• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The clear out

Which players will still be here next season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
James Dunne might have been that type of player once. That he isn’t now is down to age rather than character though?
I don't think we can leave ability completely out of the equation. Character or even being the right age won't get you far without the ability required to perform at whatever level you want to play.

FWIW I think Dunne's character is solid, by all accounts get a great pro to have around- he has as I understand an ongoing knee problem that he just plays through. Of course wear and tear is a function of age..

Anyhow my observation was lets not forget ability and as the song goes at our level sometimes two out of three aint bad.. if we can find incomings with bags of character and ability aged 21-26 the unconfined joy. £££ may dictate some compromise may be not.

While I get it is nice to know who is staying and who is going, we have to remember we finished after some of the FL divisions finished (only play off teams still playing) and i don't think they have all issued their lists as yet

James Dunne might have been that type of player once. That he isn’t now is down to age rather than character though?
Yorkshire we do get it. I know your hatred of all things PB clouds all thought. It wouldn't of mattered who got the job last summer, they would have had trouble recruiting. Even Mayer certainly couldn't have made 15 rough diamond NLS type signings.

As you may have noticed Jack Bridge isn't strong enough to play at CM Benton not experienced enough. Gard, Kinali and Phillips not goon enough.....As team selection by our manger proves

So with Hussin injured that leaves Dunne and Atknison. Not sure what was the worst moment for you this season Will wining MOMs or Jimmy scoring that goal.

Wouldn't we all love a 21 year old Peter Butler and Tilly but we are a financially struggling NL club right now. Stan or no Stan beggars who don't pay their bill cant be choosers....Says the relative of a player who wont be here next season

ouch ..

mind you I predict a series of injuries next year .... .... caused by throwing himself to the ground in between walking around shouting ..
To be fair to Murphy he was scoring goals in a side that was trying to get relegated and not fully over the "Southend 0" mentality. In a decent team creating opportunities I suspect he would be very difficult to replace and is the only 20+ a season capable striker we have (i wouldn't wager too much we will be getting another in over the summer..).

I wonder how much of the trying to win free kicks (or throwing himself to the ground) reflected playing up on his own with striking partners and a midfield a taxi ride away in terms support.

We will see. PS I understand that your post reads as partly in jest :-)

Oh dear Riggers

Next irrational insult

Are we heading for another ban?

"Yorkshire we do get it. I know your hatred of all things PB clouds all thought.

I get that but sure they have been told by now plenty of other clubs have released there lists . If we really want to be ahead of the curve need to act now

Ok, i'll bite. How does Southend United not yet announcing their retained list stop us from being ahead of the curve?

Just because it hasn't been announced, doesn't mean the decisions haven't been made and the relevant conversations had.

Do feel free to pop on here next time you have a review at your workplace and let us know how it went.

Yorkshire we do get it. I know your hatred of all things PB clouds all thought. It wouldn't of mattered who got the job last summer, they would have had trouble recruiting. Even Mayer certainly couldn't have made 15 rough diamond NLS type signings.

As you may have noticed Jack Bridge isn't strong enough to play at CM Benton not experienced enough. Gard, Kinali and Phillips not goon enough.....As team selection by our manger proves

So with Hussin injured that leaves Dunne and Atknison. Not sure what was the worst moment for you this season Will wining MOMs or Jimmy scoring that goal.

Wouldn't we all love a 21 year old Peter Butler and Tilly but we are a financially struggling NL club right now. Stan or no Stan beggars who don't pay their bill cant be choosers....Says the relative of a player who wont be here next season
That’s the problem though. Neither Dunne or Atkinson are good enough IMO. Nothing to do with who signed them, just the number of times they give the ball away or don’t reach it in the first place. They are both out of contract I believe. So that’s the decision. Stick or roll the dice. I know what I would do, but Kev is in the job and his opinion counts. If they do stay I’d love to be proved wrong. If they depart I wish them all the best. Effort was never lacking from either of them

The sun is shining, we're not in bad shape and it's early doors on pre season, so let's just cut out the personal attacks on posters and try to get along. Failing that just stay on discussing stuff. Thanks all. And yes, that does mean deletions if anyone chooses to ignore this request.

I find this obsession about the retained list by some on here quite bizarre. How on Earth does it make any difference to these individuals life? it does, however, make a huge difference to the lives of the players not on that list.

Nor does it reflect on the running of the club at all. Just because it hasn't been made public here, doesn't mean these matters aren't being handled behind the scenes.

Edit: oh, and now it has been published!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back