• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

sufcalways

Manager
After some unexpected news this week from the club, I've started to wonder what will happen with the club within the next few seasons. Will we challenge for promotion with yet another small squad?

What type of players will we sign within the next few months young/experienced?

Fortunately for the club, my estimates are usually wrong and I have a strange feeling that we may be lying mid table maybe lower this season. Can we challenge the likes of Col U and Orient like we have in recent seasons or will we be battling out to survive in league one?

Please give me some of your views and make me less paranoid!

:support:

Its all part of the cycle of life. The club has seen it before and its a paradox of having a successful season. It would have made no difference if we had got promotion last year in fact it probably would have been worse with the club picked clean of our tallent that got us there. If this new rule with limited foreign players comes about its bound to have a knock on effect through the leagus with the best home grown tallent and something we and other clubs our size will have to learn to expect......all bloody depressing.

Its far too early to tell. We've made 2 signings so far this summer and both look very promising.

We have released 5 players and the majority of them where predicted.

We have 7 on the transfer list, the last three being a major shock, but the first 4 where obvious and not many can complain about them.

At the end of the day Francis, Bailey and Clarke could still be here next season, along with Flavs and Gower.

I'll make my judgement at the beginning of the season, then we will know the players we have brought in and the players who have stayed. Its going to be a long summer, and I can't wait. We never do it easy at Southend.

I think there is a lot of over reation going on at the moment with all the recent news. Anything can happen yet

it can go one of 2 ways..Crap or Good..who knows? That why we love the club.
If you cant handle it, go support The Ar.se or ManUre, where its predictable and you get upset if you finish out of the top 3 of the premiershite.

One things for sure, with so many players to replace, Tilsons going to have to go shopping a lot earlyer than he has in the past, unless we are going to sign 8 or 9 players on the last day of the transfer window.

As I see it we werent good enough this season so it was time for a change. Some of those we will chose some are enforced but sure we will be ok.

Lets wait and see what materialises without 2 +2 and coming up with 9
I am sure there is activity going on behind the scenes that we know nothing about.
I am reserving judgement and will be taking up my seat as per usual next season

As I see it we werent good enough this season so it was time for a change. Some of those we will chose some are enforced but sure we will be ok.

Absolutely right. Im sure Tilly, after watching us get mullered by donny, must have just decided that he had to get rid of the dead wood i.e. hunty, wilson etc if he wanted to get promoted this season. And tbh, if Clarke, bailey, gower, flavs, franny all go, it isnt the end of the world becuase they didnt get us up this season and they are meant to be the nucleus of the side. Some fresh faces will do this club the world of good

How do you know we'll have a small squad? We have until 31st August to sign players.

Back