• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
Well it is surely? even for me...This season excites me already.I cannot take away completely the disgust I felt this time last year and it took a whole season for me to really take it all in....This close season and having had long chats with PS, TB and even RM captured me, has put what is past behind me.

We have signed 3 ex championship players in the past few weeks...TB has taken control of the club and means business, we have and are taking the bull by the horns this year and are determined to make our presence felt.

This squad on paper has to succeed, we are really chucking all our eggs in one basket to get out of this dire division by pushing the player budget to the limit (if not beyond). I am really looking forward to the season now and the feel good factor is back.

UTB.

Feeling really optomistic about serious challenge for promotion! With exciting signings sure people will be coming back to watch the games and hopefully success on the pitch can bring a big push for the new stadium to be completed ASAP!

UTB

I'm sure these signings are making other managers in the division really stand up and look at what we could achieve this season. I'm looking forward to it definitely!

Well it is surely? even for me...This season excites me already.I cannot take away completely the disgust I felt this time last year and it took a whole season for me to really take it all in....This close season and having had long chats with PS, TB and even RM captured me, has put what is past behind me.

We have signed 3 ex championship players in the past few weeks...TB has taken control of the club and means business, we have and are taking the bull by the horns this year and are determined to make our presence felt.

This squad on paper has to succeed, we are really chucking all our eggs in one basket to get out of this dire division by pushing the player budget to the limit (if not beyond). I am really looking forward to the season now and the feel good factor is back.

UTB.

That's what scares me. We've done that before and the **** we went through last season was a direct consequence. Don't ever want us to be in that same position again with two players and a sheepdog going into pre-season.

Agreed though about the buzz. Really exciting team on paper, talent (largely) throughout, balance and a bit of depth to the squad. Looks like we've got every chance this season.

:loyalsupporter:

Agreed all looks rosy (at the moment!) Although the picture on the OS of Coughlan in his budgie smugglers has kinda put me off my dinner tonight!

That's what scares me. We've done that before and the **** we went through last season was a direct consequence. Don't ever want us to be in that same position again with two players and a sheepdog going into pre-season.

Agreed though about the buzz. Really exciting team on paper, talent (largely) throughout, balance and a bit of depth to the squad. Looks like we've got every chance this season.

See your point, but a year long loan and a 1 year contract arent gonna do much more damage to our already precarious position, plus our stance with regards to Easton suggests to me that with TB/sainsburys onboard etc the mistakes of the past will hopefully not occur again.

See your point, but a year long loan and a 1 year contract arent gonna do much more damage to our already precarious position, plus our stance with regards to Easton suggests to me that with TB/sainsburys onboard etc the mistakes of the past will hopefully not occur again.

Don't get me wrong mate. I'm absolutely loving it. Like many I' m sure, I really lost my passion for SUFC last season. The optimism is flooding back now though and I can't wait for the first game of the season!

UTB.

You know what this is the first season I just cant find the love and passion i have had in other years,I didnt care about the fixtures coming out have even renewed my season ticket!!

Yeah i know most of us say each pre season "corr dont think ill bother next year" but this season i really dont think i can yet I feel this is going to be the seasons of all seasons.

I will see what pre season brings and see if I get the buzz back or not .....Sad times in the Pummery mind :(

You know what this is the first season I just cant find the love and passion i have had in other years,I didnt care about the fixtures coming out have even renewed my season ticket!!

Yeah i know most of us say each pre season "corr dont think ill bother next year" but this season i really dont think i can yet I feel this is going to be the seasons of all seasons.

I will see what pre season brings and see if I get the buzz back or not .....Sad times in the Pummery mind :(

Taking his lord's name in vain? :nope: That won't get you far, just ask BarnaBlue.

28/1 for the title.

7/1 to go up.

Corr & Harris in the top 10 for League 2 top goalscorers odds.

I can see those prices coming in as we speak...lump on.

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong mate. I'm absolutely loving it. Like many I' m sure, I really lost my passion for SUFC last season. The optimism is flooding back now though and I can't wait for the first game of the season!

couldnt of put it better myself! after all weve been through of late, i cant wait for the new season!

28/1 for the title.

7/1 to go up.

I already did that, after Johnson signing, we does look a good bet to go up, so I decided to put the bet on, because the odd price will drop down by Augs if we get 1 or 2 more good players in and make a good start to the season.

My feeling for SUFC and the passion is coming back, much as I have passion for Legia Warsaw :D

Yeah the buzz is back for me, felt excited about the Blues yesterday for the first time really since everything that happened!

Just out of interest has anyone got a link to the current list of odds for promotion eg? Ta

Just out of interest has anyone got a link to the current list of odds for promotion eg? Ta

Ive had 7/1 for us to get promotion (still think that Crawley will win the leaugue) at Skybet. Its 25/1 for Southend to win the league there.

Back