• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The clear out

Which players will still be here next season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Due to our ongoing financial situation it will be a summer of 'underwhelmed' type comments.

Some of those leaving this week will have a touch of mutual consent about it. Posters on here will claim they are easily upgraded but if the word is you may no get paid. Then I guess we can only expect young lads playing at a lower level, rather than Michael Cheek or even Mark Noble :Facepalm:type signings

Due to our ongoing financial situation it will be a summer of 'underwhelmed' type comments.

Some of those leaving this week will have a touch of mutual consent about it. Posters on here will claim they are easily upgraded but if the word is you may no get paid. Then I guess we can only expect young lads playing at a lower level, rather than Michael Cheek or even Mark Noble :Facepalm:type signings
well great way to dash everyone’s hopes on a Wednesday. Think I’d rather listen to stans positivity. If our budget is as said unchanged then this seems rather inaccurate and a downer let’s see first .

Last edited:

Blimey that's shot my dreams for my OAP cheap season ticket I was expecting Mbappe to sign

I don’t think people were underwhelmed by the signings - or subsequent play - of either Noor Husin or Harry Cardwell.

well great way to dash everyone’s hopes on a Monday. Think I’d rather listen to stans positivity. If our budget is as said unchanged then this seems rather inaccurate
Sometimes hype will stir the crowd, lets wait and see .....

Mind you didn't he say Stadium would be announced though credit due didn't announce the year

I know you're one for tempering expectations due to what you know, but this is pessimistic even for you!

The cash flow situation isn't going to change until the Fossetts build starts and injects some funds, or RM leaves. But there weren't any missing wages for players that I heard about last season. With TL on the case, I'm confident that he will continue to keep the club's head just above the water and with next season's budget supposedly being the same as this season's was, we should be OK. Especially considering the amount of players that will be leaving and the fact that we got rid of Bwomono off the payroll last week.

That's without mentioning the fact that you don't necessarily need a huge budget to do well in this division (see Sutton, Harrogate and Halifax) and the fact that well-scouted gems from the divisions below are not necessarily 'underwhelming'.

I don’t think people were underwhelmed by the signings - or subsequent play - of either Noor Husin or Harry Cardwell.

People are now not underwhelmed by Arnold or Dalby but they certainly were last summer.

My point is if we sign young hungry diamonds then fans need to be patient and don't expect us to be top of the league by the end of September. Even if we have a good preseason then it will take proper game time for the likes of Kensdale, Powell, Davies, Wood or Benton etc.

People are now not underwhelmed by Arnold or Dalby but they certainly were last summer.

My point is if we sign young hungry diamonds then fans need to be patient and don't expect us to be top of the league by the end of September. Even if we have a good preseason then it will take proper game time for the likes of Kensdale, Powell, Davies, Wood or Benton etc.
I’m people and I certainly wasn’t underwhelmed by Dalby

This is more like it!

Good size, good age (turns 22 in a couple of months), got good experience for his age. Was highly thought of not so long ago.

Don't read too much into the goalscoring stats at his age and remember how Tom Hopper, Barry Corr matured into scorers in their mid-20s.

I certainly was though underwhelmed by the likes of Dunne, who you don’t mention and who I had to bite my tongue on, in a summer recruitment class that turned out overall underwhelming and over the hill - as predicted by some.

Certainly we’ll need a higher hit rate than we managed last summer but I think the other point is that signing players like Wood and Powell allows us to have more rolls of the dice than offering a big fat contract to the likes of Rhys Murphy.

I recognise that a big rebuild is required. That’s been started but it hasn’t been finished. I’m not expecting us to be top by the end of September but I expect us to look like we’re actually progressing rather than rapidly regressing.

Riggers like Ron has never really taken to the notion in the past of taking young players from the lower league, hes mostly slated it and anyone suggesting it
Hes having to eat a lot of humble at the moment , especially given Stans enthusiasm for it, and the evidence of the Brentford model, so give him some slack whilst he recovers from the shock of whats going on

Riggers like Ron has never really taken to the notion in the past of taking young players from the lower league, hes mostly slated it and anyone suggesting it
Hes having to eat a lot of humble at the moment , especially given Stans enthusiasm for it, and the evidence of the Brentford model, so give him some slack whilst he recovers from the shock of whats going on

Unlike you Barry, I'm one of those people who actually goes to games, including some youth games. We know that a successful team needs a good mixture of experience and youth.

Harrison Neal has been our best player since Christmas in the toughest position. That is down to character not age.

Again unlike you I want the best we can get for our budget regardless of age. You have some wild agenda every summer. Bury will win L1 because they signed 15 players before us was one of my favourites.

Do let us know this years 'theory'

The size of the budget doesn't matter, it is how you spend it. I have a great deal of confidence that this years budget will be spent wisely.I am not expecting immediate results, but confident that we will start an awful lot better than most of recent the seasons.

Unlike you Barry, I'm one of those people who actually goes to games, including some youth games. We know that a successful team needs a good mixture of experience and youth.

Harrison Neal has been our best player since Christmas in the toughest position. That is down to character not age.

Again unlike you I want the best we can get for our budget regardless of age. You have some wild agenda every summer. Bury will win L1 because they signed 15 players before us was one of my favourites.

Do let us know this years 'theory'

What a load of desperate tosh on your behalf

I do go to youth games funnily enough , perhaps you would like to take that first insult back
I watch the yoof at Gillingham regularly and attend many other games , One of your other classic attempted insults, which is a penchant of yours , was your classics to state that I was a Gillingham supporter ! just because I happen to live here

Ive also helped bail Southend out with a very large Sum , maybe it helped save the club and enable you to range free on here? Have you??
Ive suspect because of my tender years ive seen more games than you might as well!!

Do try harder only c- for that last post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back