• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Checkatrade Trophy - your opinions?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RHB

I'm a Mod too⭐⭐
Staff member
As we start off again on Tuesday on the road to Wembley, this Cup more than anything other generates widely opposing opinions. So just to gauge the temperature of SZ this year, a poll for you to display what you think. Multiple choice allowed.

Of course this competition is good for the club, £10,000 per win in the group stages alone, and a chance for our youth team to tried and tested as well as a chance to push for a position in the first team. and also the opportunity for some key senior members to be rested, or to be broken in, if they have just come back from injury.

I really don't understand why some people who are massively against it, especially what with the new rule changes, where we now only need to field just 4 "first team" out field players in the starting line up. "its money for old rope", as far as i'm concerned. The premier league having been robbing us for years, so now we have an opportunity for some pay back, if they want to throw £3 Million into the prize pot for this competition, why is it wrong from lower league clubs (such as ourselves, and many others) to not snatch their hands off.

Of course this competition is good for the club, £10,000 per win in the group stages alone, and a chance for our youth team to tried and tested as well as a chance to push for a position in the first team. and also the opportunity for some key senior members to be rested, or to be broken in, if they have just come back from injury.

I really don't don't understand some people who are against it, especially what with the new rule changes, where we now only need to field just 4 out field players. "its money for old rope".

Exactly ! Ted, Kyprianou, Ba, McLaughlin, Bridge, Yearwood and Theo need game time, and if they want to start in the first team, this is their ideal opportunity to stake a claim.

Is it really £10,000 a win? If it is then I have just changed my mind about it. I'll never stop hating the name though. They should call it what it really is, Checkapikey.

Is it really £10,000 a win? If it is then I have just changed my mind about it. I'll never stop hating the name though. They should call it what it really is, Checkapikey.

Not sure if your being sacastic or not, but it was last season, however the prize money increased from 1.95 Million to £3 million this year. To put it into contrast (financially wise) we would need to get to the semi Final of the League Cup (which has never happened) in order to gain about the same money from just winning our group matches. We get paid £20,000 for just entering it!

Prize money:

Group stages = £10,000 for a win / £5,000 for a draw

Round Two: £20,000 for a win

Round Three: £40,000 for a win

Quarter Final & Runner up: £50,000 for a win

Winner: £100,000

Money aside, from a fans perspective, it's our best chance to watch our beloved team lift a trophy in a cup competition at Wembley... And you can't put a price on that!

Exactly ! Ted, Kyprianou, Ba, McLaughlin, Bridge, Yearwood and Theo need game time, and if they want to start in the first team, this is their ideal opportunity to stake a claim.

Might even have Woody getting 15 minutes or so!

Not sure if your being sacastic or not, but it was last season, however the prize money increased from 1.95 Million to £3 million this year. To put it into contrast (financially wise) we would need to get to the semi Final of the League Cup (which has never happened) in order to gain about the same money from just winning our group matches. We get paid £20,000 for just entering it!

Prize money:

Group stages = £10,000 for a win / £5,000 for a draw

Round Two: £20,000 for a win

Round Three: £40,000 for a win

Quarter Final & Runner up: £50,000 for a win

Winner: £100,000

Money aside, from a fans perspective, it's our best chance to watch our beloved team lift a trophy in a cup competition at Wembley... And you can't put a price on that!

No sarcasm intended, I genuinely didn't know that.

Back