• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Consortium and Ron exchange contracts... so when will they be signed??

If they were concerned, why would they be pumping money into the club?

I would imagine they are frustrated, we all are, but I think the outcome is all but certain
The implication from the evening with consortium was that we would have folded - they reached a point where they had to go for it or there would be nothing to buy.

I suspect they've done all they can to secure their investment, and I'm optimistic the takeover will complete. But the sale was conditional, if it turns out those conditions cannot be met, then I guess we're toast.

He already has planning for a ton of houses there agreed, though he wants the extra 500 which atm he still has planning for at RH.

The only thing that has actually changed hands is the football club and its debt.

500 x 250k per property minimum = 125,000,000.

That's not pocket change. Even after expenses and taxes etc I'd say that there is an additional 80,000,000 profit.

That's a huge amount.

500 x 250k per property minimum = 125,000,000.

That's not pocket change. Even after expenses and taxes etc I'd say that there is an additional 80,000,000 profit.

That's a huge amount.
less the £20 mill back to the COSU.

Poor Ratty and Son only getting £60 mill

He already has planning for a ton of houses there agreed, though he wants the extra 500 which atm he still has planning for at RH.

The only thing that has actually changed hands is the football club and its debt.
It might be a technicality but doesn’t he have planning permission for bugger all?

The permission as I understand it is phased, it requires the stadium to be built first. So he can’t just start building any houses at any time until the existing permission is changed.

Happy to be corrected by thoses who understand this better

It might be a technicality but doesn’t he have planning permission for bugger all?

The permission as I understand it is phased, it requires the stadium to be built first. So he can’t just start building any houses at any time until the existing permission is changed.

He will have to either go for a revised consent of the existing planning permission at FF or submit a new application for a residential only scheme.

The S.106 Agreement will have to be revised Including the phasing.This will take years based on RM’s past progress!

He has planning permission with conditions attached. He either needs to vary the conditions - allowed for 'minor' changes, submit a new application or build what has permission (the stadium doesn't have to be for Southend United)

I would agree that it appears he doesn't have feasible planning permission currently.

From memory - Under the current permission he can start the housing but they cannot be occupied until stadium phase 1 is built.

Reactions: jnl
He has planning permission with conditions attached. He either needs to vary the conditions - allowed for 'minor' changes, submit a new application or build what has permission (the stadium doesn't have to be for Southend United)

I would agree that it appears he doesn't have feasible planning permission currently.

From memory - Under the current permission he can start the housing but they cannot be occupied until stadium phase 1 is built.

This part caught my eye - I have little knowledge of this but I believe that building companies often sell houses "off plan" (i.e. before they are built) in order to assist with their cash flow and like to get people living in part of the development as soon as possible.

If the people buying off plan aim to make a profit (by effectively betting on the rise in house prices) then the occupancy won't be too much of an issue perhaps. If you are looking to buy a house to just live in (I know - quite an old fashioned approach) then that is another kettle of fish, yes?

Reactions: jnl
cant get my head around the meeting and said agreement with the leader of the council and ron in december .Some say it was a finace agreement .But hearing what justin ress said on BBC ESSEX the day after meet the concortium .He did say an agreement has been reached to shift the 500 hourses earmarked for roothall to be placed in the fossets farm instead of the stadium .So if such agreement was reached what the hell is slowing it down .Is it Ron or is it the council or a bit of both .

cant get my head around the meeting and said agreement with the leader of the council and ron in december .Some say it was a finace agreement .But hearing what justin ress said on BBC ESSEX the day after meet the concortium .He did say an agreement has been reached to shift the 500 hourses earmarked for roothall to be placed in the fossets farm instead of the stadium .So if such agreement was reached what the hell is slowing it down .Is it Ron or is it the council or a bit of both .
Its again a case of Heads of Terms agreed but now SCC seem to be doing all the due diligence. Seems to me slowly but then someone else will come on and say they are moving at break-neck speed unheard of in the public sector..All the feedback is that it will happen so we have to be patient (I guess the consortium would be piling on some pressure if they were concerned..)

Tommy I think the issue is that although the leader of the ruling group has accepted Ron's plan local government is a democracy and it requires at least cabinet approval. As I have previously said I would like unanimous approval from every councillor and I think that should happen. In order for the council to agree the plan they require a report from their officers, covering all the legal and contractual issues. It is even more complex because of the fact the council are a partner in all this and eventually will own part of the FF scheme. The report will be pages long and it is not inconceivable that the council will buy in some expert option from barristers.

I am sure the sale will all go through eventually but understand that it is far from a straightforward process legally for the Council, they have to properly process whatever they have indicated will be approved to pacify the Rats to get the deal done. Patience needed for everyone,

6-8 weeks then. Hardly helps the mood does it? Whole club is in flux and it’s up to poor Kev and his amigos to recreate that siege mentally, they must all be worn out.

Certainly frustrating. There has to be a limit to what the Consortium are prepared to finance without being the Legal Owners. Think we will all have to be patient and not go into meltdown after every poor result. The important thing is we still have a football club to support. That seemed unlikely back in August.

We also have a Consortium that care and will succeed.

6-8 weeks then. Hardly helps the mood does it? Whole club is in flux and it’s up to poor Kev and his amigos to recreate that siege mentally, they must all be worn out.
That’s 6-8 weeks if the winds firmly on our side … let’s look at it this way, at the movement the consortium are nothing more than what Tara Brady was to Ron a, a fund being lied to , to finance his pipe dream

I’ve said a couple of times in recent weeks, at what point do we as a fanbase and with the backing of the fan groups start asking questions of the council and kicking up a bit of a fuss?

This is dragging on too long and is going to cause problems for pre-season at this rate.

I’ve said a couple of times in recent weeks, at what point do we as a fanbase and with the backing of the fan groups start asking questions of the council and kicking up a bit of a fuss?

This is dragging on too long and is going to cause problems for pre-season at this rate.
With council elections in May then unless they hear it and resolve it in March it could very well not be heard until Late May

Back