• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The clear out

Which players will still be here next season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
Which of these players do you think will still be here next season.

I’ve tried to identify in brackets who is still under contract, otherwise they are out of contract.

Players under contract would need to be paid off/find a club to take them.
Players on loan would need to be released by their parent clubs at the end of their contracts.

I've voted, there are some easy decisions there on White and Demi, if we are building for success they both need to bid farewell, although I suspect that Demi might end up with a player-coach role for next season.

I've got a sneaky feeling we will end up with one of the Loanees signing full time, of the 3 I suspect Lopata will be the one.

Akinola I think will stay for a season, it'll be good to see how he performs in a decent side.

As for the youngsters Clifford & Colin are must keeps, the rest not so much

If they enjoy their football with us and settled down and want to be part of our history by getting us out of the league, they will stay with us.
I can’t see us signing any of the loanees on a perm contract I’m afraid ….especially Lopata who for me is the pick of the bunch

We must have also identified targets among those who will be out of contract in the close season. Their identity will surely have a bearing on whom we decide to keep.

If they enjoy their football with us and settled down and want to be part of our history by getting us out of the league, they will stay with us.
Sign Dennis Harrison neal and Laporta
You will find that neither Lopata nor Neal will be anywhere near Southend United next season. They feature highly in Sheffield Utd's plans for the future and we are purely giving them some further education in the mans' game, nothing more.

You will find that neither Lopata nor Neal will be anywhere near Southend United next season. They feature highly in Sheffield Utd's plans for the future and we are purely giving them some further education in the mans' game, nothing more.
Both are out of contract at Sheffield Utd, unless they hand them new contract!

I don’t know a huge amount about the last 10 named players, other than I believe Oli Coker and Tommy Davis are prospects.

Anyone know much about the other youngsters

I've voted, there are some easy decisions there on White and Demi, if we are building for success they both need to bid farewell, although I suspect that Demi might end up with a player-coach role for next season.

I've got a sneaky feeling we will end up with one of the Loanees signing full time, of the 3 I suspect Lopata will be the one.

Akinola I think will stay for a season, it'll be good to see how he performs in a decent side.

As for the youngsters Clifford & Colin are must keeps, the rest not so much
It’s funny isn’t it, all the young players that back in L1/L2 people were crying out to have thrown in the team seem to have just not made the grade or haven’t taken their opportunity and forced their way in. Clifford is definitely the pick of the bunch. Hopefully some will go on to have good careers elsewhere (Rush, Egbri, Howard, Gard, Phillips, Kinali) but I think the emphasis now is on recruitment for the future and I’d be surprised to see any of them return. We’ll be looking for upgraded versions. Of course I’d love a couple to prove me wrong.

Tis true...we need to accept this.

Reactions: Jai
The loan players will kick onto the football league now.

A big clear out is still needed tho plus we will need to replace the loan players with similar or better talent. That will be the difficult part

It’s funny isn’t it, all the young players that back in L1/L2 people were crying out to have thrown in the team seem to have just not made the grade or haven’t taken their opportunity and forced their way in. Clifford is definitely the pick of the bunch. Hopefully some will go on to have good careers elsewhere (Rush, Egbri, Howard, Gard, Phillips, Kinali) but I think the emphasis now is on recruitment for the future and I’d be surprised to see any of them return. We’ll be looking for upgraded versions. Of course I’d love a couple to prove me wrong.
It's almost like someone at the club overassessed these youngsters and had too much sway on giving them contracts.

That said don't forget we lost our most promising youngsters to bigger clubs

I can't see any of the loanees staying, sadly.

I also think there will be a big clear out of older players and young players who don't form part of our long term plans, with maybe Demi being retained as a squad player and coaching position. I'm also hoping Dunne finds another club. Of the youth products, I think we'll keep Clifford and Benton.

It's almost like someone at the club overassessed these youngsters and had too much sway on giving them contracts.

That said don't forget we lost our most promising youngsters to bigger clubs
Ha! Yeah it’s a bit like that and fans overrating them because our first team was so poor.
And yup, losing Bishop, Kelman and Hutchinson when we did was a blow but I totally see their reasoning for going.

Can but hope to sign at least one of the loan players but given the current permanent signings already made, you can feel that they would have alternatives hopefully ready to go.

I can see Atkinson and Demetriou staying on recent form. The real question is John White, maybe time to say goodbye.

Can but hope to sign at least one of the loan players but given the current permanent signings already made, you can feel that they would have alternatives hopefully ready to go.

I can see Atkinson and Demetriou staying on recent form. The real question is John White, maybe time to say goodbye.
He hasn't even made the bench for over a month, this was a season too far for him, he's been a great servant and deserves to captain the side on the last match of the season before he retires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back