to Downing Street to see Cherie Blair to get her to commit herself to turn up at fundrasing for his charity and when he got back home he died. He was told it would kill him going to London.

Seriously, you have to watch this, its so emotional and touching and a incredible story.
No one should have to go threw a lifetime of pain and suffering like that.

R.I.P

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ Oct. 04 2004,23:59)]No thanks ...

WS
Seriously, Mike... Luke has got a point. I saw the programme when they first showed it - and it was one of the most poignant, touching and yet humorous programmes I'd seen in ages.

The guy, Jonny Kennedy, was a truly remarkable man; and the programme was a truly remarkable programme.

Matt

I think we should just dismiss this post because of the person who posted it. It's obviously a load of rubbish because it's FM13.

I watched it as well, it was in no way exploitative. John Kennedy's courage, humanity and his self deprecating humour shone through. His efforts to raise the profile of his disease enabled him to raise £500,000 towards research.
As FM and MtS have already said, he was a truly remarkable man.

gotta underline FM, MtS and WB words of wisdom, the man was an inspiration.

It was HIS decision to make the documentary as he felt it would have given his unfortunatley painful existance some meaning and go along way to promote his charity.

Truly remarkable bloke, who couldnt stop perving over Nell McAndrews or taking the **** out of situations.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kent Shrimper @ Oct. 05 2004,13:20)]Truly remarkable bloke, who couldnt stop perving over Nell McAndrew
And who could blame him...

rock.gif
tounge.gif

SCAN_5_1.jpg

1075859614344.jpg

image23.jpg

cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (West Country Shrimper @ Oct. 05 2004,16:13)]Pervs!
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif
Sorry, Hils. If the sight of Nell's thrups offend, then do let me know, and I'll remove the said picture.

However, why is it pervy to admire a beautiful woman...? Surely it's the most natural thing in the world (other than loving Southend United, of course!)?

rock.gif

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Oct. 05 2004,11:26)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jávea Shrimper @ Oct. 04 2004,23:59)]No thanks ...

WS
Seriously, Mike... Luke has got a point.  I saw the programme when they first showed it - and it was one of the most poignant, touching and yet humorous programmes I'd seen in ages.

The guy, Jonny Kennedy, was a truly remarkable man; and the programme was a truly remarkable programme.

Matt
Yes Mike, if you continue to be nasty to FM13 then Happy Clappy Hooly will be over on the next plane to sing you a song about world peace and harmony and being nice to everyone, even Arsenal fans.

And you wouldn't like that, would you........?

rock.gif

Well they'd be outcry if I post up pictures of men on here, or would there?
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

No we're all closeted shirtlifters here, I'm sure we'd all welcome some six packs and lunchboxes.
wink.gif
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Oct. 05 2004,12:26)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jávea Shrimper @ Oct. 04 2004,23:59)]No thanks ...

WS
Seriously, Mike... Luke has got a point.  I saw the programme when they first showed it - and it was one of the most poignant, touching and yet humorous programmes I'd seen in ages.
Fine, Matt. But I saw enough sh*te in Bosnia a decade ago and chose not to watch these sort of things ... it was nothing against Luke. Just a simple "thanks for the tip, but no thanks" ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wessex Blue @ Oct. 05 2004,16:07)]No we're all closeted shirtlifters here, I'm sure we'd all welcome some six packs and lunchboxes.  
wink.gif

tounge.gif
I know u are, Wessex, but I didnt know about the others on here
wink.gif
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jávea Shrimper @ Oct. 05 2004,17:08)]Fine, Matt. But I saw enough sh*te in Bosnia a decade ago and chose not to watch these sort of things
Fair enough.  Not much I can say to that.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jávea Shrimper @ Oct. 05 2004,17:08)]... it was nothing against Luke.
First time for everything, I s'pose...

tounge.gif

Changing subject - is there an official timetable for the Jávea Shrimpers' trip to Blighty?  What time will you be installing yourselves in the Spread?  May well have to join you for a wee jar there...

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (West Country Shrimper @ Oct. 05 2004,16:51)]Well they'd be outcry if I post up pictures of men on here, or would there?
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
Nope. One can admire Michelangelo's David, just as one can admire Nell's thrups. A beautiful body is a beautiful thing, regardless of its gender... it is quite possible to park one's libido at the door when it comes to aesthetics, IMHO...

unclesam.gif

Not quite!!

The Spanish Shrimpers will be at Roots Hall on October 16th at about midday for photographs on the pitch with the now famous flag and, on the invitation of the club, a brief tour of the stadium. See, they aren't all bad! Then we have to pop into the Shrimpers very quickly to pick up some SUSCT polo shirts. And then I guess we'll be in The Spread by about 12:30 - 12:45 ... however we're not discounting having a couple of jars BEFORE the appointment at 12:00!! And of course we'll be installed in The Spread for a few hours afterwards!

WS

Back