• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Consortium and Ron exchange contracts... so when will they be signed??

It's the 5th of February today. Local elections are over two months away.
They are, but if council business such as the agreement we need cannot happen in say the month or 6 weeks before (and I'm not saying that's the case), then the urgency increases

In which case is there anyone who would like to 'lose' something similar to that amount in my direction?
If the situation drags on with council they would be losing a lot more, they still have creditors to pay off (**** knows how much that will be) I'm sure they aren't to happy to keep paying out considering they don't even own the club. Who to say the deal won't collapse, happens in football all the time.

Ron needs the FF houses to safeguard his family's financial future. Other family members may hold assets but they all rely on the same income stream.
He already has planning for a ton of houses there agreed, though he wants the extra 500 which atm he still has planning for at RH.

The only thing that has actually changed hands is the football club and its debt.

It has gone quiet for some while now & I find it hard to believe that the consortium aren't concerned. Saying "have faith" or "it will be all right" doesn't really cut the mustard.

I don't mind the council taking some time - getting the development "right" is important & will be there for many many years - a little while longer makes sense especially if there are a number of interested parties who have valid points of view to take into account now that the football ground is not being constructed.

I remain optimistic as I can't see any other way through this but I would like to see some sort of timetable.

They’re not overly concerned but are pretty frustrated and p****d off. It appears that it’s the council’s lawyers that are dragging their feet.
Obviously I don't know the inner workings here, i.e. exactly where this has actually got to and what's going on.

However, the council's legal team is doing due diligence. Due diligence cannot be expedited. As somebody else said to me today, it takes as long as it takes. It needs to be absolutely watertight legally. The council is treading a remarkably thin line here and just the slightest foot wrong could land those involved at the council in jail for gross misconduct in public office. It's a democratic and legal process and corners can't be cut - serious stuff.

I don't personally have any concerns about whether it will go through but, as difficult as it is, we need to be patient.

i'm actually going to stick up for the council here. remember they are in charge of public money, and several people there will be legally responsible for this decision and many others like it. they can't just drop everything they do day to day and focus only on Southend United. Then remember they're dealing with an absolute weapons grade **** (possibly ****s). in that situation, wouldn't you want to check and double check every dot and comma?

It has gone quiet for some while now & I find it hard to believe that the consortium aren't concerned. Saying "have faith" or "it will be all right" doesn't really cut the mustard.

I don't mind the council taking some time - getting the development "right" is important & will be there for many many years - a little while longer makes sense especially if there are a number of interested parties who have valid points of view to take into account now that the football ground is not being constructed.

I remain optimistic as I can't see any other way through this but I would like to see some sort of timetable.
If they were concerned, why would they be pumping money into the club?

I would imagine they are frustrated, we all are, but I think the outcome is all but certain

Back