• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The celebrity handshakes chain game

Bluetonic

Banned
Simple enough: Think of everyone you've shaken hands with. Then everyone they have shaken hands with. And so on.

If you've shaken a celebrity's hands, that's a celeb in one. If you've shaken the hand of someone who has themselves shaken a celeb's hand, you have that celeb in two.

The bigger the celebrity the better, but the shorter the chain, the more impressive.

Purely for an example, and this one isn't true, but I'm too tired to think of a proper one.

Me > My mate > Adrian Chiles > Ray Stubbs > Pele (in a sauna)

(Side note - virtually nobody has ever shaken hands with the Queen and simply meeting her (or even getting an honour) doesn't count. So anyone wanting to get the Queen has to go through Prince Phillip.)

So what's your greatest claim (taking into account celebrity status and closeness)?

Surely the biggest one has to be Jesus or Hitler?

Not many "celebs"

Me > Rob Newman
Me > James Dean Bradfield

Always dubious of meeting my heroes as they could turn out to be idiots - my ex stood next to Paul Weller at Waterloo Station last week and didn't shake his hand.... not sure I would have done as he's supposed to be a grumpy git...

(Side note - virtually nobody has ever shaken hands with the Queen and simply meeting her (or even getting an honour) doesn't count. So anyone wanting to get the Queen has to go through Prince Phillip.)

So what's your greatest claim (taking into account celebrity status and closeness)?

Surely the biggest one has to be Jesus or Hitler?

If you have shaken hands with certain members of the Royal family then I am sure Hitler was only a few shakes down the chain.

Me > Steve Tilson
Me > Bill Clinton
Me > Peter Forsberg
Me > Terrell Davis
Me > Joe Sakic
Me > My friend > Samuel L. Jackson
Me > My friend > Jennifer Garner

Me, Vik Jobson, Bobby Moore, Pele
Me, Friend (DoP), Val Kilmer, Whoever he knows.
Me, Friend (DoP), his friend Skinny, Kylie Minogue
Me, Lee Montague (actor, look him up here), John Lennon (IMDB), and anyone any of those have ever shaken hands with.

:eek: I hope you got the stains off your shirt.

I had a p!ss next to Peter West once, does that count?

Luckily my shirt stayed clean throughout the brief handshake, I did make sure to scrub my hands clean afterwards though!

As for Peter West I hope you didn't touch him during your encounter with him, but I suppose if you did that might count, although it may disturb many SZers if you trying to touch another guy while taking a wizz.

me> princess diana
me> michael eavis
me> four tet (kieran hebden)
me> stevie hammell
me> alan mccormack
me> my sister> prince phillip

On a celebrity forum elsewhere on the net right now, Stan Collymore, Freddy Eastwood and the supremely important star-gazer and national treasure Russell Grant are claiming to have shaken the hand of South Bank Hank.

For the purposes of this thread, those Zoners who have met me can now add the much-coveted Russell Grant to their lists. No need to thank me.

I'd be surprised if anyone had any of these:

me > Tim Wheeler (of Ash just so everyone can appreciate it) c.2001
me > Phats (from Phats and Small and Vanessa Feltz' love dungeon) c.2003
me > Vin Diesel (countless bad films - he does snowboard quite well though) c.2006

and one that every self-respecting man from my age should have

me > Angus Loughran (STATTO!) c.2007

oh and

me > vast majority of the SUFC team post LDV defeat v Wrexham (Southend footballers - average bunch) c. 2005

Back