• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Floval Flyer

Licensed to ill⭐
This is just madness...

Cristiano Ronaldo was offered (and turned down) £1.6m per week to play in China, with a transfer fee of £257m ! :stunned:

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...chinese-club-who-offer-over-85m-annual-salary

Tevez is allegedly on £615k per week. Only one English player in the Chinese league currently, they seem keen on South American and Central European players.

There are a lot of mediocre players on massive salaries, how can this be good for football globally?

How about a Chinese multi-billionaire buying Southend?

This is just madness...

Cristiano Ronaldo was offered (and turned down) £1.6m per week to play in China, with a transfer fee of £257m ! :stunned:

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...chinese-club-who-offer-over-85m-annual-salary

Tevez is allegedly on £615k per week. Only one English player in the Chinese league currently, they seem keen on South American and Central European players.

There are a lot of mediocre players on massive salaries, how can this be good for football globally?

How about a Chinese multi-billionaire buying Southend?

One has already bought a major part of Espanyol.Mr Chan.

No complaints so far.

I made a thread about the Chinese super league a while back and it didn't get a lot of interest. Since then there have been some absolutely crazy fees been paid for some average/good players. Oscar going for £60m is madness and what they're paying for Tevez is beyond crazy.

They really are pushing the boat out to improve their football out there.

Rooney has been offered a cool £700,000 per week or 35 million per year excluding signing fee/transfer fee.

crazy

So after all these crazy transfer fees lately, it seems the Chinese government are going to implement a 100% tax on Chinese clubs purchasing a foreign player (with the intention of using the money raised to put back into childhood roots football).

I kinda like the idea in theory, but in reality I don't think it will work. My take on it is, that the Billionaire owners of some Chinese clubs play these high wages to raise awareness of the game and more fans would attend to see their own personal legends in real life (rather than on a play station etc).

Yet on the other hand, what good would it do to see teams full of "foreign" players at the expense of Chinese players & their national team's success? (our own Premier League springs to mind).

I guess, at the end of the day, it boils down to money & if China actually puts the money gained from the tax back into grass roots football.

So after all these crazy transfer fees lately, it seems the Chinese government are going to implement a 100% tax on Chinese clubs purchasing a foreign player (with the intention of using the money raised to put back into childhood roots football).

I kinda like the idea in theory, but in reality I don't think it will work. My take on it is, that the Billionaire owners of some Chinese clubs play these high wages to raise awareness of the game and more fans would attend to see their own personal legends in real life (rather than on a play station etc).

Yet on the other hand, what good would it do to see teams full of "foreign" players at the expense of Chinese players & their national team's success? (our own Premier League springs to mind).

I guess, at the end of the day, it boils down to money & if China actually puts the money gained from the tax back into grass roots football.

It's likely just about the government getting a big slice of the money. It's not very well known but the Chinese league actually only lets you have 3 non-Chinese players on the pitch at any one time (I suspect this is why clubs can afford these massive transfer fees, premier league clubs have to spread their budget across a squad of world class players whilst the vast majority of a Chinese budget only has to cover 3 players). Whilst the fees are ridiculous having 3 high quality players per team probably does help the local players develop their game and the restrictions mean local players aren't under threat from fading out like the Premier League. Given this I can't see why you'd want to put more barriers up for everything other than financial reasons.

I live in China (Shanghai) and have done for the last 4 years. Been to a selection of games and have some good friends that work for various coaching and scouting networks here. Often drafted over by the Chinese from Premier League Clubs.

Lots of the comments in these posts are complete rumor and speculation. I am very confident that most it is red top paper gossip. Lots of assumptions. Was thinking of writing an article for AAS about a few tales and matches that I've seen here. In fact, i'm heading to watch Shanghai Shenhua (Poyet, Tevez & Ramieres' team) Vs Beijing in the Chinese Football Association Cup tonight.

I live in China (Shanghai) and have done for the last 4 years. Been to a selection of games and have some good friends that work for various coaching and scouting networks here. Often drafted over by the Chinese from Premier League Clubs.

Lots of the comments in these posts are complete rumor and speculation. I am very confident that most it is red top paper gossip. Lots of assumptions. Was thinking of writing an article for AAS about a few tales and matches that I've seen here. In fact, i'm heading to watch Shanghai Shenhua (Poyet, Tevez & Ramieres' team) Vs Beijing in the Chinese Football Association Cup tonight.
Definitely write a piece for AAS, that'd be great.

Back