• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrsblue

Banned
Our last 26 league games have produced only 7 wins 11 draws with 8 defeats scoring a pathetic 26 goals!!

32 points from 26 is no where near good enough for promotion,Add the play off games then it's 7 wins from 28 .

The common denominator during this run has been lack of goals,This season same story!

Phil's selections have confused/angered me for example Shaq has played 567 minutes scored nothing,Jack has only played 240 minutes and is top scorer with 3 !

Phil for whatever reason will not give the untried forwards a sniff when it's clearly obvious we need to change it but then again the past 28 league/PO games he has not done so.

Oh for goodness sake, how many more threads of doom and gloom are you going to start? It's getting tedious in the extreme. It's the same thing re-worked over and over again!!! :angry:

Our last 26 league games have produced only 7 wins 11 draws with 8 defeats scoring a pathetic 26 goals!!

32 points from 26 is no where near good enough for promotion,Add the play off games then it's 7 wins from 28 .

The common denominator during this run has been lack of goals,This season same story!

Phil's selections have confused/angered me for example Shaq has played 567 minutes scored nothing,Jack has only played 240 minutes and is top scorer with 3 !

Phil for whatever reason will not give the untried forwards a sniff when it's clearly obvious we need to change it but then again the past 28 league/PO games he has not done so.

And you told me to "bore off"' ironic you'd agree?

And you told me to "bore off"' ironic you'd agree?

I will ignore OBL's post as she is just on the hunt for an argument!

My point is over several months of football we just don't change so who can say if the following months it will improve or just stagnate !

I will ignore OBL's post as she is just on the hunt for an argument!

Equally ironic as your post yet again seems to be deliberately goading others into responding in a way in which you seem to delight!

I can finish this here and now.

Yes, yes, Mrs Blue, we all agree. Go and talk to Mr Brown about it.

And moving on...

Equally ironic as your post yet again seems to be deliberately goading others into responding in a way in which you seem to delight!

Not at all,

If you were posting up stuff which I had little interest or was bored with the same old I would avoid making any comment!

Not at all,

If you were posting up stuff which I had little interest or was bored with the same old I would avoid making any comment!

I am hoping that one of the moderators might agree with me and close this pointless drivel!

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Brown sees Payne in training every day, he judged him ready and he's scored 3 in 2 games. He should be praised giving Payne his chance not criticised for not doing it earlier. Plus how is Coulthirst's playing time relevant to Payne's when they don't play in the same position?

Our lack of goals as a team is a worry however. I have been doing some digging regarding stats myself this morning, looking at the last 4 seasons that we've been in this division.

Points. Of the 16 teams promoted in that time, 7 of them have had 8pts or less after 6 matches. So there's no need to be overly concerned on that front right now.

Goals. Here is where we should be concerned. As a team, we've only got 5 league goals so far. Only one team has scored as few at this stage and got promoted (Wycombe in 2010-11).

The 20+ Goalscorer. Most seem to regard it a necessity to have a 20+ goalscorer to get promoted. It's simply not true.
Out the 16 promoted teams, only 4 had a top scorer with 20 or more league goals. Infact 9 teams in the last 4 seasons were promoted while have a top scorer with 14 or less goals.

Goals from around the team is far more important, and that's where we need to improve right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back