• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Whilst coming to work this morning I found solace in my Southend United golf brolley, purchased from the official shop I hasten to add. The weather being very blustery and driving rain would cause me no problems I thought to myself, knowing the club had sourced out the best merchandise it could. Like Marks and Spencers who tried out 30 different potatoes before deciding fluffy Maris Pipers were the best for use on their cottage pie.
I was no further than 50 yards from my house when the brolley blew inside out leaving me at the peril of the sheets of rain. as i stood there fighting the brolley much to the amusement of car drivers I felt like a parent in tiswas trapped in the gunge tank.
Soaked through.
The trains were all delayed too
mad.gif

I shall be sending uncle Ron a dry cleaning bill.

It is a golf umbrella, therefore it should only be used for sinking crucial putts, not as a protection from the elements.

And my sodding trains were late too - curses on c2c.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ Nov. 03 2005,10:10)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Flying Scotsman @ Nov. 03 2005,10:08)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ Nov. 03 2005,10:06)]The weather being very blustery
Theres your problem. Doesn't matter what umbrella you've got!
Haven't you got anything better to do like think up spoof sms text messages than defend the club?  
biggrin.gif
Your a legend Artful long may you reign

cockles

I've just received an SMS from the club saying you shouldn't use your umbrella in blustery conditions. Didn't you get the message?
wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Flying Scotsman @ Nov. 03 2005,10:27)]I've just received an SMS from the club saying you shouldn't use your umbrella in blustery conditions. Didn't you get the message?
wow.gif
laugh.gif

But then again I thought this is obvious advice...!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ Nov. 03 2005,10:06)]Whilst coming to work this morning I found solace in my Southend United golf brolley, purchased from the official shop I hasten to add. The weather being very blustery and driving rain would cause me no problems I thought to myself, knowing the club had sourced out the best merchandise it could. Like Marks and Spencers who tried out 30 different potatoes before deciding fluffy Maris Pipers were the best for use on their cottage pie.
I was no further than 50 yards from my house when the brolley blew inside out leaving me at the peril of the sheets of rain. as i stood there fighting the brolley much to the amusement of car drivers I felt like a parent in tiswas trapped in the gunge tank.
Soaked through.
The trains were all delayed too  
mad.gif

I shall be sending uncle Ron a dry cleaning bill.
Artful, you weren't using this umbrella at a recent Manchester City Youth Academy match? My mate is City's academy physio and someone was watching the U18's with a Southend umbrella!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Clarky_Blues @ Nov. 03 2005,11:06)]Artful, you weren't using this umbrella at a recent Manchester City Youth Academy match?  My mate is City's academy physio and someone was watching the U18's with a Southend umbrella!
oops.gif
no not me...must have been a goater fan eh?

Back