• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Class of '20

How are the youngsters going to survive without that midfield ball winning enforcer, like Hyam was...Or that commanding, put his head through a brick wall CB, like Kiernan......With Cox gone we don't even have a social secretary and no chance of drunken fights amongst the players.......Why cant we get another ex England manager, perhaps one with the second best brain in football. Then is these unpredictable and difficult times ahead, at least the young lads would know the door is always shut

You cant just find that sort of experience any day of the week.....We need to act fast, before you know it there will be a further lockdown, no fans and clubs like Mansfield and Bolton will be bust long before us.....I don't want to be last.

Last edited:
We had experience in abundance at the start of last season and a manager who’d been assistant to Redknapp at a very successful period at Tottenham and who’d been around the game all his life. To be honest, I’ll be pleased to see 11 men out there putting some graft in and wanting to play for Southend. We ain’t going up but with the right spirit we can stay up and build for the future. No more chancers looking for a final payday. Someone like Currie would have the contacts and know how to get the few streetwise additions in as required. I think we could surprise a few people.

We had experience in abundance at the start of last season and a manager who’d been assistant to Redknapp at a very successful period at Tottenham and who’d been around the game all his life. To be honest, I’ll be pleased to see 11 men out there putting some graft in and wanting to play for Southend. We ain’t going up but with the right spirit we can stay up and build for the future. No more chancers looking for a final payday. Someone like Currie would have the contacts and know how to get the few streetwise additions in as required. I think we could surprise a few people.

As above but replace Currie with Fagan, he already knows most of the players and has far better contacts throughout the game along with being respected. I'm not overly confident we will actually sign any new players next season so it might well be loans that get players into the squad.

As above but replace Currie with Fagan, he already knows most of the players and has far better contacts throughout the game along with being respected. I'm not overly confident we will actually sign any new players next season so it might well be loans that get players into the squad.
Fagan works also. Hard working ambitious appointment targeting hungry players with a bit of bottle .. even if they’re from the National League .. over “the likes of” Kiernan and Ridgewell for me, any day. If we start this next season like last season I fear we’re ****ed.

We already have a few experienced heads with Tim Dieng, Mark Oxley, John White, Nathan Ralph and Jason Demetriou. Chuck in 3 more and I will be confident of a stable season. (Dependant as well on what management team Ron appoints)

Oxley and Demi could well be off yet. Their wages aren’t conducive to a Lg2 club’s budget, even with a 25% reduction clause.

Whitey is exactly what we need. Dedicated professional, captain & leader.

As for Dieng, no ta. There’s a reason some players hated playing alongside him. He’s severely lacking in testicular fortitude.

Oxley and Demi could well be off yet. Their wages aren’t conducive to a Lg2 club’s budget, even with a 25% reduction clause.

Whitey is exactly what we need. Dedicated professional, captain & leader.

As for Dieng, no ta. There’s a reason some players hated playing alongside him. He’s severely lacking in testicular fortitude.

Unfortunately Diengs extra year was implemented.......Coasts through games and avoids tackle at CM....The way to get value is at CB in L2.

No one will sign, I only get fit for Cyprus, Demetriou on his wages even with a 25% cut.......Oxley might get a move.

Could clubs furlough high earning players as from a business point of view they will be far to restricted and only partly open.

Reactions: GBJ
I think that the team that finished the season before lock down was really mustard.
The youngsters were class, they looked real good keeping the ball on the floor and passing it back and forth with confidence, then bang,, goal.
They really did play for the badge and not so much the money.
They were forced to play at a higher level than they should have normally been.
But by heck, they grabbed the bull by the horns and ran with it as far as they could.
So yes, we are going to get promoted as champions next season.
Come on you blues.
@GBJ what was it you said recently about fans managing expectations? :Smile:

Reactions: GBJ
Unfortunately Diengs extra year was implemented.......Coasts through games and avoids tackle at CM....The way to get value is at CB in L2.

No one will sign, I only get fit for Cyprus, Demetriou on his wages even with a 25% cut.......Oxley might get a move.

Could clubs furlough high earning players as from a business point of view they will be far to restricted and only partly open.

You can't furlough anyone any more. The scheme runs until October but only for those already furloughed.

Back