• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

the clique

graysblue

Banned
are they for real? jeez any debate not conforming to their taste and they pounce like a pack of wild dogs.

at times they are ill mannered and just rant!!!

to top it all one poster PMd me demanding i show him respect.

these people have never heard of freedom of speech or putting it another way freedom of speech is ok as long as the clique agrees.

anyone else noticed how they all defend each other,meaning anyone who disagrees suddenly finds they are answering several replies at once.

terrible shower.

REMEMBER PEOPLE DIED FOR FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

are they for real? jeez any debate not conforming to their taste and they pounce like a pack of wild dogs.

these people have never heard of freedom of speech or putting it another way freedom of speech is ok as long as the clique agrees.

anyone else noticed how they all defend each other,meaning anyone who disagrees suddenly finds they are answering several replies at once.

terrible shower.

:D Swear filter not working Mods, use of the C-word was banned I thought?

terrible shower.

They all answer the same because they have the same views, nothing wrong with that. However, I have vastly different views to a lot of posters on here but we can often get along and debate a subject without resorting to insults.

I think its fair that if you make statements about things that appear to be fact - as in the election thread -, you should have the link/information to hand if you want people to take you seriously.

And to call them (the clique?) a terrible shower is unfair just because they have differing views. If you want a sensible debate on here, you can always get one but its not a place for everyone to come on and agree with everything all the time or it would be pointless.

Personally I think Osymandus is a complete idiot and i cant understand what he is talking about, but I would never make that public- ooops.

I don't think it helps that some of your views are, at the very least extreme. To be honest, I don't think it matters if there is a clique or not, you have to accept that not alot are going to agree with your view. FYI, I don't necessarily post very often but I've read this board for a good few years now, there are some lads that are friends and have been for a long time. Some who have become friends through uniting through our football club and others who have met through this board themselves. I don't know anyone from this board on personal basis but I've never felt like I've been hunted down by a group or, dare I say it 'a clique'. With regards to respect, sometimes you have to earn it. From what I see, you havn't been on here very long and straight away you're starting arguements (not debates) and threads on some very contentious issues. I'm not surprised people have shot you down. This thread itself is a classic example, I mean, it seems like you're asking for trouble most of the time. I don't consider myself to be any sort of expert, but my advice would be slow down a bit and and be a bit considerate before posting, although I fear you may have already gone too far under your current alias.

I don't think it helps that some of your views are, at the very least extreme

Nothing wrong with that though Shrimperman, we have some extreme left
views as well.

This bit is spot on though:
straight away you're starting arguements (not debates)

terrible shower.

Your more then a match for the all powerful clique Graysie,i think you've got them rattled.
iI don't always agree with your views,but i like your enthusiasm for the debate,and take no ****e attitude.

don't moan about the clique... just keep on sticking to your guns and providing interesting debate!

Oh, theres nothing wrong with having an extreme view, but if you are going to express that view, you have to do it in a considerate way otherwise you're going to get slaughtered, much like GB has.

I think GB could learn a great deal from Rusty Shackleford. Although I've never really debated with him, I quite enjoy reading what they have to say because it is does in reasoned manner.

Oh great. The C word.

Repeat after me, THERE IS NO CLIQUE APART FROM THE SOUTHEND UNITED SUPPORTING ONE.

Oh, theres nothing wrong with having an extreme view, but if you are going to express that view, you have to do it in a considerate way otherwise you're going to get slaughtered, much like GB has.

I think GB could learn a great deal from Rusty Shackleford. Although I've never really debated with him, I quite enjoy reading what they have to say because it is does in reasoned manner.

Karl is a great poster and a top bloke even if he does love Neil Diamond!!! and ow me a pint

kliq.jpg
?

Oh great. The C word.

Repeat after me, THERE IS NO CLIQUE APART FROM THE SOUTHEND UNITED SUPPORTING ONE.

I dont think that was your original post. Youve been quiet today, busy day at Railtrak?

don't moan about the clique... just keep on sticking to your guns and providing interesting debate!

I would say that's pretty good advice
I usually find myself in a small minority on any threads with a religious theme but I've always found that if you stand your ground and argue constructively, and accept people will have diametrically opposing views, then this board is often at its best when we're arguing about serious subjects

Oh great. The C word.

MK - to paraphrase a PM you once sent me - "We all support the greatest team in the Universe, we just don't agree how it (the Universe) was formed"!

If there is a clique it is that we are all Southend United supporters.

This is a messageboard with a diverse membership with people from all walks of life and of different beliefs, if we all had the same ideas & beliefs then life would be pretty boring.

As the great philosopher said you may talk utter bollocks but I will defend your right to do so until death. The only proviso is that stated at the entrance of the pub.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at the PM part. I too have been in this situation whilst discussing Southend United. Thats why i dont post in that part of the forum that often, people take it way too seriously.

Freedom of speech indeed, I may not always like the slant you put on your posts GB but I think SZ would be a duller place without you.

Keep on keeping on, keep on keeping strong! Don't let the ****ers get you down.

Back