• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question The Col Ewe match

danburyshrimper

Manager
Apologies if it's been mentioned elsewhere & ive missed it .... But Brown a week or so ago said that there was a reason why we lost to Col Ewe that he would keep secret until the end of the season ---sounded like maybe a juicy incident?

So anybody knows exactly what happened?

My guess is maybe a disciplinary matter with Akinola & Nathaniel-George perhaps - as they were arguably our 2 best attackers yet not been seen since

Any ideas people?

Apologies if it's been mentioned elsewhere & ive missed it .... But Brown a week or so ago said that there was a reason why we lost to Col Ewe that he would keep secret until the end of the season ---sounded like maybe a juicy incident?

So anybody knows exactly what happened?

My guess is maybe a disciplinary matter with Akinola & Nathaniel-George perhaps - as they were arguably our 2 best attackers yet not been seen since

Any ideas people?

Supposedly had something to do with the quality of information provided by the Data Analyst, Sam Hall, who was quickly and quietly shown the exit door after the game.....allegedly.

ah yes i remember Brown saying the way Col Ewe lined up surprised him. I didnt think it would be Brown's fault - of course not!!!! :Think:.... I think he will get us back up within 2 years , but already i am hating his egotistical statements .....?

ah yes i remember Brown saying the way Col Ewe lined up surprised him. I didnt think it would be Brown's fault - of course not!!!! :Think:.... I think he will get us back up within 2 years , but already i am hating his egotistical statements .....?
Honestly, one of his recent ones triggered me a bit. And then I relaxed. He is what he is and, when it comes to it, that ego often comes with a purpose. We know he likes the limelight and yet here he is now battling from the trenches with Southend United in the NL and making so many of the right noises.

Much of what he’s saying at the moment is spot on. And for me that just makes it easier to read some of his ego-bombs with a chuckle and an “ah… Phil!”

Honestly, one of his recent ones triggered me a bit. And then I relaxed. He is what he is and, when it comes to it, that ego often comes with a purpose. We know he likes the limelight and yet here he is now battling from the trenches with Southend United in the NL and making so many of the right noises.

Much of what he’s saying at the moment is spot on. And for me that just makes it easier to read some of his ego-bombs with a chuckle and an “ah… Phil!”
Yep this kinda sums up how I feel.

As I have said before, you don't have to be liked to be successful, it sure helps and from my stand point, it is preferred, but it is not a necessity.

If Brown is going to come in shake some feathers up with his own unique style but gets the results and makes our stay a temporary one in the NL, then I will support that. Even better if he can build a team around him who can work with him.

HOWEVER, that is why I am fully backing Stan's involvement and the need for a CEO , so this type of event doesn't happen in the first place. And this is why I think it could work with PB and Stan both in place. Once more PB is off to scout John Doe at Accrington on the same day Craig Fagan is looking at Peter Smith in Whyteleafe FC ( now there's two rumours for you all lol) How much of an assistance would it be to say to Stan, Any chance you could get to Bromley to look at our next opponents. or any mix of the above example. Surely that is an asset to start with.

If we are more professional off the pitch in all activities, it must transfer to on the pitch performances. For me that is non-negotiable.

On this occasion he is spot on though, nowadays stats guys are vital to preparing for a game, they are far more important than a traditional scout as they give quantitive advice.

Perhaps MM should have looked at the quality of his backroom staff before he dragged them all along

Surely if that was the case, you make the team adapt to whatever the opposition do tactically and style wise?

Surely if that was the case, you make the team adapt to whatever the opposition do tactically and style wise?

Obviously, but with the fragile morale at the time and propensity for heads to drop after going a goal down, you could argue that the correct information and setup from the very start was even more crucial?

I still don't get why Brown drove all the way to Barrow. Surely that time would have been better spent watching multiple videos, including Col Ewe, even if just to calibrate what the data analyst he hadn't worked with before was telling him. I get that it is better to watch in person than on video but when time was tight that seems to be an extraordinarily poor choice of time.

ps Why are all Brown's scouting trips seemingly up north?

Supposedly had something to do with the quality of information provided by the Data Analyst, Sam Hall, who was quickly and quietly shown the exit door after the game.....allegedly.

Wasn't he the only member of MM's backroom staff who stayed ?

i preferred the other bloke, the one the analyst worked for, he was a good guy, knew fk all about the professional game and turned us into a laughing stock, but a much better man ( I Know neither PB or MM, but wanted to jump on the band wagon)

Has anyone got a copy or a link to the picture of Pell and their front man laughing at Oxley when they get the first goal ...

The had deffo done their homework

Back