• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Napster

No ⭐
Customs and Excise to merge with Inland Revenue Department, with loss of 10,500 civil service jobs by 2008

Extra £6bn allocated for Iraq, Afghanistan, Kosovo and the fight against terrorism.

There are currently 25,000 new jobs and 10,000 new vacancies

Corporation and capital gains tax frozen

VAT registration threshold set at £58,000

Freeze on rates on air passenger duty

Freeze on vehicle excise duty

Delaying fuel duty to September 1. Diesel, including red diesel, fuel oil and LPG, up 2.4p a litre, low sulphur fuel up 1.9p a litre, sulphur-free fuel up 1.4p. Lower duty rises for cleaner fuels
From January 1, bioethanol gets the same incentives as biodiesel - a 20p per litre reduction in duty compared to petrol and diesel until at least 2007 · Transport budget increased in real terms

Betting duty frozen

Beer up 1p a pint, wine up 4p a bottle, duties frozen on cider, sparkling wines and spirits
Cigarettes up 8p for 20

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Mar. 17 2004,16:14)]Beer up 1p a pint, wine up 4p a bottle,
Wonder how much the local drinking establishments will jack up their prices...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Mar. 17 2004,16:14)]Cigarettes up 8p for 20
Thats not fair.....
sad.gif

Stamp duty reduced to 0% on property above £300k. Or is that just wishful thinking?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Mar. 17 2004,16:14)]Customs and Excise to merge with Inland Revenue Department, with loss of 10,500 civil service jobs by 2008
sad.gif

14,000 actually!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Mar. 17 2004,17:44)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Mar. 17 2004,16:14)]Customs and Excise to merge with Inland Revenue Department, with loss of 10,500 civil service jobs by 2008
sad.gif

14,000 actually!
Oh dear, Dave. Still, i thought you were safe.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mrs McScriven @ Mar. 17 2004,18:12)]Yeah so stop fcuking moaning about your fags going up - people are going to lose their jobs.
If they didn't keep putting tax on fags up then I wouldn't keep buying my fags outside the country, thus depriving the Revenue of clearly needed funds. If me and millions of others do the same there must be less tax to collect, so less to administer resulting in less people required to collect and administer.

I shall continue to smoke but will remember in future that every puff probably equates to one more on the dole.

Hils, waddya smoke? I might (no promises) be able to bring ya 200 back from HK.
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Mar. 17 2004,19:10)]Hils, waddya smoke? I might (no promises) be able to bring ya 200 back from HK.
biggrin.gif
Of course this is actually illegal. All goods must be bought for your own consumption so if you do pass them on even as a gift you are in fact breaking the law.

Of course I'll turn a blind eye if you hope over to Japan and pick me up a cheap lap-top I'm after.

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Mar. 17 2004,19:10)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mrs McScriven @ Mar. 17 2004,18:12)]Yeah so stop fcuking moaning about your fags going up - people are going to lose their jobs.
If they didn't keep putting tax on fags up then I wouldn't keep buying my fags outside the country, thus depriving the Revenue of clearly needed funds. If me and millions of others do the same there must be less tax to collect, so less to administer resulting in less people required to collect and administer.

I shall continue to smoke but will remember in future that every puff probably equates to one more on the dole.

Hils, waddya smoke? I might (no promises) be able to bring ya 200 back from HK.
biggrin.gif
You forget sir that smoking is of course one of the original stealth taxs and a wonderful form of social engineering .

The fact it has no redeeming qualities or benifits is beside the point of course
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MrB @ Mar. 17 2004,17:42)]Stamp duty reduced to 0% on property above £300k. Or is that just wishful thinking?
Not just yet please - stamp duty figures are one of the things I have to learn for my exams on Friday and if they go changing it now I'll be well and truly buggered!

rock.gif

So Dave how do you explain this:

3.4 Do alcohol, tobacco products, perfume and toilet waters qualify for any relief?

Yes, but only if they are gifts which comply with the rules in paragraph 3.5 and are within the following allowances:

Type of goods

Allowances

Tobacco Products
* 50 cigarettes;or
* 25 cigarillos (cigars with a maximum individual weight of 3 gms);or
* 10 cigars;or
* 50 gms of tobacco; or
* a proportional assortment of the different products.

Alcohol
* 1 litre of distilled beverages and spirits over 22% volume;
* 1 litre of fortified or sparkling wine, and some liqueurs of 22% volume or less; or
* a proportional assortment of the different products; and
* 2 litres of still wines.

Perfume and toilet waters
* 50 gms of perfume; or
* 0.25 litres of toilet water.

3.5 Is duty and VAT charged on gifts?
A gift is not free of duty and VAT merely because it is a gift. The EC agreement allows them to be imported free of charges only if they comply with these rules:

Rule

Description

1. The value of the goods must not exceed 45 EURO (currently £36).

2. They must be correctly declared.

3. They must have been sent from a private person abroad to another person in this country.

4. The gift must be for the use of either yourself or your family.

5. There is no commercial or trade element and they have not been paid for either directly or indirectly.

6. Any alcohol, tobacco products, perfumes or toilet waters are within the allowances shown in paragraph 3.4. anything over those allowances is liable to charges.

7. They must be of an occasional nature only, such as a birthday or anniversary.

And how do you know that Hils is not ORM's long last daughter.
wink.gif
And she should only be given 50 to help her stop such a disgusting habit
biggrin.gif

But ORM is bringing them back into the country not posting them, Hils will be paying for them, she's not family, ORM probably won't declare it and as far as I know it's not Hils Bday.

Anyway I don't really care, I just train people.

Back