• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

In 46 league games only conceded 3 goals or more twice! Did not score in only 14 games! 24 clean sheets. It's gonna be tough to crack

Yep, as I said on last week's post match thread

"We shouldn't under-estimate how resilient this Burton team are once they get their noses in front.

Since the beginning of October, apart from a home defeat to Fleetwood, they haven't failed to win a match where they scored 2 or more goals. So if they score first on Saturday we will be facing a mountain to climb.

Furthermore, they have only lost one match all season where they took the lead (Wimbledon away in September) where they had a central defender (Holness) sent off after 20 minutes - (3 have finished in draws).

Sharps will be a loss to them but they seem to have cover in the CB role.

Make sure you grow some fingernails this week".

The Wimbledon match where they were down to 10 after 20 mins was one of the games they conceded three

Southend United team and supporters, experts in safe-cracking and Wembley finals

Did not score in only 14 games, that is pants. Almost 1 in 3. SUFC did not score in only 8 the best in the division, kept 19 clean sheets (1 more than Burton, don't know where you got your 24 from)

Been up since 6 as I am very nervous.
We have nothing at all to lose today & should give it a damn good go (although part of me cant see how we will score more than 1 goal considering we have only done so once in our last 10 games against them going back to 2010-most worrying).

Cant stand Rowett, mark my words they will be time wasting & diving all over the shop, no doubt trying to get Corr sent off....

Need to ensure midfield support for Bazza or play 2 up to give Burton and their idiot manager something else to think about, as well as LOTS of quality crosses into the box (Collymores mantra on Talksport).

A work colleague has even suggested we play Fred & Barnard instead of Corr to mess up Rowetts tactics, then bring Bazza on at 55mins

Just some random thoughts to share with you that have been buzzing round my head since the wee small hours.

Good Luck to us & may we be excellent...

Up early as well, nerves are kicking in now. I've been on Fleetwood forum, and they would rather play Burton in the final !
Not sure what that says about us, or Burton for that matter.

If we do not possess the nous and guile to open up their defence (and I'm not sure we have anyone in the midfield creative enough), then i would adopt the scatter-gun approach and pepper their box, and hope for a deflection/ricochet. Their goal at their place, whilst a good composed finish, arrived at the goalscorer rather fortunately I thought.

COYB

Whilst I understand your point, this not like half-time in a league match.....it's a different game altogether. I'd prefer to look at a better comparison, in the play-offs last year. First-leg, Burton won at Bradford 2-3...........only to lose the second-leg at home 1-3! Well, at least that gives me some comfort!:smile:

SORRY, should have been in reply to CC51DAS's above post!

We can do this ! Burton wouldn't be playing so many mind games if they were sure of themselves. They are vulnerable and prone to panic as evidenced in the last 10 minutes last week so we just have to apply that sort of pressure over a more sustained period for goals to come.

The can park as many buses as they like across the pitch, time waste and cheat ... doesn't matter. They will still be playing against us and we are a much better team!

It's that old saying, the 1st goal if any will be crucial. Burton get it, they will shut up shop and we are doomed. If we get it, and its in the 1st half then we should have enough to go and get the winner

We need different tactics to what we've used the last two games, they have those worked out and counteracted them very well. I hope we start in a different formation, possibly with different personnel, just to unnerve them a little.

I reckon the first goal - if there is one, of course - will determine who goes to Wembley. If we score first we'll go on to get 2 or 3.

Time for Ryan Leonard to stick one in from 30 yards today. We know he has it in his locker and it may be our best bet.

Time for Ryan Leonard to stick one in from 30 yards today. We know he has it in his locker and it may be our best bet.

Got a couple of quid on Lenny to be first goalscorer, just got a feeling he is due one and he was the one midfielder trying to make something happen on Sunday.

Back