• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question The building where York International was in Basildon

KrustyTheKray

President
Anyone know what it is, or who it belongs to?

Seems very highly protected, double fence, security vehicle ramps, cameras, and the building is unmarked.

It's unmarked as well???

DR site? Do tell.

Presumably if their systems go down, they would fail over to this site.

DR stands for Disaster Recovery. Many companies have a DR plan and have yearly tests to prove that in a DR situation, they would be operational for Day One work within a very short period of time. We have 2 data centres where I work and with mirrored servers. Once a year we fail over each site top make sure that we can be fully operational from the other site.

QUOTE=davewebbsbrain;1641882]DR stands for Disaster Recovery. Many companies have a DR plan and have yearly tests to prove that in a DR situation, they would be operational for Day One work within a very short period of time. We have 2 data centres where I work and with mirrored servers. Once a year we fail over each site top make sure that we can be fully operational from the other site.[/QUOTE]

So does my company and its a shambles every time!!

Its a government DR site.

Partially correct (unless I am thinking of the wrong building ) . It is a DR site but it has nothing to do with the government . Its main purpose is a data centre for NYSE LIFFE, but it also acts as a DR sit for the London offices . I know this as I work ICE Futures who now own LIFFE. I went on a tour earlier this year and it is very very impressive.
http://www.hilsonmoran.com/Case-studies/NYSE-Euronext,-Basildon---Data-Centre/

Partially correct (unless I am thinking of the wrong building ) . It is a DR site but it has nothing to do with the government . Its main purpose is a data centre for NYSE LIFFE, but it also acts as a DR sit for the London offices . I know this as I work ICE Futures who now own LIFFE. I went on a tour earlier this year and it is very very impressive.

Do they issue staff with stab vests if they have to go out for lunch?

I stand corrected Cyril, of course it is......

Back